Windows 10: Videos only playing in black and white.

Discus and support Videos only playing in black and white. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of the sudden, my videos only play in black and white. I am not computer savvy and have no idea of what I did to cause this or how to fix it. I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LindaDressler, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Videos only playing in black and white.

All of the sudden, my videos only play in black and white. I am not computer savvy and have no idea of what I did to cause this or how to fix it. I did some general things but didn't want to do anything to make matters worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I have to make the decision to take it in for a repair. Uhg! Thank you for your time.

:)

LindaDressler, Jul 16, 2018

2. Videos play in 'black and white' while my laptop is plugged in

It only happens when my laptop is plugged in. When I run on the battery, everything is fine.

At first, it was only happening to YouTube videos, playing through Microsoft Edge. I started watching in another internet browser (Google Chrome), and it worked fine and still does. The issue is that it also plays my videos in black and white in the Window's
    Media Player, or any program that plays videos. Its really annoying.

Sometimes it's not necessarily in "black and white," it's almost as if the colour saturation is just really low. Like there'll be faded hints of blue and green.

Any help would be appreciated.

Caroline Rose Martin, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Black and white video screen

When I play my videos through youtube or vimeo, it plays in black and white - or with saturation really low with some light reds or blues peeking through. Watching videos through my Netflix is fine, with the colors intact. What is happening?

DameonWilliams, Jul 16, 2018
  4. jcd4 Win User

Videos only playing in black and white.

video playback becomes black and white

my windows version is the 1803 and my video files when played are all black and white. Driver update says latest version is already installed. One time i thought a program was causing it since when i closed it the video turned normal now it's gone permanently
    black and white. I also tried them in windows media player same problem black and white result.

Thema:

Videos only playing in black and white.

1. Videos only playing in black and white. - Similar Threads - Videos playing black

2. learn.microsoft.com videos play with white screen no video only audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    learn.microsoft.com videos play with white screen no video only audio: Hi In Chrome browser when I play an embedded video from learn.microsoft.com I get a white screen no video only audioBefore clicking play:After clicking play:...
  3. learn.microsoft.com videos play with white screen no video only audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    learn.microsoft.com videos play with white screen no video only audio: Hi In Chrome browser when I play an embedded video from learn.microsoft.com I get a white screen no video only audioBefore clicking play:After clicking play:...
  4. video playback only in black/white

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video playback only in black/white: All video playback, from Youtube to zoom to PPT files, originally recorded in color, now only replay in B/W. This just seems to occur in the last week or so of the new year 2021. I'm using Windows 10 ver 1.4.9200.22589, HP ENVY 360 laptop....
  5. Video clips only come up in black and white.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video clips only come up in black and white.: When I see an image on my laptop, it is in color. When I click on the image to see the video clip, all I get is the clip in black and white. How do I solve this problem?...
  6. video's are playing in black and white.

in Windows 10 Customization
    video's are playing in black and white.: My video's are playing in black and white....please help fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-playing-in-black-and-white/1544da19-31b3-4152-8d1b-ad48ab0ab95e
  7. Video playing in black and white AND zoomed in...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video playing in black and white AND zoomed in...: So today (10/11/18) I went to go watch something I have saved one my laptop but I found it playing in black and white. Well, tried a few different things and the video started to play zoomed in on a specific area of the video. So I did some more searching, checked to make...
  8. videos play in black and white

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    videos play in black and white: I have Windows 10 and when I play a CNN video and other videos, they play in black and white. When I disconnect the power cord, they play in color. Any ideas?...
  9. display all videos play in black and white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    display all videos play in black and white: how do I get my color back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/display-all-videos-play-in-black-and-white/40b1e819-df2f-48a4-85d8-193b4b6031c1
  10. Videos in black and white

in Windows 10 Customization
    Videos in black and white: All of a sudden my videos and movies on my computer are playing in black and white. I messed with some of the setting and now i can see some greens and blues in the video but everything else is still black and white. What is wrong with it? How can I fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video only playing in black and white

2. videos play in black and white no color

3. Videos are playing in black and white