Windows 10: View Poll Results: Choose your favourite music player

Discus and support View Poll Results: Choose your favourite music player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Clementine for me, mainly cause it always works when WMP tends to freeze. WMP would be a close second though. 1394 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bigseb, Dec 3, 2013.

1. bigseb Win User

View Poll Results: Choose your favourite music player

Clementine for me, mainly cause it always works when WMP tends to freeze. WMP would be a close second though.

:)

bigseb, Dec 3, 2013
  2. Entegy Win User

is there a way to hide photo albums on windows phone 8

Set pictures as favourites and the Live Tile will use just the favourites instead.

When viewing a picture, tap the ... in the bottom right of the screen and choose "mark as favorite"

Entegy, Dec 3, 2013
  3. How can I assign a media player to autoplay CDs?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps

Under Music Player, choose Music Player

Choose Winamp if its listed.

Click Video player, choose your choose your desired DVD player.

Go back Home, then click Devices > AutoPlay

Choose the default for your Remove drive.

If you need more expanded options, press Windows key + R

Type Control

Hit Enter

Open AutoPlay then choose the default actions.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 3, 2013
  4. View Poll Results: Choose your favourite music player

Winamp all the way*Biggrin
    But that's only because I resent ITunes and my music tracking program (last.fm) won't run on anything else.

Oh, I also use Spotify and Youtube to stream music that I don't have.

Nommy

nommy the first, Dec 4, 2013
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    iTunes. Been using it on OS X and Windows (all flavors) since it was first put out with OS X 10.1. for me I really see no reason for anything else. . .just fits my needs.
    BTW who choose the colors for polls hugh hard to read have to highlight them to see the choices.

6. Not on the list VLC the best plays everything without the need of codecs. Video and Audio. -WS

WindowsStar, Dec 5, 2013
  7. I have used Itunes in the past but was not impressed with the newer versions. Now I use MusicBee which will still sync to my Ipod although it is a lot slower.

Also this player is free with no strings attached so you don't have to upgrade to the pro version for full functionality, free plug-ins can be added to play/encode formats not included, skins can be changed and there are nice tagging features.

IownAmoneyPit, Dec 6, 2013
  8. LittleJay Win User

Still using WMP, as I have a lot of playlists and I'm too lazy to redo them for another media player. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Dec 6, 2013
  9. Honesty *Smile

WindowsStar, Dec 8, 2013
  10. Wenda Win User
    Also not on the list... K-Lite Codec Pack with player.

So I voted for WMP. Add the K-lite codecs, and there's almost nothing it won't play.

Wenda, Dec 8, 2013
  11. LittleJay Win User
    Many years ago, my dad taught me that honesty is always the best policy. *Biggrin

LittleJay, Dec 8, 2013
  12. bigseb Win User
    Nobody else here use Clementine?

bigseb, Dec 8, 2013
  13. View Poll Results: Choose your favourite music player

Wenda, I like the K-Lite Codecs too and when you need to play something odd they are about the best. However I have found Windows 7, 8, 8.1 will play a lot of common video and audio formats add VLC and you have the leftover formats like .MKV and MP4 files just to name two. With VLC you can play most of the common stuff out there without the need to install a whole codec pack. I guess I am doing the "less is more" now-a-days. *Smile

WindowsStar, Dec 9, 2013
  14. bigseb Win User
    Me too. As far as possible I try to use the bundled software.

bigseb, Dec 9, 2013
  15. archer Win User
    For me it has to be VLC. It is not on the list. So, my second best will be Winamp.

archer, Dec 11, 2013
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Choose your favourite music player - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?: How many of you uses the hidden admin as daily use? 148876
  3. View Poll Results: Percentage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Percentage: I trust it fully never failed me. I even used it to recover an installed program I uninstalled as it was quicker just to run the image restore then having to reconfigure the program. 115847
  4. View Poll Results: Which DPI size is your monitor running on?

in Windows 10 Customization
    View Poll Results: Which DPI size is your monitor running on?: In other words, how sharp / big the monitor seems to be set. Most of us run on default 100% DPI but in some cases, usually big resolutions above 1080p, 4K, Mac Retina, Surface 4, high-end monitors, can use a higher DPI value, otherwise we end up with difficult to read tiny...
  5. View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive: I am at odds concerning OneDrive. On one hand I think it is unneeded especially since I do not use a lot of disk space. On the other hand if it is very beneficial I would be inclined to keep and use OneDrive more. OneDrive Poll 74813
  6. View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?: [img] Here's a fragment of a Windows 10 Windows update log - generated in Powershell by the Get-WindowsUpdateLog, and the full file zipped as an attatchment. It can take several minutes to process on a slower machine, and the repeated (sometimes once, sometimes twice)...
  7. View Poll Results: Which option would you choose?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    View Poll Results: Which option would you choose?: Now that my free 200 GB OneDrive offer is ending I have to decide between base, 50GB, Office 365 Home or alternative sync storage. Any guidance would be appreciated. I have desktop+laptop Windows computers. Same @live.com e-mail for all. Other local users for networking....
  8. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  9. View Poll Results: Does the issue occur on your end ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    View Poll Results: Does the issue occur on your end ?: Good morning, I've been using Windows 10 for 4 days now and I've noticed that every now and then, the minimize and maximize animations are kinda sluggish, one can clearly notice the low fps of the animations that occur from time to time ( not 100% repro ) It's not tied...
  10. View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?: Without going into a rant about how buggy v1709 had been, I just decided I had to roll back and install 1703. I decided to defer the upgrade to a year. Don't care, I will not install 1709 until they fix some of the issues I had been facing. So my question is and this...