Windows 10: View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

Discus and support View Poll Results: What are you going to do? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by groze, Jan 20, 2015.

1. groze Win User

View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else.

:)

groze, Jan 20, 2015

2. Sign the petition?!

so karim, will we see Nokia act on the results or was the poll just posted for a bit of fun to gauge everyones view on this subject?

i mentioned earlier that Series 60 version 3, feature release 1 has the ability to have the F/W updated by the user so will we see this option included in future handsets? even if only a small number of people wanted to do this by themselves, it would still
    save nokia time and money?

Hi Rich!

This poll isnt just a bit of fun, I was hoping to stimulate a bit of discussion on the subject. The results from the poll are interesting, it is not the landslide that many people who visit here were expecting. With on %59 of people actively seeking firmware
    updates this still leaves a large group of owners who would require some assistance on updating their firmware, with two days to go the results could change either way. And again, this only gauges the opinion of people who visit these discussion boards - there
    will be many many Nokia owners who have not read this post.

But, this poll isnt the official Nokia standpoint of firmware installation. The poll and this thread are what you, the users think and feel.

Carry on and make posts here to discuss this, and feel free to make a vote. The poll will close on Friday afternoon. I will collate the results and put them in this thread for further discussion.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, Jan 20, 2015
  3. Sign the petition?!

and talking about the last poll, where did the results go?

i thought someone was going to post them here?

seraphim---01, Jan 20, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

The poll says keep W10, not get

5. groze Win User
    I guess it should say keep or get windows 10. Some people are using windows 10 preview as their main system. Maybe a mod can fix that. Thank you mod for moving the thread to General Discussions, I wasn't paying any attention to where I was posting this. We still don't know if Microsoft will let you upgrade from windows 10 preview.

groze, Jan 20, 2015
  6. Rickkins Win User
    Uncertain. Despite everything, for free it may be almost worth it. At this point however, I feel conned, lied to. More than trying to assuage the desktop users, they have opted for sleight of hand, and the promise of gimmicky baubles.

Rickkins, Jan 20, 2015
  7. Dave44 Win User
    windows 10 all the way *Smile

Dave44, Jan 20, 2015
  8. Dude Win User

I voted for W10, it's gonna be great

9. groze Win User
    Rickkins
    I was hoping you would comment, I had trouble loading the event even the replay. Aside from the new browser, what are they going to do to the desktop, start menu and themes? I am still undecided myself. Looks is a big factor for me.

groze, Jan 20, 2015
  10. Rickkins Win User
    I was hoping you would comment, I had trouble loading the event even the replay. Aside from the new browser, what are they going to do to the desktop, start menu and themes? I am still undecided myself. Looks is a big factor for me. In a nutshell, nothing, nothing at all for the desktop. They are pushing more metro nonsense onto the desktop, more metro nonsense into the start menu etc.

The whole damn presentation was metro. I am beyond pissed off. They conned us all the way, and figure giving it away will boost sales.

Rickkins, Jan 20, 2015
  11. Dude Win User
    Rickkins, I'm not understanding. Yes it has metro elements, just like 8 but desktop is in there too. To me it seems you just want it to be win 7 again. I understand that but win 8 offers a lot too. OS's evolve, and with this they are making it work across different areas, like phones and tablets. It still functions as a desktop too.

12. Dude Win User
    *Cool, I've heard that somewhere I'm sure

13. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

The needs of the one do not out way the needs of the many. I'm sure we all know who I'm talking about. *Wink

alphanumeric, Jan 21, 2015
  14. Kari Win User
    Just listing some thoughts about your quoted post above and your posts in general here on Ten Forums:
    • There was nothing "metro", nothing "nonsense" in the presentation we saw today. Microsoft was presenting Windows 10 and its Modern user interface in a very positive, easy to understand and compelling, spellbinding way.
    • They presented an operating system which is easy to use on every device, be it a desktop or laptop computer, a tablet or a mobile phone. An operating system which is not only flexible and innovative, adaptive and easy to use but which also makes the use of your various devices easier and lets you access your games, apps, music and pictures and whatnot on each device regardless where you are.
    • Apart of Modern Start Menu, there's no other Modern UI elements on desktop. It's still there, working and behaving like in previous versions of Windows.
    • Microsoft has absolutely not conned you in any way. You as a user have the right to decide if you would like to use Windows operating systems. Microsoft will not force you to use it.
    • Why should Microsoft listen to reactionary users like you when we all know that whatever changes MS will or would make for your holy desktop you would complain in any case if it was even slightly different than before? Please stay in XP or Seven, the latter will still get critical updates for next five years. Or even better, get a Mac!
    Nobody has forced nor will force you to use Windows 10. Your PC, your choice. The only one conning you seems to be you yourself.

15. BunnyJ New Member
    I totally plan on getting the Win10 update over my Win8.1 as soon as it comes out. I can't wait to see the next build when it comes out.

Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Jan 21, 2015
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: What are you going to do? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using: Hi folks I'm interested in what members are using as their virtualisation software -- doesn't matter what host. Basically : Hyper-V, Virtual Box, Vmware Workstation/player, Esxi, KVM, other e,g parallels, Citrix,XEN etc). Reasons for using would be fine too and what people...
  4. View Poll Results: What Antivirus Are you Using And Why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What Antivirus Are you Using And Why?: Hello everyone, Many people are looking for a suitable antivirus software and I thought this thread might help them a bit. Note: Of course there is nothing called "THE BEST ANTIVIRUS" and it really varies based on kind of usage and many other factors. And this topic is just...
  5. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  6. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  7. View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?: I'm thinking that Spartan will fix the major complaints I have with Internet Explorer and so I intend to switch over from Firefox. 3812
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?: I thought it would be interesting to know what people prefer (Desktop users, not tablet): Native Windows 10 Start menu Classic Shell Start 10 (by Stardock) Native Start screen Any other solution (post Please keep in mind that this poll is for Windows 10, not for any...
  10. View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

in Windows 10 News
    View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?: In our tests of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera, the worst web browser for Windows 10 was easy to spot: Internet Explorer 11. But the best choice? That depends. On earlier versions of Windows, the best browser you can run today is clearly Google Chrome. But, what about...