Windows 10: View Poll Results: Do you want the Charms Bar back?

Discus and support View Poll Results: Do you want the Charms Bar back? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just curious, how many of you would be in favor of bringing the Charms Bar back to Windows 10? -Chuck 4006 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Chuck38 Win User

View Poll Results: Do you want the Charms Bar back?

Just curious, how many of you would be in favor of bringing the Charms Bar back to Windows 10?

-Chuck

:)

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015

2. Sign the petition?!

so karim, will we see Nokia act on the results or was the poll just posted for a bit of fun to gauge everyones view on this subject?

i mentioned earlier that Series 60 version 3, feature release 1 has the ability to have the F/W updated by the user so will we see this option included in future handsets? even if only a small number of people wanted to do this by themselves, it would still
    save nokia time and money?

Hi Rich!

This poll isnt just a bit of fun, I was hoping to stimulate a bit of discussion on the subject. The results from the poll are interesting, it is not the landslide that many people who visit here were expecting. With on %59 of people actively seeking firmware
    updates this still leaves a large group of owners who would require some assistance on updating their firmware, with two days to go the results could change either way. And again, this only gauges the opinion of people who visit these discussion boards - there
    will be many many Nokia owners who have not read this post.

But, this poll isnt the official Nokia standpoint of firmware installation. The poll and this thread are what you, the users think and feel.

Carry on and make posts here to discuss this, and feel free to make a vote. The poll will close on Friday afternoon. I will collate the results and put them in this thread for further discussion.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, Feb 4, 2015
  3. Cortana Browser

When I search things in the Cortana search bar, it shows the results in Internet Explorer. I don't want to view the results in Internet Explorer. How do I change Cortana's Browser?

MONK172839, Feb 4, 2015
  4. Winuser Win User

either way is OK with me. Just give me the options to turn it on and off if they do.

Winuser, Feb 4, 2015
  5. AddRAM Win User
    I found it useless in 8, not needed *Smile

AddRAM, Feb 4, 2015
  6. enoch1138 Win User
    I like the Notification Centre.

But I like the Charms bar too.

Obviously, it'll never come back because of the hysterical response to it.

enoch1138, Feb 4, 2015
  7. Chuck38 Win User
    Actually, type in 'Charms Bar' in the Feedback app and you'll find that quite a bit of people would like it back. However, they would also like the ability to enable it and disable it themselves. Which I can understand. *Smile

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

I remember WinAero releasing 'Charms Bar Killer', now they're probably going to create 'Charms Bar Reviver'! *Wink
    Not sure on the Poll.

Edwin, Feb 4, 2015
  9. Chuck38 Win User
    I don't know how to edit the poll, but I should have put in a 'Maybe'. *Wink

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015
  10. AddRAM Win User
    Keep it the way it is, maybe is not an answer *Smile

AddRAM, Feb 4, 2015
  11. Chuck38 Win User
    Good point! I can't figure out how to change it anyway. View Poll Results: Do you want the Charms Bar back? :p

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015
  12. badrobot Win User
    Can't see the poll (on Lumia 1520 right now) but to me Notification is better. I am sure most people looking for charms bar are using touchscreens.

badrobot, Feb 4, 2015
  13. Chuck38 Win User

I use a normal non-touchscreen monitor and personally, I like to be able to get right to my search and settings quickly. But, that's just me. The notifications just give you notifications, it doesn't have as much as the charms bar has.

Just my opinion. *Wink

Chuck38, Feb 4, 2015
  14. badrobot Win User
    I use a normal non-touchscreen monitor and personally, I like to be able to get right to my search and settings quickly. But, that's just me. The notifications just give you notifications, it doesn't have as much as the charms bar has.

Just my opinion. *Wink The only useful shortcut I use on Charms Bar is Settings. That's why Charms bar didn't matter to me. *Smile If you know your way around an OS, there's really no need to search. For anything outside my brain and PC, I only use Google search. *Smile

badrobot, Feb 4, 2015
  15. Mystere Win User
    I am not certain I have seen any official comments from MS that the charms bar is actually permanently gone. AFAIK it's only been disabled in these early releases. It may still return in "tablet mode" for all we know.

Mystere, Feb 4, 2015
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Do you want the Charms Bar back? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Do you believe Intel is trustworthy?: After reading the linked ZDNet article, please vote your choice. https://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-...ectre-patches/ According to ZDNet’s article, a new clause within Intel’s software license agreement is what seems to be a move to legally gag developers from revealing...
  4. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  5. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  6. View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?: I'm thinking that Spartan will fix the major complaints I have with Internet Explorer and so I intend to switch over from Firefox. 3812
  7. View Poll Results: Do you install third party drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Do you install third party drivers?: I am curious as to how many of you install third party drivers such as motherboard, graphics card and others or just leave that up to Windows. 58399
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: Do you want this feature in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Do you want this feature in Windows 10?: HI there. Is there any way so that I can change the desktop and the window that I was working on will be auto-focused? Please help.*Shock 25421
  10. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602