Windows 10: View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive

Discus and support View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am at odds concerning OneDrive. On one hand I think it is unneeded especially since I do not use a lot of disk space. On the other hand if it is very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lpatrick, Jan 13, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive

I am at odds concerning OneDrive. On one hand I think it is unneeded especially since I do not use a lot of disk space. On the other hand if it is very beneficial I would be inclined to keep and use OneDrive more.

OneDrive Poll

:)

lpatrick, Jan 13, 2017

2. Sign the petition?!

so karim, will we see Nokia act on the results or was the poll just posted for a bit of fun to gauge everyones view on this subject?

i mentioned earlier that Series 60 version 3, feature release 1 has the ability to have the F/W updated by the user so will we see this option included in future handsets? even if only a small number of people wanted to do this by themselves, it would still
    save nokia time and money?

Hi Rich!

This poll isnt just a bit of fun, I was hoping to stimulate a bit of discussion on the subject. The results from the poll are interesting, it is not the landslide that many people who visit here were expecting. With on %59 of people actively seeking firmware
    updates this still leaves a large group of owners who would require some assistance on updating their firmware, with two days to go the results could change either way. And again, this only gauges the opinion of people who visit these discussion boards - there
    will be many many Nokia owners who have not read this post.

But, this poll isnt the official Nokia standpoint of firmware installation. The poll and this thread are what you, the users think and feel.

Carry on and make posts here to discuss this, and feel free to make a vote. The poll will close on Friday afternoon. I will collate the results and put them in this thread for further discussion.

Cheers

-

Karim

karim---01, Jan 13, 2017
  3. BSOD Page Fault in Non Paged Area - Linked my .dmp files

Thank you for your response. It isn't a branded PC, Motherboard is MSI 970 gaming.

Sys Info & DriverView Info

That is a link to the system information and the driver view results requested in OneDrive

BrandonNoble, Jan 13, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

One of the useful things about OneDrive, I have found, is posting a file temporarily for download here in the forums.

As I place copies of ALL my current software installers in a folder on it(as well as on a 3rd internal drive), and keep them updated, I have been able to post a link to Samsung Magician and the Samsung NVMe driver I download, when any new versions come out.
    The reason being, when Samsung posts a fresh Magician or driver version they have a daily download limit of say 20 to 30 downloads for the first few days, to make sure it doesn't nuke any(or too many) systems/data. Being that I live in Germany, and check the download site every morning, I get the software, where people in the States are still sleeping, and by the time they have a chance to check, after I posted there is an update, the daily quota is already reached, and they cannot get the new versions.

So I create a link to the original zip file I put on OneDrive, for the other forums members to download, but only for a couple of days, because we are not a hosting site here.

Another example:
    As I am in charge of the Excel sheet for the themes forums members post to share(here: Windows 10 Themes created by Ten Forums members) if someone creates a theme that exceeds the set forums upload limit, @Kari being the awesome TF Team member*Cool he is, has provided some of his own space of his petabytes of OneDrive space, and shares it with me, so the member can upload his too large theme files to OneDrive, PM me a link so I can copy it to the space Kari has provided, then I send the link address to the forums member to post in his description. Now the large theme can be downloaded by everyone.

There are many more practical uses for OneDrive other that data backup. *Party

Cliff S, Jan 13, 2017
  5. dencal Win User
    10/10....need I say more.

dencal, Jan 13, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    I use OneDrive only for temporary file transfers and synchronization with other devices and eventual sharing of occasional files with friends. My internet upload speed is only 2Mb/s so a backup to it is not an option. Size of available online storage is also a problem, just not enough for any serious use.

CountMike, Jan 13, 2017
  7. Kari Win User
    OneDrive is in my opinion (without a doubt) the most important of all online services in general and Microsoft services in particular for a private user. The main reason I adapted Windows 8 so early starting to use it on all my computers from first preview versions*was the possibility to use a Microsoft account as Windows sign-in account and to start utilizing online and cloud services tied to my Windows sign-in account.

Windows 10 is even better. I couldn't even think using computers today without native, built-in OneDrive.

I can both sync content between computers using it and fetch files from my computer from any PC (not only mine) whenever needed. On various machines I can select what to sync; the laptop I'm using to write this has no needs to sync my photos and home videos selecting to sync only screenshots and such from Pictures folder and other than self made home made videos from Videos folder, I have selected to only sync small part of my music collection, but I want all my documents being also locally stored selecting to sync the full Documents folder.

Selective sync tutorial: OneDrive Selective Sync - Choose Folders in Windows 10

I also want to sync some of the content on two additional OneDrive personal accounts on this laptop, having synced content from all three accounts in total harmony in %userprofile%\OneDrive folder.

Sync multiple personal OneDrive accounts on same computer: OneDrive - Sync Multiple Accounts in Windows

I've used Amazon Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, you name it. None of them gives me same flexibility and 100% integration than OneDrive. I am one extremely happy OneDrive user.

View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive [​IMG]
    Tip If you like me tend to sync a lot of OneDrive content to your PC, sync after a clean install can be a pain in the you know where. For example, here's what I have selected to sync on this laptop, this is the amount of OneDrive data I want to always have locally stored for fast access:

View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive [​IMG]

Syncing that over 100 GB after a clean install would simply take too long. An easy and fast fix is to copy the OneDrive folder to an external drive (with USB 3 it really takes no too long) before starting the install.

Now do the install, set up OneDrive when finished, then copy the backed up OneDrive content to new OneDrive folder and you are done. Much faster than starting from scratch letting OneDrive to sync over 100 GB.

8. griploner Win User

I'm just getting to grips with it have bought a Samsung S6 which gave me a extra 100GB to store files, I may purchase the extra space in the future.

griploner, Jan 13, 2017
  9. Kari Win User
    That's even better!

My tip is mostly for laptop users; one disk, when on the road you don't want to carry an additional disk with you to get to OneDrive contents.

10. Just adds one more layer of complexity and besides, I already have so much storage, why would I need more? Lastly, I don't trust Microsoft for anything.

DAVEY JONES, Jan 13, 2017
  11. Cliff S New Member
    I don't have my user profile moved, but all libraries, except desktop(which after testing, is better left on system disk, in case you need to disconnect all other disks), OneDrive, and Virtual Machines, are moved (in my case) too other internal SSDs to make it faster rebuilding my setup. as I do not need to move any files, or wait for syncing. This is absolutely NO protection against Ransomeware or Malware, but protection against, when you play around and nuke your system. OneDrive being just another folder on your PC that can be move to another partition or disk, is really nice for rebuilding your current system, or even if you buy a new PC and copy the folder there.

Cliff S, Jan 13, 2017
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu

Cliff S, Jan 13, 2017
  13. Kari Win User

Of course you don't need OneDrive if you are not trusting Microsoft and not using any of their software and services. I guess you don't even use Windows then, especially now when Windows 10 is switched from a traditional desktop OS to a service. Good to have also users of other operating systems here at Ten Forums *Smile

Of course I know that Microsoft employs someone whose only job in Redmond is to check my various OneDrive accounts, to see if there's some embarrassing selfies to pin on Microsoft campus cafeteria's walls to amuse their staff, and another person whose job is to read and archive all my personal correspondence. I just don't care.

14. I use it to share some files with other forum members. I upload pictures of some of my projects I'm working on, then post a link to the folder on forums with a limit on upload size. If you right click on any of the OneDrive folders, you'll see a "share a link" option that will give you something like this, Public

alphanumeric, Jan 13, 2017
  15. mrgeek Win User
    I moved or copied all my Yahoo and Flickr photo journals and videos to OneDrive to share with followers. Far easier to work on files and content directly on my device and then sync than to upload and use their cumbersome editing tools.

mrgeek, Jan 14, 2017
Thema:

1. View Poll Results: Your Use of OneDrive - Similar Threads - View Poll Results

2. View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    View Poll Results: Hidden Admin?: How many of you uses the hidden admin as daily use? 148876
  3. View Poll Results: Percentage

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    View Poll Results: Percentage: I trust it fully never failed me. I even used it to recover an installed program I uninstalled as it was quicker just to run the image restore then having to reconfigure the program. 115847
  4. View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View Poll Results: What antivirus are you using?: What antivirus are you using? is it the Free or Paid version? (this option is not on the poll so if you can, reply with the answer *Biggrin) 38893
  5. View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

in Browsers and Email
    View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??: SO how many of you are trying to use Edge as your primary browser?? In the beginning I didn't and I just used it for this site but with the AU I started to use it as my primary and I only use FF for Sirius/XM online streaming so I can easily use a sleep timer bat file to shut...
  6. View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    View Poll Results: Is WindowsUpdateLog broken?: [img] Here's a fragment of a Windows 10 Windows update log - generated in Powershell by the Get-WindowsUpdateLog, and the full file zipped as an attatchment. It can take several minutes to process on a slower machine, and the repeated (sometimes once, sometimes twice)...
  7. View Poll Results: Choose your favourite music player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    View Poll Results: Choose your favourite music player: Clementine for me, mainly cause it always works when WMP tends to freeze. WMP would be a close second though. 1394
  8. View Poll Results: Was this helpful?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    View Poll Results: Was this helpful?: For anyone looking here, this is just a guide I thought up and I think this is pretty useful. If you are deciding between 2 or more CPUs, use this equation: A= Number of cores B= Clock speed of each core C= The cache of the CPU in MB, also make it as, for example, 6MB...
  9. View Poll Results: Does the issue occur on your end ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    View Poll Results: Does the issue occur on your end ?: Good morning, I've been using Windows 10 for 4 days now and I've noticed that every now and then, the minimize and maximize animations are kinda sluggish, one can clearly notice the low fps of the animations that occur from time to time ( not 100% repro ) It's not tied...
  10. View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?

in Windows 10 Support
    View Poll Results: Stick or Twist?: Without going into a rant about how buggy v1709 had been, I just decided I had to roll back and install 1703. I decided to defer the upgrade to a year. Don't care, I will not install 1709 until they fix some of the issues I had been facing. So my question is and this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive poll