Windows 10: View Poll Results: Do you have problems with Windows 10's networking

Discus and support View Poll Results: Do you have problems with Windows 10's networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Any ideas? Just take a quick look around online and you'll find huge numbers of people suffering with Windows 10 installs that absolutely refuse to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Galane, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Galane Win User

View Poll Results: Do you have problems with Windows 10's networking

Any ideas? Just take a quick look around online and you'll find huge numbers of people suffering with Windows 10 installs that absolutely refuse to stay properly connected to WiFi, constantly dropping to "limited", and nearly as many also having the same problem with wired connections.

I have the problem with both on my laptop, made in 2008. I can't swap out the wired Ethernet but I can change the Mini PCIe WiFi card. I've been given several junk laptops, will be having a look at their WiFi cards to see if any have manufacturer support for Windows 10. The one in my laptop has no support after Windows 7, other than Microsoft's buggy built in support.

How about everyone who goes to Microsoft's next big show-off event chant together "Fix 10's networking now!" over and over?

:)

Galane, Jul 13, 2016

2. POLL!! have much ram do you have N95!!

the problem is that i always close my apps when i finish using them. at the end of the day if i check my RAM with no running apps sometimes its as low as 6mb and i have to remove battery to get my RAM back

kazicameron, Jul 13, 2016
  3. POLL!! have much ram do you have N95!!

i have 18mb after taking battery out and turning phone on. this decreases during the day firmware 12
    Message Edited by on 27-Jul-200710:38 AM

kazicameron, Jul 13, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Many of these issues are due to incompatible drivers which were not written by Microsoft.

LMiller7, Jul 13, 2016
  5. Galane Win User
    I have the problem with Microsoft's driver for the WiFi card in my laptop. Finally found that by disabling Ethernet, Bluetooth and unchecking Connect Automatically for all the WiFi connections it's found which aren't mine - it is apparently forced into doing what it should do - connect to what the user tells it to connect to *and stay connected* until the user tells it to disconnect.

WiFi and other connections that require a password *should not have* Connect Automatically checked by default. Microsoft has implemented an automatic system for this which is very buggy. It should have a *single switch* somewhere to shut it all off so it will work like in previous Windows versions. Then if the user experiences these problems, ending them would be possible with just a click.

I've been using and working on and fixing computers since 1983. This networking problem is just the latest in a long line of "better ideas" I've encountered that would have been better off never being sent out with production software.

Galane, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Do you have problems with Windows 10's networking - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?: After reading the linked ZDNet article, please vote your choice. https://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-...ectre-patches/ According to ZDNet’s article, a new clause within Intel’s software license agreement is what seems to be a move to legally gag developers from revealing...
  4. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  5. View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Which web browser(s) do you use ?: Hello all, I want to know which browsers are used by people here. I am much interested in knowing it. I am using the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 11 Opera Spark Browser Torch Browser 1923
  6. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  7. View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?: I'm thinking that Spartan will fix the major complaints I have with Internet Explorer and so I intend to switch over from Firefox. 3812
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: Do you want this feature in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Do you want this feature in Windows 10?: HI there. Is there any way so that I can change the desktop and the window that I was working on will be auto-focused? Please help.*Shock 25421
  10. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602