Windows 10: View Poll Results: Best Windows OS

Discus and support View Poll Results: Best Windows OS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What is your favorite version of Windows? Mine has to be Windows 7. 1349 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Superluigi6, Nov 1, 2013.

1. View Poll Results: Best Windows OS

What is your favorite version of Windows? Mine has to be Windows 7.

:)

Superluigi6, Nov 1, 2013

2. Sign the petition?!

so karim, will we see Nokia act on the results or was the poll just posted for a bit of fun to gauge everyones view on this subject?

i mentioned earlier that Series 60 version 3, feature release 1 has the ability to have the F/W updated by the user so will we see this option included in future handsets? even if only a small number of people wanted to do this by themselves, it would still
    save nokia time and money?

Hi Rich!

This poll isnt just a bit of fun, I was hoping to stimulate a bit of discussion on the subject. The results from the poll are interesting, it is not the landslide that many people who visit here were expecting. With on %59 of people actively seeking firmware
    updates this still leaves a large group of owners who would require some assistance on updating their firmware, with two days to go the results could change either way. And again, this only gauges the opinion of people who visit these discussion boards - there
    will be many many Nokia owners who have not read this post.

But, this poll isnt the official Nokia standpoint of firmware installation. The poll and this thread are what you, the users think and feel.

Carry on and make posts here to discuss this, and feel free to make a vote. The poll will close on Friday afternoon. I will collate the results and put them in this thread for further discussion.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, Nov 1, 2013
  3. d0gknees Win User
    A poll of Windows OS users

You don't seem to be reading what I write. This is a discussion thread rather than a question.

I have never accidently set things to black on black, but I have seen others do it. I've also done it to my friends in the past as a prank. Usually someone who claims to know everything about their PC. I also learned how to get a useful theme back without
    being able to see the screen so I could fix it later.

I don't know what you have against shareware. Back in the 90's it was generally pretty safe, the malware industry wasn't such an issue back then. These days I use well known shareware/open source software like GIMP, and commercial for those things I can't
    get a good free application for.

I'm not asking for assistance here, not sure why you would think that. My original comment about black on black states that it's something that a fully skinnable interface would allow people to do, and that most would not be able to get back to where they
    were if they did so. I didn't say I have the problem. Similarly with my other comments. These are things I've seen people do over the years, not necessarily problems I've faced.

You call me a MS appologist. I'm simply stating what I have experienced and seen others do over the last however many years. Up until 12 months ago I have never needed to re-install an OS. Windows has worked reliably for me over the years, so I state that.
    My last PC ran XP. It booted to the desktop in 25 seconds right up until I retired it after 5 years use. Again, that is my experience not a generic statement that everyone has the same experience.

d0gknees, Nov 1, 2013
  4. View Poll Results: Best Windows OS

I can't really vote as starting with Windows 98 I've enjoyed using all of them and never having any real problems with any of them makes it difficult to name just one.

Joan Archer, Nov 2, 2013
  5. Windows 7 has been the easiest to learn and the most trouble free OS I have used, Although with the arrival of Win 8 and the store there is always something new that can be added.

IownAmoneyPit, Nov 2, 2013
  6. A Guy Win User
    So far, it's Windows 7 *Wink

A Guy, Nov 2, 2013
  7. pebbly Win User
    Well I really have to say I love Win 8.1 ,It's very stable and I find it very easy to navigate I really wish I had a good computer to use it on :arghh:

pebbly, Nov 2, 2013
  8. bigseb Win User

View Poll Results: Best Windows OS

I ticked Windows 7. Was never really taken by the whole Windows 8 craze. Keen to see what 9 will bring though...

bigseb, Nov 2, 2013
  9. Tony K Win User
    I voted 8. I'm wondering why 8.1 wasn't included in the roster. Huge fan of it.

Tony K, Nov 3, 2013
  10. Kari Win User
    +1.

Didn't vote as my favorite 8.1 is missing.

11. bigseb Win User
    I know this may seem a silly question to you guys but what's the difference between 8 and 8.1? Service pack?

bigseb, Nov 4, 2013
  12. Stephanie Win User
    I did like XP but up to now it has to be Windows 7 and Im hoping Windows 9 may become a favourite *Smile

Stephanie, Nov 5, 2013
  13. Tony K Win User

It is considered a new edition. It had major changes in the kernel. More choices of configuration as well.

Tony K, Nov 5, 2013
  14. Britton30 Win User
    If I remember right, Longhorn was a pre-release code name for Vista.

Britton30, Nov 5, 2013
  15. bigseb Win User
    Yes, it was.

bigseb, Nov 6, 2013
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Best Windows OS - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Of these options, qhich do you like best?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    View Poll Results: Of these options, qhich do you like best?: God HELP ME-Windows update #1909 Windows 10 Home 64 (Version 1809) Has failed after 14 MONTHS to either install correctly or whatever but I don't know what to do anymore. I've also followed many of those YouTube "Method 1...3..4..5.6.." videos and none work... I'm using a...
  3. View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?: How many of you uses the hidden admin as daily use? 148876
  4. View Poll Results: Percentage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Percentage: I trust it fully never failed me. I even used it to recover an installed program I uninstalled as it was quicker just to run the image restore then having to reconfigure the program. 115847
  5. View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?: [img] Here's a fragment of a Windows 10 Windows update log - generated in Powershell by the Get-WindowsUpdateLog, and the full file zipped as an attatchment. It can take several minutes to process on a slower machine, and the repeated (sometimes once, sometimes twice)...
  6. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  7. View Poll Results: Staying with Windows 10 or not?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Staying with Windows 10 or not?: Will you stay with 10? Or will/have you reverted to Windows 7/8? 19701
  8. View Poll Results: Is windows 10 worth it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    View Poll Results: Is windows 10 worth it?: When I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, it worked fine for the next few hours then i couldnt acess the log in screen it was just stuck on the slider and then it flickers. tried to trouble shoot, system restore, clean installed (using the restart 3 time to trigger...
  9. View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

in Windows 10 News
    View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?: In our tests of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera, the worst web browser for Windows 10 was easy to spot: Internet Explorer 11. But the best choice? That depends. On earlier versions of Windows, the best browser you can run today is clearly Google Chrome. But, what about...
  10. View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?: Without going into a rant about how buggy v1709 had been, I just decided I had to roll back and install 1703. I decided to defer the upgrade to a year. Don't care, I will not install 1709 until they fix some of the issues I had been facing. So my question is and this...