Windows 10: View Poll Results: Does your volume change when you pause and unpause?

Discus and support View Poll Results: Does your volume change when you pause and unpause? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; What the heck is going on with the volume in Windows 10? Randomly, after unpausing the sound, the sound will be incredibly loud. As soon as I adjust... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bjtebou, Nov 18, 2015.

1. bjtebou Win User

View Poll Results: Does your volume change when you pause and unpause?

What the heck is going on with the volume in Windows 10? Randomly, after unpausing the sound, the sound will be incredibly loud. As soon as I adjust the volume (even just pressing the sound increase or decrease button once) the sound volume goes back to being as loud as it should be. It is extremely frustrating when I pause and unpause and then cant hear because I am now deaf. Does anyone have a fix for this?

:)

bjtebou, Nov 18, 2015

2. Windows 10 Volume Problem (Volume Randomly Changes)

pausing, waiting a few seconds, and playing again results in a volume change without any real change in the speaker volume meter.

Volume change as in the master volume control???

But sound still same dB. or level

have you checked the playback settings

have you ran sound troubleshooter and fix errors

seahawks65, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Pyrdennis Win User
    Windows 10 Volume Problem (Volume Randomly Changes)

There appears to be a problem with the sound. I've seen information about this problem in other discussions as well but I did not get much help.

Probably it's a driver (Realtek supposedly) problem with Windows 10 that causes this issue, that is, playing a video anywhere (Youtube, Groove Music, local file, etc.), pausing, waiting a few seconds, and playing again
    results in a volume change without any real change in the speaker volume meter.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I appreciate your help.

Pyrdennis, Nov 18, 2015
  4. sickSVT Win User

Same here, seems to be an issue with the Realtek Audio Driver. It's super annoying, I've been trying to find a fix for the past month with no luck. *Mad

sickSVT, Nov 18, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Has been asked in another thread. The solution is to uninstall the audio driver, restart and reinstall it again. Prefer installing the latest Realtek driver directly from Realtek's site. Do not rely on Windows Update!

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Does your volume change when you pause and unpause? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  4. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  5. View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive: I am at odds concerning OneDrive. On one hand I think it is unneeded especially since I do not use a lot of disk space. On the other hand if it is very beneficial I would be inclined to keep and use OneDrive more. OneDrive Poll 74813
  6. View Poll Results: Does 'hey Cortana' work for you?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Does 'hey Cortana' work for you?: I have turned on the slider to activate Cortana to respond to my " Hey, Cortana" but unless I click on the microphone icon she doesn't hear me? I don't think it's a mic problem since t works fine with Cortana otherwise. I've tried other people's suggestions without any...
  7. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  8. View Poll Results: Does the issue occur on your end ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    View Poll Results: Does the issue occur on your end ?: Good morning, I've been using Windows 10 for 4 days now and I've noticed that every now and then, the minimize and maximize animations are kinda sluggish, one can clearly notice the low fps of the animations that occur from time to time ( not 100% repro ) It's not tied...
  9. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  10. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 volume increases on unpause