Windows 10: View Poll Results: What will you do?

Discus and support View Poll Results: What will you do? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FuturDreamz, Jul 28, 2015.

1. View Poll Results: What will you do?

Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish.

:)

FuturDreamz, Jul 28, 2015

2. Sign the petition?!

so karim, will we see Nokia act on the results or was the poll just posted for a bit of fun to gauge everyones view on this subject?

i mentioned earlier that Series 60 version 3, feature release 1 has the ability to have the F/W updated by the user so will we see this option included in future handsets? even if only a small number of people wanted to do this by themselves, it would still
    save nokia time and money?

Hi Rich!

This poll isnt just a bit of fun, I was hoping to stimulate a bit of discussion on the subject. The results from the poll are interesting, it is not the landslide that many people who visit here were expecting. With on %59 of people actively seeking firmware
    updates this still leaves a large group of owners who would require some assistance on updating their firmware, with two days to go the results could change either way. And again, this only gauges the opinion of people who visit these discussion boards - there
    will be many many Nokia owners who have not read this post.

But, this poll isnt the official Nokia standpoint of firmware installation. The poll and this thread are what you, the users think and feel.

Carry on and make posts here to discuss this, and feel free to make a vote. The poll will close on Friday afternoon. I will collate the results and put them in this thread for further discussion.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Removeable N8 Battery

it does void warranty i have a poll up on daily mobile to see what result comes in and maybe nokia will make it removeable in the final product

so far its looking like people want it removeable

techbuzzireland, Jul 28, 2015
  4. View Poll Results: What will you do?

I ended up doing a clean reinstall using installation media. The installer recognized that I had previously ran an activated version of Windows 10 on this system and activated itself. So far things are going quite well, I didn't even have to use the backed up drivers as Windows 10 pulled them all, even ones for devices that 8 refused to recognize. I still had a couple device specific things like FlipLock and USB Charger Plus to install.

FuturDreamz, Jul 29, 2015
  5. derek10 Win User
    It's working fine on both computers so I will leave it.

derek10, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Joanne Win User
    I've clean installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit on both of my two SSDs. On one SSD I use it as my "main operating system". On the other, which I clean installed today, I use it as an Insider. Clean installation means unallocating the drives by deleting everything and reinstalling everything. This way I am sure that 99% of the eventual bugs / issues will be the operating system's responsibility/fault and not mine. So far, both work OK, fine I'd say, besides a few known bugs I've already reported (win feedback).

Joanne, Jul 29, 2015
  7. DavidY Win User
    For anyone contemplating this... if you upgraded from Windows 7 or 8.x, make sure that Windows 10 has activated before you start attempting clean installs/ Resets.

Also, when I've tried a Reset on a VM running an Insider build, it seemed to leave more files and folders behind than I'd like, so I'll probably clean-install when I get to that point.

DavidY, Jul 29, 2015
  8. GayDalek Win User

View Poll Results: What will you do?

How did you get FlipLock to work?

GayDalek, Aug 4, 2015
  9. LittleJay Win User
    I did a clean install just to see for myself that it would activate and it did. But will continue to use my W10 upgrade over W7 for day to day purposes. It runs great and I don't to re-install any of my software.

LittleJay, Aug 4, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    I did the Upgrade over Win7 w/SP1 on a Dell Inspiron 580 Desktop I'd rescued, rehabbed and reserved for the purpose, no problems. If I ever do a clean install I probably will change my C:/boot/OS HDD, now have a Seagate 320GB with D: being a WDC 500GB.

Berton, Aug 4, 2015
  11. figment Win User
    Already done...*Tongue

I upgraded from 8.1 Pro using the Media Creation tool in order to activate as required, then did a clean install the next day, it activated automatically with no problems.

figment, Aug 4, 2015
  12. Thinking about a clean install on one PC. It was windows 7 upgraded to 10074 via the insiders page. Then updated through windows update to each new build after that to 10240. 6+ up upgrades, I lost count. It's working Ok surprisingly so in no rush at the moment. If I a clean install as an activation test that will be the system. I've done one clean install on my laptop but that was to switch to 10 Enterprise, so I had to use my MSDN key for that. Didn't have to install any drivers manually. Everything works as it should.

alphanumeric, Aug 4, 2015
  13. View Poll Results: What will you do?

I installed the driver from Asus. I did install ATK package first which was reccomended. I disabled fliplock notifications and have Windows set to change without asking, and now it switches over pretty seamlessly (but I have to manually toggle it if I flip the laptop when sleeping or off)

FuturDreamz, Aug 4, 2015
  14. snerd Win User
    Clean install after upgrade. Then reinstalled my programs. I love a clean start!

snerd, Aug 4, 2015
  15. Two computers upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate and one from Windows 7 Home.

I have Reset (with files kept) on one computer. The results of the reset were excellent.

However, the other two upgrades will not be reset or clean installed. The upgrade proved to be sufficient. Post-upgrade performance meets my expectation on the two and I used Contact Support to resolve a couple of issues.

I have no desire to classic clean install on either of them. Why fix what ain't broke? In my situation I think clean installs, now that I have seen the results of the upgrades, would be nothing more than the quest for the perfect computer.

Cbarnhorst, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

View Poll Results: What will you do?

1. View Poll Results: What will you do? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: What Virtualisation software are you using: Hi folks I'm interested in what members are using as their virtualisation software -- doesn't matter what host. Basically : Hyper-V, Virtual Box, Vmware Workstation/player, Esxi, KVM, other e,g parallels, Citrix,XEN etc). Reasons for using would be fine too and what people...
  4. View Poll Results: What Antivirus Are you Using And Why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What Antivirus Are you Using And Why?: Hello everyone, Many people are looking for a suitable antivirus software and I thought this thread might help them a bit. Note: Of course there is nothing called "THE BEST ANTIVIRUS" and it really varies based on kind of usage and many other factors. And this topic is just...
  5. View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do You Like Edge?: Issue/SUBJ: Regarding MS Edge Features Customization/Hack. Good Day All! I hope you're all enjoying a pleasant one. If Possible, how can I make "Open In New Tab" the Default when I click on an Icon on the Favorites Bar, and, if possible, other Links in General? All...
  6. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  7. View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do you think you will switch to Spartan?: I'm thinking that Spartan will fix the major complaints I have with Internet Explorer and so I intend to switch over from Firefox. 3812
  8. View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What Start menu do you prefer?: I thought it would be interesting to know what people prefer (Desktop users, not tablet): Native Windows 10 Start menu Classic Shell Start 10 (by Stardock) Native Start screen Any other solution (post Please keep in mind that this poll is for Windows 10, not for any...
  9. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602
  10. View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?

in Windows 10 News
    View Poll Results: What browser do you like best?: In our tests of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, IE and Opera, the worst web browser for Windows 10 was easy to spot: Internet Explorer 11. But the best choice? That depends. On earlier versions of Windows, the best browser you can run today is clearly Google Chrome. But, what about...