Windows 10: View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Discus and support View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 How to View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Sandi1987, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Sandi1987 Win User

View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

How to: View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

How to View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Windows 10 provides the latest antivirus protection with Windows Security. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Security is on and actively protecting your device by scanning for malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats.

Windows Security uses real-time protection to scan your downloads and the programs you run on your device. Also, Windows Update downloads updates for Windows Security automatically to help keep your device safe and protect it from threats.

scan for threats on your device. You can also run different types of scans, see the results of your previous virus and threat scans, and get the latest protection offered by Windows Defender Antivirus.

Protection History in Windows Security allows you to view the latest protection actions and recommendations by Windows Defender Antivirus.

Starting with Windows Defender Offline scanning tool, any detections it makes will now also show in your history. Additionally, you will see any pending recommendations (red or yellow states from throughout the app) in the history list.

This tutorial will show you how to view your threat Protection History in Windows Security for the latest threat protection actions and recommendations by Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Windows Security, and click/tap on the Virus & threat protection icon. (see screenshot below)

View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. Click/tap on the Threat history link under Current threats. (see screenshot below)

3. You will now view the latest protection actions and recommendations. (see screenshots below)

*note You can click/tap on the Filters button to select an option to filter your protection history by.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Sandi1987, Dec 4, 2016
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

The State of Cryptocurrency

According to the reddit page i linked earlier, this is the solution:

• Disable Windows Real-Time Protection
    • Disable Cloud-delivered protection
    • Copy the .exe back over to the affected machine.
    • Add the .exe to the windows 10 defender exclusion list
    • Enable windows defender again to see if it would removed it again.
    • Startup claymore again.
    Here is how to add an exclusion:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...dd-an-exclusion-to-windows-defender-antivirus

3. Le Boule Win User
    Windows Defender Antivirus protection

In your previous threads you indicated you were using a third party antivirus program so I assume you are a "new" user of Windows Defender.

Any other security program installed?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

See the reply of quietman7 in this thread:windowsdefender wont turn on.

If the issue continues recommend you follow the steps in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware with programs such as the Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Malwarebytes and running
    the software removal tools for any security software (AVG, Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer (to include a trial copy of McAfee or Norton or another program that may have been preinstalled on a new computer).
    See List of
    anti-malware product removal tools
    and be sure to restart the computer after running such tools.

You might also want to review http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/ Good
    article but ignore the ads!

If you cannot resolve these issues with Windows Defender please post back in this thread with further information.

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Oct 27, 2019
  4. View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Windows 10: Can't view Windows defender history

Hi Craig,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me assist you on your query regarding Windows defender.

Did you click on the View details option?

Please be informed that if there any malware items found, only then you will see the list of items and you can remove or restore them. If there are no items listed the remove all, remove and restore options will be greyed out.

Reference:

Can't view history details in windows defender

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  6. What the hell, windows defender?

https://www.av-test.org/en/antiviru...-2017/microsoft-windows-defender-4.12-174847/

28 False Positives in last 2 tests

John Naylor, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

1. View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - View Protection History

2. Defender Protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Protection history: Hello!I deleted my protection history.I know this may sound stupidBut will defender still detect threats?I deleted the contents of service file and not the service file itselfI don't know much about tech.Thank you:...
  3. My protection history on Windows Defender

My protection history on Windows Defender: So there is an potentially unwanted app, and whenever I go to my protection history, it's all gone which is abnormal. And I want to know how to find and remove this virus and fix my protection history to find it....
  4. Windows Defender Protection History Crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Protection History Crash: Hello. After opening history of protection in windows defender it just freezes and than crash. I tried deleting the history but it didnt help. Windows is updated....
  5. Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10

Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10: In the Virus And Threat Protection section of Windows Defender for Windows 10, I have tried using multiple methods to delete all Low Threat items from the Protection History log. Nothing will delete them. And they have been there going back to April 6, 2021. They are supposed...
  6. Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10: In the Virus And Threat Protection section of Windows Defender for Windows 10, I have tried using multiple methods to delete all Low Threat items from the Protection History log. Nothing will delete them. And they have been there going back to April 6, 2021. They are supposed...
  7. Windows Defender protection history

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender protection history: I want to know something about Windows Defender protection history. I looked up how long it would stay and the result was that the default is 30 days. I'm talking about when you go to Settings > Virus and Threat Protection > Protection History. It has been 30 days since the...
  8. Windows Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Protection History: Recently, Defender notified me my computer had the Trojan virus. I went to Defender to do a scan and to get rid of that. After that, I did a full scan. Now, when I go to Protection History, it keeps crashing. I don't know whats happening. Someone help....
  9. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: Hi guys, i need your help, as i am having an issue here since around 2 weeks ago. when you go to the Windows Defender --> Virus & Threat Protection --> Ransomware Protection --> Block history is missing and showing blank page. Same is if you go to Windows Defender -->...
  10. view history on windows defender

view history on windows defender: keep getting error code 0X80010005 when I try to view history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/view-history-on-windows-defender/438392fc-28ca-4897-9cc8-0336aae08219

Users found this page by searching for:

1. protection history