Windows 10: View Layout Icons

Discus and support View Layout Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the lower right corner of the File Explorer there are two icons that have something to do with View Layout: 'Detail' and 'Large Icons'. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by martian, Sep 18, 2016.

1. martian Win User

View Layout Icons

In the lower right corner of the File Explorer
    there are two icons that have something to do
    with View Layout: 'Detail' and 'Large Icons'.

I would like to:
    1. Add the 'List' view because this is the type I
    often use, or:
    2. Replace the 'Large Icon' with 'List'.

How do I do it?

:)

martian, Sep 18, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

No thumbnail pics on folders.

On the View Ribbon at the top of Windows Explorer, select Large Icons or Extra Large Icons as the Layout.

Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Sep 18, 2016
  3. Explorer Preview

Did you choose Large icons under View tab in the Layout group?

Andre Da Costa, Sep 18, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

View Layout Icons

To do what you wish, you would have to modify a couple system files, (but I can't remember which ones!) *Redface, risky endeavor though!

Your alternatives:

- right click inside the folder, hover on View, choose List

- with mouse focus inside the folder press Ctrl+Shift+5

- try "Old/New Explorer" with a menu of all 8 options in the upper right command bar.

Edwin, Sep 18, 2016
Thema:

View Layout Icons

1. View Layout Icons - Similar Threads - View Layout Icons

2. View In Large Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View In Large Icons: In Windows 10 Is There A Way To View Every Folder And Everything In That Folder In My Computer In Large Icons Instead Of Changing It One By One ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/view-in-large-icons/ae443334-7b6f-4db4-93b4-e1edd3f330a5
  3. Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?: Whenever I change the view layout to list and detail the folder icon change to closed folder like this one Is there a way to always display the folder icon as open folder ? like this one Thank you in advanced....
  4. Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?: Whenever I change the view layout to list and detail the folder icon change to closed folder like this one Is there a way to always display the folder icon as open folder ? like this one Thank you in advanced....
  5. Is there a way to display folder icon as open folder set the view layout to list ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Icon & Font Layout in File Explorer Medium View is broken

Icon & Font Layout in File Explorer Medium View is broken: Just reformatted my laptop. Clean install with the latest version of Windows. Carried out all updates and noticed that the spacing with the font isn't right. I asked a few friends online and some have this issue, some don't. I also have a Surface Pro where the issue isn't...
  7. Change to taskbar icon layout

Change to taskbar icon layout: Just today the icons on the taskbar have changed. When a item pinned to the task bar is opened, the name of that item now shows beside the icon, therefore occupying more space on the taskbar. if multiple folder windows are opened, each individual folder shows on the task...
  8. Keyboard Layout icon

Keyboard Layout icon: How do I change the icon displayed in the language bar for different keyboard layouts (in Windows 10)? If, for example, I switch from QWERTY to Dvorak, both are English and display the exact same icon, so there's no way to tell the difference before you start typing. In...
  9. Icons Layout Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Icons Layout Backup: Hi! I wonder if there is a way or a program that allows to save the desktop icons positions and layout. I don't mean that I have an issue with icons not preserving their position after a reboot, I mean I would like to have a backup in order to restore my layout quickly, for...
  10. View icons

in Windows 10 Support
    View icons: Windows 10, Kaspersky, Excel and Word 2016, Fastone Image Viewer used often. I very seldom want to view files or photos in List form or anything other than Medium or Large Icons. As soon as I turn my back this Windows 10 seems to want to return me to List; not always, but...