Windows 10: videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers

Discus and support videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 5 computers in my home, all running up to date versions of windows 10 home or pro. this issue is driving me crazy. it used to be that no mater... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VikingTrad3r, Jul 17, 2018.

1. videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers

I have 5 computers in my home, all running up to date versions of windows 10 home or pro.

this issue is driving me crazy.

it used to be that no mater which browser I used, edge, chrome, or firefox, I could watch/listen to news video clips on bnnbloomberg.ca and ctv.ca

now everytime, and on every computer in my household (I recently nuked my asus g53j installing a ssd, fresh install windows 10) and I cannot open ANY video without it being on mute to start with.

furthermore, even if I unmute the video in the browser window, the next video up, no matter if I use the autoplay feature (which I like) or even if I take the time to make a 'playlist' the next video is ALWAYS muted.

anybody else had this issue? I've tried what I thought was everything.
    originally i thought it was related to the websites.

anybody have any direction here?

note youtube was doing it for a while, but now it is opening unmuted.

:)

VikingTrad3r, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2018
  3. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 17, 2018
  4. videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers

Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers

1. videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers - Similar Threads - videos websites opening

2. Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers: I was able to connect to any website last night but when I opened up Chrome today, I could only open a few websites and most of these sites are popular such as barstoolsports, macys, tomshardware, pcgamer, etc... I tried different browsers and had the exact same problem. The...
  3. Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers: I was able to connect to any website last night but when I opened up Chrome today, I could only open a few websites and most of these sites are popular such as barstoolsports, macys, tomshardware, pcgamer, etc... I tried different browsers and had the exact same problem. The...
  4. Unable to connect to all websites on all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Website not loading correctly on all browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Website not loading correctly on all browsers: Hello, Whenever I try to visit cbi.eu, I see only a white background and links (no css), on any browser (chrome, edge, firefox). I tried other laptops and they had no problems using the same Wi-Fi. What could be the problem and how can I fix it? [img] 164639
  6. all my browser crashes on a website

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all my browser crashes on a website: Hi, whenver i use this link https://www.investing.com/equities/interglobe-aviation-ltd-chart and use the chart in full screen mode, after 10-15 mins, all of a sudden, my browser as well as my whole laptop stop working. I tried this link in google chrome, Microsoft edge,...
  7. Websites in all browsers are too white

in Browsers and Email
    Websites in all browsers are too white: I'm currently having some problems where some things in my web-browsers are too white. E.g. the highlight color when hovering with mouse over search suggestions in Google is all white. Same also goes for text fields on webpages. On one of the screenshots the numbers are...
  8. Websites in all browsers are too white

in Windows 10 Support
    Websites in all browsers are too white: I'm currently having some problems where some things in my web-browsers are too white. E.g. the highlight color when hovering with mouse over search suggestions in Google is all white. Same also goes for text fields on webpages. On one of the screenshots the numbers are...
  9. something causing all videos --in any and all browsers-- muted. HELP

in Browsers and Email
    something causing all videos --in any and all browsers-- muted. HELP: this has happened to multiple computers at my home network. we are all running win 10. we run a variety of browsers: firefox, IE, edge, and chrome. videos that we click, are starting muted. every time. at first, because i use chrome, i thought it was chrome related. but...
  10. videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers

in Browsers and Email
    videos on websites opening muted windows 10 home all browsers: I have 5 computers in my home, all running up to date versions of windows 10 home or pro. this issue is driving me crazy. it used to be that no mater which browser I used, edge, chrome, or firefox, I could watch/listen to news video clips on bnnbloomberg.ca and ctv.ca now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my videos on websites are muted by default help