Windows 10: video thumbnails size stuck on small

Discus and support video thumbnails size stuck on small in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows Explorer all videos converted with Any Video Converter have small thumbnails in Windows Explorer. i didn't used to have this problem. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chickadee28, Nov 13, 2016.

1. video thumbnails size stuck on small

In Windows Explorer all videos converted with Any Video Converter have small thumbnails in Windows Explorer. i didn't used to have this problem. I tried for days to figure this out. I did one video with Handbrake and it was a normal size thumbnail for the same video i had problems with using Any Video Converter. How would one a video converter effect how windows processes thumbnails? I tried clearing the thumbnails through CCleaner and the Windows Cleanup. See Screenshot for what I'm talking about. I'm on Windows 10 64 bit. Using Classic Shell.

video thumbnails size stuck on small [​IMG]

:)

chickadee28, Nov 13, 2016

2. Thumbnail sizes

In my Windows 10, there is no difference in the size of the thumbnail size between large and very large. Medium is extremely small thumbnails. I upgraded from 8.1 where the thumbnails were considerably larger in appearance. Any ideas how I can adjust
    them to be larger thumbnails?

KrystalHays, Nov 13, 2016
  3. N95 8GB - Video Center

Yes but if you just copy a JPEG, PNG or GIF file (doesn't matter what it is) just keep it small (10K-100KB in size). Name the file
    EXACTLY like the video file (pay attention to upper and lower case). Now put the picture file together in the same folder where you have the video file and Video Center will not try to make a thumbnail (it will use the picture you loaded) and will not
    close.

Try it, it works!, I have full movies (over 1 GB in size) and Video Center works fine.

el_loco---01, Nov 13, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

video thumbnails size stuck on small

Have you tried going to View in the ribbon on top of explorer and selecting icon sizes?

video thumbnails size stuck on small [​IMG]

essenbe, Nov 13, 2016
  5. Well yes a million times. And still have this problem after replacing my hard drive and reinstalling windows. Looks pretty silly when i use Extra Large and they're still small. I normally use Large though.

chickadee28, Nov 13, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    I've asked someone to come take a look at it.

essenbe, Nov 15, 2016
  7. Thanks. I've also contacted Any Video Converter as well. they had me send a video to test. not sure if it's their end or Windows end. Quite frustrating nonetheless with all the other windows bugs i have since 8 on. Win7 was perfect. ever since i bought this laptop with 8 on it, now 10, it's just been nothing but problems. ugh.

chickadee28, Nov 15, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

Is it just the icons? Is the actual movie/video normal size when you watch it?

essenbe, Nov 15, 2016
  9. I'm just talking about the icons in Windows Explorer. It plays fine in WMP or VLC. i thought maybe a messed up aspect ratio or resolution caused the glitch so i re-converted a video like 10 times trying different resolutions and such. no difference. I use Media Info to look at the video specs for each video and i can't see anything obvious.

10. essenbe Win User
    @Cliff S took a look and said

I looked at the list and didn't see any that I was familiar with. I always run all of mine through Handbrake no matter what program I use to edit/produce/encode videos. Aside from very good quality, I find it produces a much smaller file size as well.

essenbe, Nov 15, 2016
  11. I tried Handbrake. and the same video produced normal thumbnails but there is no option to normalize or adjust the volume. i have been waiting on that feature for 10 years. so i guess they don't think it's important. its important to me for all the music videos at majorly different volume levels i download off youtube. some of the videos i have to boost up to 10db gain give or take. some 5 db gain. AVC is the only converter that works the way i like and has volume adjustments.

12. namsu Win User
    I am having this same exact issue.
    Did you ever get an answer to this?

namsu, Sep 20, 2017
  13. video thumbnails size stuck on small

No. It seems that Any Video Converter has something to do with it. I tried another editor and it was fine but I don't have the money to buy it right now. Are you using Any Video Converter as well?

chickadee28, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. video thumbnails size stuck on small - Similar Threads - video thumbnails size

2. file thumbnails too small.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file thumbnails too small.: I have the exact same problem as the one in the link below. It was posted in 2018 and now 2022 I have not found an answer. My old computer's thumbnail were great but these are too...
  3. file thumbnails too small.

in Windows 10 Customization
    file thumbnails too small.: I have the exact same problem as the one in the link below. It was posted in 2018 and now 2022 I have not found an answer. My old computer's thumbnail were great but these are too...
  4. Video Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails: I recently bought a new camera a Sony A7iv and I am recording in the XAVC S format which is a medium compression format for mp4 videos but for some reason files from the device are not loading thumbnails I don't have this issue with any of my other cameras as both my Sony...
  5. Video thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video thumbnails: Thumbnails were arbitrarily assigned to video files that are unrelated to the video itself.How do I correct this?I want the thumbnail to be a still from the video, not what was arbitrarily assigned to it.Note: this has nothing to do with Sharepoint or "asset libraries". These...
  6. Video thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails: Thumbnails were arbitrarily assigned to video files that are unrelated to the video itself.How do I correct this?I want the thumbnail to be a still from the video, not what was arbitrarily assigned to it.Note: this has nothing to do with Sharepoint or "asset libraries". These...
  7. Video thumbnails

8. Thumbnail Size Difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail Size Difference: I was wondering why the thumbnail image is bigger than others.. I am new at making my own icons, etc and the only thing I can say is that they are all the same dimensions. They are all kb in size. I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does. Any ideas to fix it? Some larger...
  9. Thumbnail Size Difference

Thumbnail Size Difference: I was wondering why the thumbnail image is bigger than others.. I am new at making my own icons, etc and the only thing I can say is that they are all the same dimensions. They are all kb in size. I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does. Any ideas to fix it? Some larger...
  10. Thumbnail view size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail view size: Even when I have selected extra large icons the thumbnails are only showing as large icons. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-view-size/57e412f5-d3c6-478a-851f-1c52e74a655e"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video thumbnails size stuck on small

2. windows 10 extreme large thumbnail is the same as small