Windows 10: Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen)

Discus and support Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've run into a problem with videos not playing properly after installing the Asus ATK package from the support website. First, Youtube Videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CJ Mempin, Jul 8, 2018.

1. CJ Mempin Win User

Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen)

Hello, I've run into a problem with videos not playing properly after installing the Asus ATK package from the support website.
    First, Youtube Videos failed to load the actual videos, only having the sound playing, with only a black screen. I disabled Hardware Acceleration for chrome, that seemed to work.

Then I checked my saved videos (series, movies) and found that they were also not playing properly. it only showed a green screen and with the audio intact. I only recently updated the Nvidia Drivers and they seemed to be working fine until now.

Could this be attributed to the ATK package? If so, How can I fix it?

System Information:
    ASUS ROG FX553VE, 64-bit Windows 10
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti

Thank you in advance

:)

CJ Mempin, Jul 8, 2018

2. Video play green or black screen

Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you.

Ronald Tice, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Green screen and black

I get green and black screen on videos that I play on Edge, why?

GaloreRu1z4n3x, Jul 8, 2018
  4. kdherr Win User

Green screen and black

Had the same problem and tried all kinds of updates and reinstalls. Finally I fixed it! Typed in Troubleshooting which brought me the control panel. Look to the left and you will see "view all" click on it. When you click view all you will see the whole troubleshooting list. Double click hardware and devices and run the trouble shooter. Mine said something about an out of date driver but ignore that and click next and it will continue to check for problems. It then found "failed to detect hardware changes" it then applied the fix. I am now finally playing videos without green or black screens.!

kdherr, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Videos not playing properly (Black Screen, Green Screen) - Similar Threads - Videos playing properly

2. Black Screen/Green Pixely Screen when watching a video in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen/Green Pixely Screen when watching a video in fullscreen: This just started today and I've spent hours trying to fix it. I have been to multiple websites, YouTube videos, etc trying to fix this issue. I have tested this on Chrome and Edge, both have the same problem. When the video isn't in full-screen there is no problem watching...
  3. Videos when played have green screen and not the actual video.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos when played have green screen and not the actual video.: Whenever i try to play saved videos, I can only see a green screen and not the actual video. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-when-played-have-green-screen-and-not-the/9eaed6b0-a26c-491d-8b81-f40056ab5199
  4. Green screen for videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Green screen for videos: I'm not sure how long ago I updated my computer, but I want to say about a month maybe less than that I tried to watch a video on Youtube and I could only see a green screen and hearwhatwas being said in the video. So I did some research and found out you could disable...
  5. Windows 10 green screen while playing videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 green screen while playing videos: why am i getting a green screen every time i watch videos on my laptop using windows 10 i can't play video's in settings & Netflix same problem there is a voice but on green screen!!! tell me what to do other answers didn't help me at all...
  6. green screen when videos play

green screen when videos play: New Acer laptop, the videos (youtube etc.) play audio but only a green screen on video. The frames can be seen along the progress bar (sorry don't know terminology). How can I fix this? I have Windows 10 Home...
  7. Green screen videos

Green screen videos: I've recently downloaded the new version of Windows, and since then I've been getting this issue where other than chrome because I turned off Hardware acceleration. Every other apps have green screen when I play videos. For example like instagram. i need help a respond will...
  8. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video play green or black screen: After Win 10 installed, everything works fine except for videos. When I try to view them using my Facebook page, I am just getting a green or black screen although I usually have audio -- but not always. I have installed and updated AMD drivers. Thank you. 13786
  9. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video play green or black screen: Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you. 14343
  10. Green screen and black

in Windows 10 Support
    Green screen and black: I get green and black screen on videos that I play on Edge, why? 9530

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sparkocam greenscreen video will not play

2. video not showing properly green screen