Windows 10: Videos does not play in windows 10

Discus and support Videos does not play in windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every thing was working fine few days back,all of a sudden no videos are playing in my laptop. but after i restart pc videos do play.so every time i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mohan, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Mohan Win User

Videos does not play in windows 10

Every thing was working fine few days back,all of a sudden no videos are playing in my laptop.
    but after i restart pc videos do play.so every time i shut down my pc i will have to restart my pc to play videos ,it is so annoying . any suggesions.

:)

Mohan, Aug 9, 2017

2. Movies & TV App in Windows 10 Mobile Preview not resuming last played Video like Xbox Video App

Movies & TV App in Windows 10 Mobile Preview not resuming last played Video. Also it does not remember last played position for any videos like Xbox Video

Sandeep.V.K, Aug 9, 2017
  3. Video problems in windows 10

I updated my Lenovo-PC from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Everything worked smoothly for some days and now i am facing problems regarding the playing of videos. I am unable to play any of the videos or music in my laptop nor am i able to watch videos online.
    If i play a video on youtube the site does load but video does not play and this happens for every website. I require an urgent solution to my problem.

ShreyasChiney, Aug 9, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there, Mohan. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

Which browser are you using?

Tony K, Aug 9, 2017
  5. Mohan Win User
    I use mozilla and chrome.
    i think no problem with browser,
    Even TV and movies app is not playing any videos.
    once i restart it works.

Mohan, Aug 10, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    That's strange. Seems like something in the video service aspect is not loading upon a cold start, but then loads on restart.

Did you look on the Dell site for a similar problem and fix?

If none, you may want to try these:

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Run this at least 3 times even if it says there are no errors:

Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

If all else fails, perhaps a reset is in order. Reset Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Tony K, Aug 10, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    Also, maybe your Video Card somehow became corrupt.

Uninstall your Video Card completely.
    Restart the computer.
    Go to the website of your video card, and download the latest version of it, install it.
    Restart the computer.
    See if you can play videos again.

pepanee, Aug 11, 2017
  8. Mohan Win User

Hey,thank you for your replies.
    After upgraded windows and it solved video playing problems for me*chuckle

Mohan, Aug 14, 2017
  9. Tony K Win User
    You're welcome. Thanks for posting your fix/results.

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Videos does not play in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Videos does play

2. How does component video play in windows 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How does component video play in windows 10 computer?: I have an old camcorder for which I have purchased an AVI/component cable (red/yellow-white inputs) that plugs into my computer. I would like to play the tape on the camcorder and see and capture it on the computer. I cannot seem to figure out how it is supposed to show on...
  3. Why does Windows 10 play videos with a green tint?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows 10 play videos with a green tint?: [ATTACH] Please help I've been trying to fix this issue since I upgraded my pc in January. Green hue: https://preview.redd.it/5c6xa9pgpel61.png?width=1600&format=png&auto=webp&s=663a9c9025ada6f0477799f693b1ffd37a533bff submitted by /u/busterbxxx [link] [comments]...
  4. PLAYING VIDEO IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PLAYING VIDEO IN WINDOWS 10: VIDEOS 720P OR ANYONE CAN'T NO CLEAR DISPLAY.IT'S DRAGGING UP AND DOWN.IT'S SOUND OK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-video-in-windows-10/774a3787-84ca-4ef7-95f2-32ec83d9c1d4
  5. Problem with OPEN PLAY windows 10. Open Play does not respond. ? trying to watch video.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with OPEN PLAY windows 10. Open Play does not respond. ? trying to watch video.: Problem with OPEN PLAY windows 10. Open Play does not respond. ? trying to watch video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-open-play-windows-10-open-play-does/a2ea89c5-709b-4983-8398-8acd7055486f
  6. OneDrive online Does not play Videos..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    OneDrive online Does not play Videos..: My Onedrive on my PC plays the videos however when I go to the website some play & some do not. The app on my devices does not play the videos the screen is black the time keeper does count down like the video is playing. All the videos work over a month ago - I did not...
  7. playing videos with windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    playing videos with windows 10: Hi, Since I upgraded to windows 10 from windows Vista I haven't been able to play videos on my PC including You tube on internet whatever browser I use...
  8. Video not playing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Video not playing in windows 10: I have had a problem viewing videos on my laptop for some time. When I play a video the sound works fine but there is no picture. I have tried opening the videos with several players i.e. power DVD Windows Media Player Quick Time etc. but none work However, if I open one...
  9. Windows 10 does not play WMV video files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not play WMV video files: Hi Having recently updated to Windows 10, I am astonished (annoyed) to discover Windows 10 does not play WMV video files, particularly those created using Windows Movie Maker. There doesn't seem to be very much advice on this on the net and the following is short list of...
  10. videos will not play in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    videos will not play in windows 10: I just upgraded to windows 10 without any installation problems or error massages. However I soon discovered that I am unable to play any videos including any that are on youtube. When I do click on one i get distorted audio, no video playback and IE crashes. I was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my videos arent playing smoothly on quick time closing down

2. windows 10 does not play mp4 2147219196