Windows 10: View Poll Results: What kind of user account do you normally use?

Discus and support View Poll Results: What kind of user account do you normally use? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A few threads recently have reminded me how it is safer to run as a standard user. For example: UAC Bypass Using eventvwr.exe and Registry... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lx07, Apr 14, 2017.

1. lx07 Win User

View Poll Results: What kind of user account do you normally use?

A few threads recently have reminded me how it is safer to run as a standard user. For example:

UAC Bypass Using eventvwr.exe and Registry Hijacking | enigma0x3
    How should I protect my Windows PC from malware and viruses? | Technology | The Guardian

Even though I know this is sensible, I don't. For some reason (habit, convenience, I'm not sure) I generally run as a user that is part of the Administrators group. Perhaps I'll change that now...

Based on this discussion though it seemed it might be interesting to see what others do.

I suppose it really only applies to people running Windows at home where you have a choice but I put in a "Wasn't my decision" option as well in case you only use Windows at work.

As there is a limit in the number of responses for a poll, just the PC you normally use.

:)

2. Sign the petition?!

so karim, will we see Nokia act on the results or was the poll just posted for a bit of fun to gauge everyones view on this subject?

i mentioned earlier that Series 60 version 3, feature release 1 has the ability to have the F/W updated by the user so will we see this option included in future handsets? even if only a small number of people wanted to do this by themselves, it would still
    save nokia time and money?

Hi Rich!

This poll isnt just a bit of fun, I was hoping to stimulate a bit of discussion on the subject. The results from the poll are interesting, it is not the landslide that many people who visit here were expecting. With on %59 of people actively seeking firmware
    updates this still leaves a large group of owners who would require some assistance on updating their firmware, with two days to go the results could change either way. And again, this only gauges the opinion of people who visit these discussion boards - there
    will be many many Nokia owners who have not read this post.

But, this poll isnt the official Nokia standpoint of firmware installation. The poll and this thread are what you, the users think and feel.

Carry on and make posts here to discuss this, and feel free to make a vote. The poll will close on Friday afternoon. I will collate the results and put them in this thread for further discussion.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, Apr 14, 2017
  3. 7thSense Win User
    Email has been syncing for 2 days now.

That does not sound normal. What kind of phone do you have? What kind of email account is it?

7thSense, Apr 14, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

I use the one that gets installed during installation then I normally follow Brink's tutorial on adding a second administrator account. Because I also work from this computer I want to have as much security as I can.

swarfega, Apr 14, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    I always did that too. The first account created is part of Admin group so is less secure.

I wondered how many people bothered to change it and run as a standard user.

Thus the poll *Smile

6. Edwin New Member
    Local Account as Admin for a generic User folder and the ability to remove the User name.

View Poll Results: What kind of user account do you normally use? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 14, 2017
  7. prikker Win User
    Administrator with this:

prikker, Apr 14, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

Everyone else in my home uses a standard-level account for security, and it has helped too!

simrick, Apr 14, 2017
  9. Bat 1 Win User
    I'm lazy as well as not smart so Local Account as Admin *Sad

Bat 1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: What kind of user account do you normally use? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using: Hi folks I'm interested in what members are using as their virtualisation software -- doesn't matter what host. Basically : Hyper-V, Virtual Box, Vmware Workstation/player, Esxi, KVM, other e,g parallels, Citrix,XEN etc). Reasons for using would be fine too and what people...
  3. View Poll Results: What Antivirus Are you Using And Why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What Antivirus Are you Using And Why?: Hello everyone, Many people are looking for a suitable antivirus software and I thought this thread might help them a bit. Note: Of course there is nothing called "THE BEST ANTIVIRUS" and it really varies based on kind of usage and many other factors. And this topic is just...
  4. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  5. View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: What backup / imaging software you use?: *Smile TF Live Chat will also include live presentations of Macrium Reflect & viBoot, see post #2 in chat thread for more information. OK geeks, start posting about your backup software & strategy *Smile Entries deadline 12 noon UTC on Saturday 3rd of September,...
  6. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  7. View Poll Results: Will you jump to W10 and what are you using now.

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Will you jump to W10 and what are you using now.: Things are moving fast with W10 at the moment. If you were asked TODAY whether you would jump to W10 what would you say ? There is a Poll attached to this thread. READ CAREFULLY HOW TO VOTE. You are voting twice. Vote for ONE of the first three options and then vote for...
  8. View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?: I thought it would be interesting to know what people prefer (Desktop users, not tablet): Native Windows 10 Start menu Classic Shell Start 10 (by Stardock) Native Start screen Any other solution (post Please keep in mind that this poll is for Windows 10, not for any...
  9. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602
  10. View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

in Windows 10 News
    View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?: In our tests of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera, the worst web browser for Windows 10 was easy to spot: Internet Explorer 11. But the best choice? That depends. On earlier versions of Windows, the best browser you can run today is clearly Google Chrome. But, what about...