Windows 10: Videos go black and white on my laptop whilst charging

Discus and support Videos go black and white on my laptop whilst charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi recently videos go black and white on my laptop whilst charging, please could someone help, thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elizaelias, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Videos go black and white on my laptop whilst charging

Hi recently videos go black and white on my laptop whilst charging,

please could someone help,

thanks

:)

elizaelias, Aug 18, 2018

2. Videos playing in black and white when my laptop is charging

It only happens when my laptop is plugged in. When I run on the battery, everything is fine.

At first, it was only happening to Netflix videos. In the Netflix app, Windows 10. I started watching in my browser, and it was fine. It also would play videos on black and white in the Window's Media Player, or any program that plays videos. However, it's
    starting to do it do Youtube videos, but not ALL of them. It's really weird.

Sometimes it's not necessarily in "black and white," I don't think. It's almost as if the color saturation is just really low. Like there'll be faded hints of blue and green.

I've already checked to see if my settings are different for when my laptop is charging, and nothing there seems to be causing the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Natalie1729, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Videos playing in black and white when my laptop is charging

Hi Natalie,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that videos are playing in black and white only when the laptop is charging.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you updated the hardware drivers?

• Do you access the YouTube videos through browser/any other source?

• Since when you are facing the issue?
    Until you reply to us, you may follow the below suggestions and check if it helps.

You may try to run the video playback troubleshooter and check if it helps. It will help you to fix the problems with the video, movies and television.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Video playback.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Video playback
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Video playback troubleshooter.
    I suggest you to update the display adapter and power cord adapter drivers and check if it helps.
    Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 18, 2018
  4. JanaDS Win User

Videos go black and white on my laptop whilst charging

Videos playing in black and white when my laptop is charging

Any suggestions for solving this same problem in Windows 8? I tried the above method by after Step 3 there's no Video playback option as suggested in Step 4.

Thanks!

JanaDS, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Videos go black and white on my laptop whilst charging

1. Videos go black and white on my laptop whilst charging - Similar Threads - Videos black white

2. video playback only in black/white

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video playback only in black/white: All video playback, from Youtube to zoom to PPT files, originally recorded in color, now only replay in B/W. This just seems to occur in the last week or so of the new year 2021. I'm using Windows 10 ver 1.4.9200.22589, HP ENVY 360 laptop....
  3. Videos go black when charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos go black when charging: Hi Microsoft Community, i have a problem. When ever my charger is connected to my Inspirion 13 7000 series core i3 7th gen, videos only play audio and a black screen. however, when i press the start button in the bottom left corner the screen goes back to normal, but returns...
  4. Videos playing in black and white when my laptop is charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos playing in black and white when my laptop is charging: It only happens when my laptop is plugged in. When I run on the battery, everything is fine. At first, it was only happening to Netflix videos. In the Netflix app, Windows 10. I started watching in my browser, and it was fine. It also would play videos on black and white...
  5. Pictures and Videos are showing in Black and White

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures and Videos are showing in Black and White: I am getting all pictures, video and any thing that is on e-mail , you tube or any pictures on news feeds. like a flim nagitive the blacks are white and the whites are black. not any art work ***Modify title from: Picures***...
  6. video's are playing in black and white.

video's are playing in black and white.: My video's are playing in black and white....please help fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-playing-in-black-and-white/1544da19-31b3-4152-8d1b-ad48ab0ab95e
  7. Video playing in black and white AND zoomed in...

Video playing in black and white AND zoomed in...: So today (10/11/18) I went to go watch something I have saved one my laptop but I found it playing in black and white. Well, tried a few different things and the video started to play zoomed in on a specific area of the video. So I did some more searching, checked to make...
  8. videos play in black and white

videos play in black and white: I have Windows 10 and when I play a CNN video and other videos, they play in black and white. When I disconnect the power cord, they play in color. Any ideas?...
  9. Videos in black and white

Videos in black and white: All of a sudden my videos and movies on my computer are playing in black and white. I messed with some of the setting and now i can see some greens and blues in the video but everything else is still black and white. What is wrong with it? How can I fix this?...
  10. Videos only playing in black and white.

Videos only playing in black and white.: All of the sudden, my videos only play in black and white. I am not computer savvy and have no idea of what I did to cause this or how to fix it. I did some general things but didn't want to do anything to make matters worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black and white video while charging

2. video playback on black and white when charging

3. video black and white when charging