Windows 10: View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9

Discus and support View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thought it would be interesting to see how many know whether they will upgrading to the final version of Windows 9 when it's released Then perhaps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paulsalter, Sep 12, 2014.

1. View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9

Thought it would be interesting to see how many know whether they will upgrading to the final version of Windows 9 when it's released

Then perhaps have a similar post at the end of the year after the beta has been used to see if people have changed there mind

*looked for similar poll but didn't see it

I have gone for undecided at the moment, main reason is I want to see the price, if this is right then I will be upgrading

:)

paulsalter, Sep 12, 2014

2. Sign the petition?!

so karim, will we see Nokia act on the results or was the poll just posted for a bit of fun to gauge everyones view on this subject?

i mentioned earlier that Series 60 version 3, feature release 1 has the ability to have the F/W updated by the user so will we see this option included in future handsets? even if only a small number of people wanted to do this by themselves, it would still
    save nokia time and money?

Hi Rich!

This poll isnt just a bit of fun, I was hoping to stimulate a bit of discussion on the subject. The results from the poll are interesting, it is not the landslide that many people who visit here were expecting. With on %59 of people actively seeking firmware
    updates this still leaves a large group of owners who would require some assistance on updating their firmware, with two days to go the results could change either way. And again, this only gauges the opinion of people who visit these discussion boards - there
    will be many many Nokia owners who have not read this post.

But, this poll isnt the official Nokia standpoint of firmware installation. The poll and this thread are what you, the users think and feel.

Carry on and make posts here to discuss this, and feel free to make a vote. The poll will close on Friday afternoon. I will collate the results and put them in this thread for further discussion.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, Sep 12, 2014
  3. budhaber Win User
    Windows 10 update problem

Started having freeze issues in Nov. normally these would happen during heavy usage of memory or video. I could go days without a freeze or have 2 to 4 a day. Started tracking the times and checking error logs, The majority showed as port conflicts which
    didn't clarify a lot, because the entry's don't give file names. Finally I found the Windows update log and discovered polling. It seems windows polls the servers for updates every 2 to 4 hours if no update your computer receives an 8 KB packet, but if an
    update is available you get a larger packet. Checked the times they match perfectly with my freezes every large packet during heavy usage results in a port conflict and freezes my computer.

WindowsUpdate.2017.12.10.091440987.4.etl 12/12/2017 7:22 AM ETL File 8 KB

WindowsUpdate.2017.12.10.091440987.5.etl 12/12/2017 9:26 AM ETL File 8 KB

Hey Microsoft can we have the polling follow the update rules that it only runs during periods of low usage?

budhaber, Sep 12, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9

At this point I think I'm about 90% certain that I'll get the upgrade. Asswuming the price is not too high and there are no major issues with software/driver compatibility then it's a done deal.

The looks of Win9 is just what I would want in the new OS. I just want to test it out to make sure it's what I want.
    Jeff... YMMV...

BunnyJ, Sep 12, 2014
  5. LittleJay Win User
    I am undecided at this point. W8.1 Pro really works well on this PC and I won't make a final decision until I see what W9 has to offer.

LittleJay, Sep 12, 2014
  6. Mooly Win User
    At this stage... hmmm... probably not...... I really like W8.1 and would go so far as to say its Microsofts best so far.

Mooly, Sep 12, 2014
  7. I tell you after I can get hands on with 9

Jeepmann4x4, Sep 12, 2014
  8. strollin Win User

When a new OS comes out, there needs to be a compelling reason for me to upgrade to it. With Win 8, I didn't feel there was a compelling reason to upgrade so didn't. However, I've since purchased several machines that came with Win 8.x. I imagine Win 9 will be much the same for me. I probably won't upgrade but will eventually buy machines that come with it installed.

strollin, Sep 12, 2014
  9. More than likely a yes. I have an MSDN subscription so I'll be running it on at least one PC for a test run. If I like what I see I'll likely upgrade all my PC's to 9.

alphanumeric, Sep 12, 2014
  10. Edwin New Member
    Undecided, but I'm quite eager to try it out! *Smile

Edwin, Sep 13, 2014
  11. Hi

I'm hoping to install it as a dual boot the end of this month, or when it becomes available and try it out.

If I find that it's an improvement over Windows 8 I will upgrade.

I couldn't get my sound to work correctly when I updated to Windows 8.1 after spending a whole day on it, so I'm hoping that dual booting will give me time to iron out things like that in Windows 9 before having to make the leap all at once.

I couldn't stay with 8.1 long enough to work on it because I needed the sound capabilities for projects I was working on.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Sep 13, 2014
  12. A Guy Win User
    Undecided, but not moving off 7 unless I have a need. Changing just to have the newest isn't driving me. There would have to be an obvious reason.

A Guy, Sep 13, 2014
  13. View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9

From what I've seen, yes. The removal of Aero design and iconography from the Desktop is a HUGE reason as to why. I've been waiting literally three years for that. Virtual desktops sound interesting, I might play with that but don't see a point to it.

So far, that's basically it. I'll obviously need to see performance, new features, and the modern UI in full developed entirety to make that decision, but as for now, yes. This household will be running Windows 9 for my PC and my phone (when that finally happens) and my Surface.

Coke Robot, Sep 13, 2014
  14. Had you asked me a month or two ago, I would have said undecided. but with recent rumors I've been seeing, it's now probably not. That doesn't mean I won't change my mind but, at this point, it's highly unlikely.

Lady Fitzgerald, Sep 13, 2014
  15. Vladimir Win User
    I'll surely move to 9...

Vladimir, Sep 13, 2014
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Windows 9 - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    View Poll Results: Was this post helpful to you?: This is assuming you have installed a Windows 10 VM running on a Windows 10 Hyper-V host. It further assumes that you have enabled Enhanced Sessions and can connect to the Enhanced Session (vmconnect.exe). (this means that you have enabled Guest Services in the settings for...
  3. View Poll Results: Percentage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Percentage: I trust it fully never failed me. I even used it to recover an installed program I uninstalled as it was quicker just to run the image restore then having to reconfigure the program. 115847
  4. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  5. View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?: I am trying to log in to my desktop pc which has windows 10. I get to the screen with the clock time and date and a small pc picture on bottom right corner. From this screen i usually hit enter or click on something to bring up the PIN login screen. When I try this my...
  6. View Poll Results: Are you in the fast upgrade track or slow?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    View Poll Results: Are you in the fast upgrade track or slow?: I'm just wondering what everyone is doing, and why? 3847
  7. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  8. View Poll Results: What will you do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What will you do?: Now that 10240 is officially official I decided to do the in-place reset to clean out any carried over glitches. I downloaded drivers, ninite, and office 365 installer and am now waiting waiting for the reset to finish. 9241
  9. View Poll Results: Easiest Upgrade of Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    View Poll Results: Easiest Upgrade of Failed: Hi there Just curious here about experiences of your upgrades Essentially I'm interested in these options 1) Easy upgrade 2) Upgraded but some minor problems 3) difficult upgrade but still upgraded 4) reverted back to previous version Cheers jimbo 81542
  10. View Poll Results: What are you going to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: What are you going to do?: Are you going to get windows 10 release or keep your current os or something else. 3602