Windows 10: View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?

Discus and support View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After reading the linked ZDNet article, please vote your choice. https://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-...ectre-patches/ According to ZDNet’s article,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wynona, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Wynona Win User

View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?

After reading the linked ZDNet article, please vote your choice.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-...ectre-patches/

According to ZDNet’s article, a new clause within Intel’s software license agreement is what seems to be a move to legally gag developers from revealing performance degradation by its mitigations for Spectre and Foreshadow:

The chip maker argued when it disclosed L1FT that "there has been no meaningful performance impact observed as a result of mitigations applied" to PCs or datacenter equipment. (bolding and color added)

If this is so, why then, is the new clause included in Intel’s license?

3. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS…
    Unless expressly permitted under the Agreement, You will not, and will not allow any third party to(i)use, copy, distribute, sell or offer to sell the Software or associated documentation; (ii) modify, adapt, enhance, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, change or create derivative works from the Software except and only to the extent as specifically required by mandatory applicable laws or any applicable third party license terms accompanying the Software; (iii) use or make the Software available for the use or benefit of third parties; or (iv) use the Software on Your products other than those that include the Intel hardware product(s), platform(s), or software identified in the Software; or (v) publish or provide any Software benchmark or comparison test results… (bolding and color added)

:)

Wynona, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Tony K Win User

View Poll Results: Best Windows OS

It looks as though the original bar graph carried over, but the member list is being renewed as people revote as a result of changing the forum software. Perhaps start all over?

Tony K, Aug 23, 2018
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 23, 2018
  4. View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?

View Poll Results: Install / update choices

I originally thought about a multiple choice poll for people with multiple machines. Decided that might skew the results - so I went with a single "main machine" poll.

I just looked and the forum won't let you change from a single vote to multi-vote.

If people have more than one machine, they can post the multiple machine information as you did.

Slartybart, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?

1. View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  4. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  5. View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?: I'm thinking that Spartan will fix the major complaints I have with Internet Explorer and so I intend to switch over from Firefox. 3812
  6. View Poll Results: Do you install third party drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Do you install third party drivers?: I am curious as to how many of you install third party drivers such as motherboard, graphics card and others or just leave that up to Windows. 58399
  7. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  8. View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?: I thought it would be interesting to know what people prefer (Desktop users, not tablet): Native Windows 10 Start menu Classic Shell Start 10 (by Stardock) Native Start screen Any other solution (post Please keep in mind that this poll is for Windows 10, not for any...
  9. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602
  10. View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

in Windows 10 News
    View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?: In our tests of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera, the worst web browser for Windows 10 was easy to spot: Internet Explorer 11. But the best choice? That depends. On earlier versions of Windows, the best browser you can run today is clearly Google Chrome. But, what about...