Windows 10: Videos Won't Play Unless HDMI Speaker Setting??

Discus and support Videos Won't Play Unless HDMI Speaker Setting?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an older computer as back up and rarely use. But I was wondering if someone could help? Basically, I have a monitor set up via HDMI and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gelbs, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Gelbs Win User

Videos Won't Play Unless HDMI Speaker Setting??

I have an older computer as back up and rarely use. But I was wondering if someone could help?

Basically, I have a monitor set up via HDMI and an old AMD 5860 graphics card. And no videos on YouTube or Sports apps will play. They constantly come up with an error and either stop straight away, or not play period. I thought it was an AMD issue and reinstalled a beta driver and it worked and no sound. That's because HDMI was selected for my default sound when I use an Audigy card after the driver install. However, when I changed back to my Audigy the videos no longer play again and come up with an error! Any idea how to get them to play using my Audigy soundcard setting? Don't understand why the videos don't play just because I haven't selected the HDMI playback option. My newer computer works both ways. With HDMI going into TV, and normal sound card and speakers.

:)

Gelbs, Apr 9, 2018
  2. Dreamerm6 Win User

HDMI simultaneous audio output

Hi, yes I had a look at the video, but that is if you need to play pc speakers and HDMI, I need it to activate 2 x hdmi, not speakers and HDMI.. Videos Won't Play Unless HDMI Speaker Setting?? :(

Dreamerm6, Apr 9, 2018
  3. USB only speakers!

Win 10 not recognizing my USB only speakers (NOT on list of Playback devices); I have a universal 3.5mm port that outputs audio just fine (headphones), I get video & audio output via HDMI port as primary, only laptop speakers play when primary HDMI not
    used, do I have to have USB + 3.5mm speakers and USB only speakers won't work?

randygobell, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

Videos Won't Play Unless HDMI Speaker Setting??

1. Videos Won't Play Unless HDMI Speaker Setting?? - Similar Threads - Videos Won't Play

2. audio and videos won't play and function unless earphones are plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio and videos won't play and function unless earphones are plugged: So this happens when my earphones are not plugged:I can't play music and when I play videos, it gets laggy and it stops playing. But when I plugged in my earphones, it functions well. A while ago, the Xbox screen recording idk what you call that suddenly popped open. I...
  3. Volume won't change unless video is playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume won't change unless video is playing: when changing the volume of sound using the windows taskbar or by using the volume changer on my headphones it visually changes, but until a video is played the volume will stay the same. I've tried searching around for answers but I haven't been able to find any related...
  4. Browsers Won't Play Video

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers Won't Play Video: A Dell Optiplex 760 with 4GB of RAM (Acer AX1430G-UW30P), AMD E-450 APU processor. Tower was recently upgraded to W10 from W7. It currently has Chrome (default), Firefox and Edge. Subscribed to MrFood.com to receive recipes. Most of the recipes have an accompanying 2 minute...
  5. HP Envy won't load videos or play audio unless connected to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Envy won't load videos or play audio unless connected to a wireless display: HP Envy 15M-EE0023DX. Windows 10 Home version 1909. This all started yesterday after I applied a windows update. If I try to play a Youtube video on Google Chrome or on Microsoft Edge I get an endless cycle of loading. When I connect to my TV the videos load up right away...
  6. HDMI won't play sound.

HDMI won't play sound.: I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound...
  7. HDMI won't play sound.

HDMI won't play sound.: I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound...
  8. Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch

Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch: I have two screens, one LCD and one HDMI TV screen. They are setup to as an extended large screen, so I can move my video player from one to the other by the mouse. I would like to set up, so that when I play video one the LCD screen, the sound played from the speaker, and...
  9. Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch

in Windows 10 Support
    Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch: I have two screens, one LCD and one HDMI TV screen. They are setup to as an extended large screen, so I can move my video player from one to the other by the mouse. I would like to set up, so that when I play video one the LCD screen, the sound played from the speaker, and...
  10. Video's won't play

Video's won't play: After Windows 10 upgrade I can't play video's now. There seems to be some type of conflict with Google. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-wont-play/4c3b181a-3f60-4b54-ba09-506eeb796575