Windows 10: View App Permissions in Windows 10

Discus and support View App Permissions in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: View App Permissions in Windows 10 How to View App Permissions in Windows 10 Some apps or games in Microsoft Store are designed to take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

View App Permissions in Windows 10

How to: View App Permissions in Windows 10

How to View App Permissions in Windows 10

Some apps or games in Microsoft Store are designed to take advantage of specific hardware or software capabilities on your Windows device. A photo app might need to use your phone's camera, or a restaurant guide might use your location to recommend nearby places.

In Windows 10, you could use the Privacy page in Settings to use a list of app permissions to toggle on or off access for every app. This can be inconvenient when you only want to turn on or off permissions for a specific app instead of having to open the privacy setting for each and every permission to turn on or off access for the app.

Starting in Windows 10 build 17063, Microsoft has made it easy to view all permissions an app has asked for in one location, along with an easy way to toggle the permissions on or off for the app.

This tutorial will show you how to quickly view all app permissions for an app and turn them on or off in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To View App Permissions from Start Menu
    1. Open the Start menu *Start.

2. Right click or press and hold on the icon of an app (ex: "Skype") anywhere in the Start menu you want to view its permissions, click/tap on More, and click/tap on App settings. (see screenshot below)

View App Permissions in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. You will now see all of the app permissions that you can turn on or off for this app if wanted. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To View App Permissions from Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Apps icon.

2. Click/tap on an app (ex: "Skype") on the right side you want to view its permissions, and click/tap on the Advanced options link. (see screenshot below)

3. You will now see all of the app permissions that you can turn on or off for this app if wanted. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 28, 2017
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Oct 26, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Yaqub K Win User
    Windows "Photo" App. Why When Viewing a Slideshow Will Only Some Pictures in the Selected Folder Be in View?

Hi,

I suggest run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Nikhar_K Win User
    App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. View App Permissions in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - View App Permissions

2. Dont have permission to view files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont have permission to view files: I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have permission. I do not have an external Antivirus and share files with my other 2 computers with onedrive...
  3. Dont have permission to view files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dont have permission to view files: I have these files that are locked and shouldnt be. All of my accounts have access to view them but I constantly get an error that I do not have permission. I do not have an external Antivirus and share files with my other 2 computers with onedrive...
  4. Permission needed to view photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission needed to view photos: Anytime I try to open a photo from files, it says "Class not registered", and anytime I try to view a photo in the Photos app, it says I don't have permission to view it even though it is my photo. I've tried giving the file Full Permissions, I've tried doing a clean boot,...
  5. Windows 10 no app permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 no app permission: I am writing this on my Windows 7 computer. My Windows 10 computer is a Dell XPS 8920. The following refers to the Dell XPS 8920. All current Windows Updates have been allowed on that machine. Yesterday (10 Dec 2020) when I tried to start Word 2016, I got the error message:...
  6. No Permission to View Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Permission to View Files: I have transferred files from my old windows 10 desktop to a flash drive for storage. jpg, word, excel, png, etc. I have gotten rid of that old desktop and am trying to open the files on my new windows 10 laptop. When I double click to open the file, it will give me an empty...
  7. How to get Permission to view pictures in Photo app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get Permission to view pictures in Photo app: HELP, I am at my wits end, have had a problem with my Lenova , reset, now unable to see SOME pictures in my Photo file, they are greyed out with a message, saying I dont have permission to view these pictures. Help please...
  8. OneDrive: Image viewing permission error.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive: Image viewing permission error.: A bunch of my images in my Onedrive are not allowing me to view. I am also unable to change access permissions via windows explorer. Any ideas how I can get access to my photos without having to manually download & replacing them all? [IMG] Changing permissions in Windows...
  9. Need permission to view jpg files on flash drive with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need permission to view jpg files on flash drive with Windows 10: I have a user who has a brand new Windows 10 computer. She brought pictures in from home on a flash drive and when she tries to view the pictures (jpg), she is getting a message that says "it looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and...
  10. App permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App permissions: Can I give a specific app permission to make changes to my computer without asking my permission every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/app-permissions/dbce68ba-bbb8-4487-baeb-cc89b3e48527"