Windows 10: view add remote windows users in file and folders security settings

Discus and support view add remote windows users in file and folders security settings in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I have a computer on a widows network which hosts some folders and files for other computers on the network. I have that host's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by amomen, Jul 31, 2018.

1. amomen Win User

view add remote windows users in file and folders security settings

Hello everybody,

I have a computer on a widows network which hosts some folders and files for other computers on the network. I have that host's admin user name and password and can modify the permissions of the users that are currently in permission list remotely. The problem for me is that in security window i do not have access on the existing users on the host and cannot add or remove them from the list. I appreciate your help.

:)

amomen, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile view add remote windows users in file and folders security settings :)

Frogger, Jul 31, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows 7—global file security settings?

I wish it were that easy. I've tried that already. For example... I wanted to share something in my program files folder, but when I tried to apply the security policy to drive c:, it said access was denied to the program files folder, so it didn't apply the settings to the folder that was in the program files folder...

4. Lazzer408 Win User

Windows folder security.

Is there a way to disable ALL windows security on folders? I'm using Windows 7 and trying to replace some system files that may be currupt and I get the "You need permission..." bitching from Windows. I know I can take ownership of the folder through the security tab but it's getting REALLY old having to do this for each and every file and folder I'm trying to overwrite. *Bang Head :banghead:

I'm the administrator for christ sake. If I want to open my drive and take a crap in it, do I need permission from Microsoft?

Lazzer408, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. view add remote windows users in file and folders security settings - Similar Threads - view add remote

2. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  3. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file view vs folder view: I want to change the photo default to large icons NOT FOLDER/SUBFOLDER VIEW windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-view-vs-folder-view/61f48573-9b41-4f95-9432-d17387f5eaba
  4. file view vs folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  6. Add users for Remote Desktop

Add users for Remote Desktop: Hi All,This may seem like a simple question but I cannot find an answer after much searching. I want to set up Remote Desktop to access a computer let's call it computer2 over the internet from my home computer computer1. Both computers are running Windows 10 Pro. I...
  7. Config File to Enforce View Settings of a Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Config File to Enforce View Settings of a Folder: Hi all Can a configuration file (like .ini) be kept inside a folder to enforce the following settings of a folder: The Folder View (Including the default options or custom zoom levels between default options) Sort by settings (The actual order as well as...
  8. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  9. Add 'File Type' permanently to my folder view

Add 'File Type' permanently to my folder view: Hi, Every time I open a music folder I have to right click on the columns and select file type as I wish to see if they are flac, mp3 or m4a files. How do I set it to permanently display this for all the folders? Many thanks. 74263
  10. Add or Remove Remote Desktop Users in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Remote Desktop Users in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Remote Desktop Users in Windows How to Add or Remove Remote Desktop Users in Windows You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows PC from a remote device. When you allow remote desktop connections to...