Windows 10: View Poll Results: How Did You Install Windows 10?

Discus and support View Poll Results: How Did You Install Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Wondering how many folks here installed Windows 10 by Updating directly from an older OS vs Clean Installing. If you upgraded, how did it go? Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TV2, Jan 19, 2016.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

View Poll Results: How Did You Install Windows 10?

Wondering how many folks here installed Windows 10 by Updating directly from an older OS vs Clean Installing.
    If you upgraded, how did it go?
    Just curious.

:)

2. Sign the petition?!

so karim, will we see Nokia act on the results or was the poll just posted for a bit of fun to gauge everyones view on this subject?

i mentioned earlier that Series 60 version 3, feature release 1 has the ability to have the F/W updated by the user so will we see this option included in future handsets? even if only a small number of people wanted to do this by themselves, it would still
    save nokia time and money?

Hi Rich!

This poll isnt just a bit of fun, I was hoping to stimulate a bit of discussion on the subject. The results from the poll are interesting, it is not the landslide that many people who visit here were expecting. With on %59 of people actively seeking firmware
    updates this still leaves a large group of owners who would require some assistance on updating their firmware, with two days to go the results could change either way. And again, this only gauges the opinion of people who visit these discussion boards - there
    will be many many Nokia owners who have not read this post.

But, this poll isnt the official Nokia standpoint of firmware installation. The poll and this thread are what you, the users think and feel.

Carry on and make posts here to discuss this, and feel free to make a vote. The poll will close on Friday afternoon. I will collate the results and put them in this thread for further discussion.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Sign the petition?!

and talking about the last poll, where did the results go?

i thought someone was going to post them here?

seraphim---01, Jan 19, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

I've done all 3, multiple times so no vote for me.

Ztruker, Jan 19, 2016
  5. -Upgraded from Win 7 Home and it went just fine. Lot of problems with Win 10(never a one with Win 7) but it seems to have settled down with one of the recent updates.

DaveGrant01, Jan 19, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Same here.

NavyLCDR, Jan 19, 2016
  7. I've done three install/upgrades. One from 8.1, and I used an ISO that I burned to DVD, and 2 from 7 Ultimate (right from website). The installs went great, and I love the performance of Windows 10.
    My only problem so far is that I can't get a drive letter assigned to any SATA drive that I externally plug in via USB.
    IDE drives work fine, but cant see SATA. I can see them in device manager, but not in My PC.
    Driving me up a wall, as these are my backup drives.

Jose Davis, Jan 19, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

I would imagine most of us would, initially, have upgraded from 7 or 8 to, at least, qualify for the free upgrade.
    Since then, for me, it's been so many installs, so many different ways, I've lost count.

Edwin, Jan 19, 2016
  9. Stephanie Win User
    I Upgraded from Win 7 pro x64, I did download Win 10 ISO but not used it the upgrade went fine and no probs to date *Smile

Stephanie, Jan 19, 2016
  10. I upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit to Win 10 Pro 64-bit using Win update. I had no issues at all

Atomcrusher, Jan 19, 2016
  11. Upgraded from 8.1

A few minor issues, but reading about the issues other people had done clean installs and it didn't fix the issue so I never clean installed

paulsalter, Jan 19, 2016
  12. Upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and have not done a clean install as everything working 100%
    So all the time working ok then will just leave it as it is

hTconeM9user, Jan 19, 2016
  13. View Poll Results: How Did You Install Windows 10?

Should of included 8.1

hTconeM9user, Jan 19, 2016
  14. brummyfan Win User
    I also have tried both upgrade from 8.1 and clean install, upgrade worked perfectly and didn't bother to do a clean install*Biggrin

brummyfan, Jan 19, 2016
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Upgrade from 8.1 to 10 with zero issues. But I expected it because I was/am a member of the insider program from day one.

BunnyJ, Jan 19, 2016
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: How Did You Install Windows 10? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Did you find How to get the People App "back" useful?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Did you find How to get the People App "back" useful?: Microsoft updated the Mail & Calendar apps last year so that the People app didn't have its own icon in the Start Menu anymore, but you can easily recreate it ... Create a New Shortcut on your desktop by right clicking and then clicking on New / Shortcut in the popup...
  3. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  4. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  5. View Poll Results: Do you install third party drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Do you install third party drivers?: I am curious as to how many of you install third party drivers such as motherboard, graphics card and others or just leave that up to Windows. 58399
  6. View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9: Thought it would be interesting to see how many know whether they will upgrading to the final version of Windows 9 when it's released Then perhaps have a similar post at the end of the year after the beta has been used to see if people have changed there mind *looked...
  7. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  8. View Poll Results: Install / update choices

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Install / update choices: As far as when you'll update to Windows 10, what category do you belong? Early adopter (asap), Early majority (wait a while), or Late majority (wait for the first 'major' update) Will you sign-in with a MS account or a local account? Does your machine meet the...
  9. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602
  10. View Poll Results: How do you plan to use Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: How do you plan to use Windows 10?: How do you plan to use Windows 10? 2002