Windows 10: View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem?

Discus and support View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my desktop PC, ugraded to 10 on Friday morning, been using all weekend no problems. On Monday we had a winter wonderland, was checking snow history... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tasnan49, Aug 4, 2015.

1. tasnan49 Win User

View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem?

On my desktop PC, ugraded to 10 on Friday morning, been using all weekend no problems. On Monday we had a winter wonderland, was checking snow history when electricity went off momentarily. PC shut down. I had perhaps 5 wiindows open at the time.

PC powered back with message that windows had not shut down properly, it would repair, said it couldn't do, and since then will only start , and say restoring your previous version of windows....over and over again.

I got on this laptop,downloaded correct 32 bit version of 10, burnt disk from iso. can boot into that disk no problems. Have run all the recovery options. Reset - no changes made. Repair startup - no can do. Restore previous - cannot do either to 10 or 7. have run out of options. Even attempting the last thing I want to do, Install, does not work.if I choose upgrade option, it tells me to remove installation disk and start nnormally which I cannot do.

Does anyone have any ideas? (and no I didn't do a system copy!)*Mad

:)

tasnan49, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Angel 88 Win User

Has anyone else had profile tiles disappear?

I am upgraded to NoDo...I will try the unlink and relink thing though.

Angel 88, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Has anyone else had profile tiles disappear?

I'm still getting the issue, on my Windows Live account it displays all of the information correctly for the person I have on my live tile.

But on the phone, my live tile contact's first name and her mobile phone number keeps getting removed every 6 hours or so. I'm on a Samsung Focus with a 32 GB SD card.

ParsonsProject93, Aug 4, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

I'm not sure about this. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the computer was installing an update when the PC shut off, but it is usually rolled back automatically. So after Startup Repair did not find anything wrong with the computer (Startup repair usually opens when r computer is abruptly shut down because it believes that something more serious caused the computer to fail, and if it was abruptly shut down, it will not find anything wrong), chose to boot normally, right? But what happened when chose to boot normally? Did receive an error message, and if so, what was it exactly? (sorry, the post was not very clear)

5. tasnan49 Win User
    hi you (clever username) Have not had the usual black screen with boot options, just let it boot up. On blue page screen message that windows had not shut down properly and would try to repair.

tasnan49, Aug 4, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Aug 4, 2015
  7. tasnan49 Win User
    32bit windows was for desktop am having problems with. hdd is fine on that - how would I have anything at all if it had crashed?

tasnan49, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Window 11: On the 17th August I paid £32.95 to renew & upgrade my Ccleaner. But I keep getting the warning shown below. I've emailed their Cstomer Service sic team four times but they've ignored me. I even copied in their CEO but they still ignore me. This is pathetic & disgraceful...
  3. Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Windows 10: On the 17th August I paid £32.95 to renew & upgrade my Ccleaner. But I keep getting the warning shown below. I've emailed their Cstomer Service sic team four times but they've ignored me. I even copied in their CEO but they still ignore me. This is pathetic & disgraceful...
  4. Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone else had problems with Avast? Windows 10: On the 17th August I paid £32.95 to renew & upgrade my Ccleaner. But I keep getting the warning shown below. I've emailed their Cstomer Service sic team four times but they've ignored me. I even copied in their CEO but they still ignore me. This is pathetic & disgraceful...
  5. View Poll Results: Percentage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Percentage: I trust it fully never failed me. I even used it to recover an installed program I uninstalled as it was quicker just to run the image restore then having to reconfigure the program. 115847
  6. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  7. View Poll Results: RMA or Try something else

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: RMA or Try something else: Ok - Here's what I've tried: 3 different SATA cables in 4 different slots (that are confirmed working on the other plugged in drives) Sometimes (sporadically) when I reboot the drive IS read by windows, but fails initialization due to an I/O error Attached...
  8. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  9. View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?: Without going into a rant about how buggy v1709 had been, I just decided I had to roll back and install 1703. I decided to defer the upgrade to a year. Don't care, I will not install 1709 until they fix some of the issues I had been facing. So my question is and this...
  10. View Poll Results: has anyone received this error message in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: has anyone received this error message in Windows 10?: Windows 10 installed an automatic update on my Dell laptop a few days ago. Thereafter, when I tried to refresh my home page at my.yahoo.com using the "Firefox" browser, I received the following error message: The page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has detected that...