Windows 10: View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?

Discus and support View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I thought it would be interesting to know what people prefer (Desktop users, not tablet): Native Windows 10 Start menu Classic Shell Start 10 (by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by altae, Aug 2, 2015.

1. altae Win User

View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?

I thought it would be interesting to know what people prefer (Desktop users, not tablet):

• Native Windows 10 Start menu
    • Classic Shell
    • Start 10 (by Stardock)
    • Native Start screen
    • Any other solution (post

Please keep in mind that this poll is for Windows 10, not for any of it's predecessors.

I personally reverted to Classic shell. I like beeing able to customize it. The native Start menu is simply not flexible enough for me.

:)

altae, Aug 2, 2015

2. Sign the petition?!

so karim, will we see Nokia act on the results or was the poll just posted for a bit of fun to gauge everyones view on this subject?

i mentioned earlier that Series 60 version 3, feature release 1 has the ability to have the F/W updated by the user so will we see this option included in future handsets? even if only a small number of people wanted to do this by themselves, it would still
    save nokia time and money?

Hi Rich!

This poll isnt just a bit of fun, I was hoping to stimulate a bit of discussion on the subject. The results from the poll are interesting, it is not the landslide that many people who visit here were expecting. With on %59 of people actively seeking firmware
    updates this still leaves a large group of owners who would require some assistance on updating their firmware, with two days to go the results could change either way. And again, this only gauges the opinion of people who visit these discussion boards - there
    will be many many Nokia owners who have not read this post.

But, this poll isnt the official Nokia standpoint of firmware installation. The poll and this thread are what you, the users think and feel.

Carry on and make posts here to discuss this, and feel free to make a vote. The poll will close on Friday afternoon. I will collate the results and put them in this thread for further discussion.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Sign the petition?!

Ah yes, I forgot to do that on Friday afternoon, here are the results on the close of the poll:

No! - I wouldnt be interested (0%)

Yes! - I think this would be a great idea! (58%)

I would prefer an engineer to do it (24%)

It would be good, but I would need help doing it (19%)

Total Votes: 156

On the thought of another poll, I think its a bit early to start another one right now, but if anyone has any suggestions for polls just let me know.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, Aug 2, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

In Win10 I like the stock start menu but in WIn8.1/WIn8 I liked Classic Shell.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    The native Start menu in 10 works fine for me.

Boozad, Aug 2, 2015
  6. I prefer the Win 8 style

paulsalter, Aug 2, 2015
  7. altae Win User
    Quick question: How do I edit the poll?

altae, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Edwin New Member

W10 Menu in any of it's forms is fine but I'd still like to see the option to Pin to the Start LIST.

Edwin, Aug 2, 2015
  9. View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer? [​IMG]

With all the options now on the right click of the Start Button and all my programs on the task bar, I no longer have need of the start menu.

So, if I had to choose I'd stick with what the OS put there.

teachermark, Aug 2, 2015
  10. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Classic Shell for me although jumplists aren't working for me yet under 4.2.3RC

eLPuSHeR, Aug 2, 2015
  11. altae Win User
    What I like about Classic Shell is the fact that you lose nothing by installing it. There is still a button that brings up the native Start menu. Plus you can make Windows bring up the native Start menu by clicking the Start button while holding down shift on your keyboard (for example).

altae, Aug 2, 2015
  12. NUS
    Nus Win User
    I can't say that it's a major issue for me; apps that are used multiple times per session are on taskbar and context menu covers a lot.

But the fact that I can have 30 icons in about the same space that a classic menu holds 5, plus the superior caching/response, makes native Win 10 Start a no-brainer.

13. strollin Win User

I never missed the Start menu when it was removed from Win 8 and don't really like the Start menu in Win 10. I prefer no Start menu.

strollin, Aug 2, 2015
  14. patrickt Win User
    I don't really care as long as it doesn't require a touch screen.

patrickt, Aug 2, 2015
  15. reddice Win User
    Classic Shell. I tried the Windows 10 start menu but I just hate the way Windows does tiles. The worst UI ever which is why I never got a Windows Phone.

reddice, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Which CLI do you prefer in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Which CLI do you prefer in Windows 10?: Hi everyone! I was wondering how things are with PowerShell for those that are into the development there. I am not that good with it as i am a strong cmd / bash advocate as i find PowerShell a bit, odd (not bad). Just to give it out there so you know where i am coming...
  3. View Poll Results: Which offline backup service do you prefer?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Which offline backup service do you prefer?: I'm considering switching from Carbonite to another service (iDrive, Backblaze, etc.). What do you guys recommend? Carbonite seems to be resource intensive during active backups. 109696
  4. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  5. View Poll Results: Which free antivirus will you prefer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: Which free antivirus will you prefer?: What will be the right choice of a free antivirus with the new OS? The inbuilt Defender? Or long time trusted Avast? Or Avira? Or anything else? Have you guys tested any free antivirus yet? Let us know ... share your experience with us. 1988
  6. View Poll Results: What is your preferred KVM-ish software?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    View Poll Results: What is your preferred KVM-ish software?: Hi, I have dual laptops, one running Windows 7 Pro and the other running Windows 10. Both laptops are on a wireless network (NetGear Nighthawk X5 R8000). I am using Mouse without Borders (2.1.5.1103) on each PC so that I can control both laptops using the keyboard and mouse...
  7. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  8. View Poll Results: Do you use the Start menu or Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Do you use the Start menu or Start screen: I use the Start screen, I started with the Start menu but just feel more comfortable with the Start screen. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html 2115
  9. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602
  10. View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

in Windows 10 News
    View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?: In our tests of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera, the worst web browser for Windows 10 was easy to spot: Internet Explorer 11. But the best choice? That depends. On earlier versions of Windows, the best browser you can run today is clearly Google Chrome. But, what about...