Windows 10: Videos load but will not play, or will play literally .3 fps HELP!

Discus and support Videos load but will not play, or will play literally .3 fps HELP! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure what happened. The computer auto upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago, and then as of yesterday, all internet videos (not just on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by teddymv, Feb 22, 2017.

1. teddymv Win User

Videos load but will not play, or will play literally .3 fps HELP!

I'm not sure what happened. The computer auto upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago, and then as of yesterday, all internet videos (not just on Chrome/Edge/certain sites) will do one of three things:

1) Either seemingly load normally, but nothing will play (image shows up fine and I can skip ahead in the video to any point and see that point in the video fine but nothing plays)

2) The video will begin to play, advancing about 1 frame every 2-3 seconds. Can anyone please help me? I'm struggling a lot because I need to watch certain videos for class so this is severely limiting my ability to get work done.

3) Videos that show percentage on screen of how much is buffered/loaded will just start at 0, go quickly to 100%, stop, then back to zero and repeat infinitely.

I don't know what I could have possibly done that would have caused this...any help you could offer would be much appreciated

:)

teddymv, Feb 22, 2017

2. After random update,I am lagging EXTREMELY hard on my games.

I am literally getting 1 and 2 FPS on every game I play. PLEASE HELP!

RileySmithZJ, Feb 22, 2017
  3. nokia 5610 ....videos do not play smoothly at 30 fps QVGA

as promised by nokia vidoes r not played smoothy at 30 fps on nokia 5610

but they work fine when played at 15 fps....above 15 videos lag

i use total video converter 3.11........help

akshayable, Feb 22, 2017
  4. bookfox Win User

I would say to update your video card drivers, and install VLC, then try again.

bookfox, Feb 22, 2017
  5. teddymv Win User
    Sorry, I should've mentioned, I already checked on my driver and it is up to date. And isn't VLC just an external video player, like for files I download? Forgive my naivete, but what would that do for internet videos? Thanks

teddymv, Feb 22, 2017
  6. Go to Control Panel>Security and Maintenance>Maintenance>View Reliability History and see if there are any incidents recorded.If there are,then View Tech Details will give you a starting point,normally the second last line[Bucket ID].
    Just because the drivers are CLAIMED to be up-to-date isn't always correct.Go to the card maker's site and check yourself.

joeandmarg0, Feb 22, 2017
  7. bookfox Win User
    You're right, it shouldn't have anything to do with the internet videos - keyword: shouldn't. But I've seen stranger things happen. I guess at the time I made that comment, I figured 'worth a shot'. Otherwise, maybe a codec issue? And an SFC scan wouldn't hurt.

joeandmarg0 makes a good point also.

bookfox, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Videos load but will not play, or will play literally .3 fps HELP! - Similar Threads - Videos load play

2. Videos load but won't play.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos load but won't play.: My laptop is a recent HP Victus, runs windows 11 64 bit, all updated graphics card RTX3050 too,Today I was playing a video on youtube but then it got frozen, even though it was almost finished and fully loaded.Since then i was never able to play any video on any browser nor...
  3. Videos load but won't play.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos load but won't play.: My laptop is a recent HP Victus, runs windows 11 64 bit, all updated graphics card RTX3050 too,Today I was playing a video on youtube but then it got frozen, even though it was almost finished and fully loaded.Since then i was never able to play any video on any browser nor...
  4. Videos not playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing: Hello folks,Last week videos would not play online. Didn't matter which browser.I could open the video and it would show the content, load it, etc. But it would not play.I updated everything audio, windows 10, video driver, etcNothing helped. I switched to the default audio...
  5. Video player won't load/play

Video player won't load/play: +At one time, my Windows Media Player worked fine. Now, when I try to watch a video I received on e-mail, I get the error message "Windows Media Player didn't start". Seems I can manually open it, but it doesn't link to other programs? Microsoft has so many pages of downloads...
  6. Video player won't load/play

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video player won't load/play: I seem to have lost my media player for Windows 10. While in my e-mail, if I try to play a video, I get this message: Sorry, the video player failed to load.Error Code: 101102. I have never messed with the program and wonder if an update messed up the link to the player or if...
  7. play video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    play video: video plays for 2 minutes when says hour play error OxcOOd3a9a cant play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-video/18b66a8b-579a-4900-8df1-955033124170
  8. Video's will not play

Video's will not play: Hello, My laptop (acer) is only 4 years old and it suddenly won't play my videos - I downloaded video's that I originally filmed on my phone and they have played on my laptop in the past but now it suddenly won't. My Windows Media Player suddenly won't play them. Also my...
  9. All video formats slow to load and play

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    All video formats slow to load and play: No matter which video player I use, nor which video format I am trying to play, the file hangs sometimes for several minutes before finally playing. Sometimes I have to manually close the program and start it again because it just takes too long. This seems to be happening...
  10. Videos will not play

in Windows 10 Support
    Videos will not play: Worked fine yesterday and now today any browser that tries to load a video freezes. Any video I try to start with media player or VLC just starts to load up and stops, nothing happens. Have been searching for fixes, Cleared internet history cache, checked in control panel...