Windows 10: VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD when waking up PC back from sleep

Discus and support VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD when waking up PC back from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I have re-installed WIN 10 and updated the GPU drivers, but sadly, I couldn't get away from the VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR which happens to me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by liron, Jan 14, 2017.

1. liron Win User

VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD when waking up PC back from sleep

Hey, I have re-installed WIN 10 and updated the GPU drivers, but sadly, I couldn't get away from the VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR which happens to me when I wake my pc from Sleeping Mode.

Now I must say I am not new when it comes to this problem, I tried some googling when I first had it and found some threads about this problem, literally almost all of them were people with the same GPU chip as mine, the GTX 660, so is it my GPU fault? I dont think so, it works fine until it comes to this problem. Most of them fixed their problem or left with it at the end of their posts, though, there wasn't really a clear solution and it seems like it just got fixed "randomly", I have this problem for a while now and honestly I managed to fix it a few times but it came back sadly everytime, some random fixes

So basically this problem started when I started OC my GPU, at the moment, my GPU stands on a very stable overclock, never goes above 71 celcius in games at the most, and never crashes at the moment, so I really dont think it is related to Overclocking Instability. If I am not wrong even if I revert my OC settings the problem will still exist.

So I really want to find a solution for this problem, I do know my GPU can wake up my system normally, let me remind you once again that this problem occurs after a complete OS re-installation, after the OS re-installation the OS downloaded GTX 660 drivers which later I updated through NVIDIA's stite because they were not the newest version.

So what do you think? What is causing the problem? I might try and give a shot and re-install nvidia's drivers once again completely using DDU, but I really doubt it will fix it as I tried it in the past, maybe its related to my GPU BIOS and maybe flashing a vanilla one from the internet will solve it. I might say though, when it comes to BSOD errors and reading them, I am not really an expert, so I am also looking for solutions here.

Thank you all for reading and I hope for replies and help *Smile

P.S - Attached BSOD files using the program from one of the sticked Threads.

:)

liron, Jan 14, 2017
  2. RyanKel Win User

BSOD after wake from sleep "Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error"

Thanks for your help! I ended up changed my video memory in bios from 512 MB to 256 MB and it fixed the issue. Probably a bug in the driver.

RyanKel, Jan 14, 2017
  3. RyanKel Win User
    RyanKel, Jan 14, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

Looking at your most recent BSOD error it is:
    VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
    Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.

Here are some tips for looking into this error (some you have already done):

A VIDEO_TDR_ERROR always relates to the system's graphics card (TDR = Timeout Detection Recovery). This could be down to a number of reasons including drivers, heat, power to the card, a faulty PCI-e slot or simply a defective GPU. It's in your best interests to employ common sense trouble shooting techniques in these situations.

• Try later and/or earlier drivers
    • Measure the GPU's temperatures at idle and under load
    • Ensure the GPU is free from dust build up and that the fan is working correctly
    • Reseat the GPU and check all connections are securely made
    • Check PSU voltages in BIOS
    • Try a different card in the system

philc43, Jan 15, 2017
  5. liron Win User
    hi, I fixed it by flashing a different GPU BIOS I found in the internet, instant wake up from sleeping now

liron, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD when waking up PC back from sleep - Similar Threads - VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSOD waking

2. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hello,Since a few weeks i'm running into the issue of my pc having a blue screen when I wake it up from sleep, this is pretty irritating since the pc always has to restart after waking up and it takes long. I'm not a tech guy so I would really appreciate if someone can help...
  3. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hello,Since a few weeks i'm running into the issue of my pc having a blue screen when I wake it up from sleep, this is pretty irritating since the pc always has to restart after waking up and it takes long. I'm not a tech guy so I would really appreciate if someone can help...
  4. BSOD everytime when PC wakes up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD everytime when PC wakes up from sleep mode.: Started happening a few days after installing my new GPU. When I'm away from my PC for a few hours, it will go to automatic sleep. But when I wake up my computer with the power button it will load for a few seconds then BSOD will appear then restart my PC. I check my BIOS and...
  5. BSOD everytime when PC wakes up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD everytime when PC wakes up from sleep mode.: Started happening a few days after installing my new GPU. When I'm away from my PC for a few hours, it will go to automatic sleep. But when I wake up my computer with the power button it will load for a few seconds then BSOD will appear then restart my PC. I check my BIOS and...
  6. BSOD everytime when PC wakes up from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSODS When Waking PC from Sleep

BSODS When Waking PC from Sleep: Hello,TL:DR Newly built PC BSODs every few days after waking, have tried almost everything.I will do my best to explain everything here in detail.I ordered all the parts and built the PC about 2 months ago.Specs:The specsRyzen 5600xAsus B550-F wifi32GB Hyper X Fury DDR4...
  8. BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep

BSOD when PC wakes up from sleep: Hi guys, so my PC has always been doing this. 1 in 3 or 4 wake up form sleep the PC will restart itself, and creating the dmp below. I have tried everything. From memory test, reinatalling GPU drivers, using old drivers, even doing a restart function with Windows, which kept...
  9. BSOD when waking up from sleep

BSOD when waking up from sleep: Hello all, Last few weeks, I have been getting BSOD when waking my PC up from sleep in the morning. I do telework bc of the pandemic and when I wake up the PC, it shows blue screen. Sometimes it shows an error code and sometimes it doesn't. I have attached the LOG files as...
  10. BSOD when waking up from sleep

BSOD when waking up from sleep: So, I was having this problem for awhile now and the BSOD when waking up was "kernel_data_inpage_error" but kept freezing on 0% to create minidumps, I was unable to get those. Today was a different error "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" and was able to get one minidump from it. I...