Windows 10: View Poll Results: Which Has Most Visual Appeal ?

Discus and support View Poll Results: Which Has Most Visual Appeal ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm desperately trying to like W10 but am finding the blandness and stark visual interface very off putting. Something as simple as the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mooly, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Mooly Win User

View Poll Results: Which Has Most Visual Appeal ?

I'm desperately trying to like W10 but am finding the blandness and stark visual interface very off putting. Something as simple as the Windows calculator highlights this. Here is the W10 offering vs the W8.1 This stark bland appearance carries through to much of the OS. Project Spartan (Edge) seems like it could develop into something worthwhile but again, its so unattractive to use.

What do you think ?

There is a poll attached to this thread. Which of these is most visually appealing to you ?

:)

Mooly, Jun 16, 2015

2. N95 8G>>Is it possible???

i said that the multimedia screen is more visually appealing on the 95-1 but much more functional on the 95 8gb and i was criticised for my comment as being biased

But again i will reinterate

The n95-1 multimedia screen is much more visually appealing but the 8gb has much more functionality in its multimedia screen

roberth---01, Jun 16, 2015
  3. Making Windows 10 Taskbar more Dock-like.

I think this would make the taskbar fell less obstructive, not to mention the visual appeal

Prashant Rao, Jun 16, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

For me I like simple clean things and Win10 just works for me. Not that I don't like Win8.1 but I just dig Win10 after using it for some time now.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 16, 2015
  5. Vladimir Win User
    I like Windows 8.1, but Windows 10 clean and flat visual looks better in my humble opinion...

*Smile

Vladimir, Jun 16, 2015
  6. looking at the two pics I prefer the 8.1 look

I find the white look hard to read and a strain on the eyes, everything just seems to merge into one

paulsalter, Jun 16, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    I like Windows 10's overall continuity a lot better, so I voted for 10. I can always give it the "Look" I want later(if I want too) the color and windowing is no big deal, Just look what Edwin has done with it.

Cliff S, Jun 16, 2015
  8. GEWB Win User

Poll choices need Win7 and "None of the Above" as neither Win8.x nor Win10 are very appealing.

Regards,

9. badrobot Win User
    Not necessarily attractive to me. Just different. Some are good. And some bad. But it's acceptable. Some Linux distros are actually more attractive. But Windows 10 is different.

badrobot, Jun 16, 2015
  10. Voyager 1 Win User
    You read my mind *Smile .

I'm on Win 7 since 2010 and prefer this one

View Poll Results: Which Has Most Visual Appeal ? [​IMG]

If I had to choose, I'd pick the 8.1 calculator vs the Win 10 version.

Voyager 1, Jun 16, 2015
  11. CmmTch Win User
    Agree with GEWB, I've never had W8 so no opinion on that OS. To me W10 appears like the display is set on the minimum, 16 colors, lowest resolution, 600x800. W7 to me is much nicer for appearance compared to W10 and it didn't have to be that way.

This is 2015 not 1995, with even standard video cards/displays these days it could at least look like something newer instead of masquerading as "the new clean look" heck with that, give me the ability to adjust and change things with a myriad of options for the appearance and display. Hate the square sharp edge window design. I think there will be 3rd party applications abound for W10 to change things that for some reason MS saw fit not to include that capability wihin the OS.

CmmTch, Jun 16, 2015
  12. Mooly Win User
    Its interesting reading all your comments and thoughts on this one.

Voyager... W8.1 has the one posted as well.

Mooly, Jun 16, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

I think you can still install a version of the old Win7 calculator on Win10 and it works fine.

BunnyJ, Jun 16, 2015
  14. owensjc Win User
    Not enough choices. They are both THE ugliest OS's since the dos days.

owensjc, Jun 16, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    I'll bet there will be third party themes that will be out soon after the OS comes out.

BunnyJ, Jun 16, 2015
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Which Has Most Visual Appeal ? - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Percentage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Percentage: I trust it fully never failed me. I even used it to recover an installed program I uninstalled as it was quicker just to run the image restore then having to reconfigure the program. 115847
  3. View Poll Results: Which free antivirus will you prefer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: Which free antivirus will you prefer?: What will be the right choice of a free antivirus with the new OS? The inbuilt Defender? Or long time trusted Avast? Or Avira? Or anything else? Have you guys tested any free antivirus yet? Let us know ... share your experience with us. 1988
  4. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  5. View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?: [img] Here's a fragment of a Windows 10 Windows update log - generated in Powershell by the Get-WindowsUpdateLog, and the full file zipped as an attatchment. It can take several minutes to process on a slower machine, and the repeated (sometimes once, sometimes twice)...
  6. View Poll Results: Which option would you choose?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    View Poll Results: Which option would you choose?: Now that my free 200 GB OneDrive offer is ending I have to decide between base, 50GB, Office 365 Home or alternative sync storage. Any guidance would be appreciated. I have desktop+laptop Windows computers. Same @live.com e-mail for all. Other local users for networking....
  7. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  8. View Poll Results: Which card should i use?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    View Poll Results: Which card should i use?: So, i'm needing to buy a low-end entry level video card. Should I get an R7 240, or a GT 730? I'm not looking to game, but I still need something pretty balanced between power and profile (And/or power consumption.) Thing is, the only reason I would have to use an R7 240 is...
  9. View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Has anyone else had this problem?: On my desktop PC, ugraded to 10 on Friday morning, been using all weekend no problems. On Monday we had a winter wonderland, was checking snow history when electricity went off momentarily. PC shut down. I had perhaps 5 wiindows open at the time. PC powered back with...
  10. View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?: Without going into a rant about how buggy v1709 had been, I just decided I had to roll back and install 1703. I decided to defer the upgrade to a year. Don't care, I will not install 1709 until they fix some of the issues I had been facing. So my question is and this...