Windows 10: View Reliability History in Windows 10

Discus and support View Reliability History in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: View Reliability History in Windows 10 How to View Reliability History in Windows 10 Reliability Monitor is an advanced tool that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

View Reliability History in Windows 10

How to: View Reliability History in Windows 10

How to View Reliability History in Windows 10

Reliability Monitor is an advanced tool that provides a system stability overview and details about events that impact reliability. It calculates the Stability Index shown in the System Stability Chart over the lifetime of the system.

Based on data collected over the lifetime of the system, each date in the System Stability Chart includes a graph point showing that day's System Stability Index rating. The System Stability Index is a number from 1 (least stable) to 10 (most stable) and is a weighted measurement derived from the number of specified failures seen over a rolling historical period. Reliability Events in the System Stability Report describe the specific failures.
    • Recent failures are weighted more heavily than past failures, allowing an improvement over time to be reflected in an ascending System Stability Index once a reliability issue has been resolved.
    • Days when the system is powered off or in a sleep state are not used when calculating the System Stability Index.
    • If there is not enough data to calculate a steady System Stability Index, the graphed line will be dotted. When enough data has been recorded to generate a steady System Stability Index, the graphed line will be solid.
    • If there are any significant changes to the system time, an Information icon will appear on the graph for each day on which the system time was adjusted.
    Reliability Monitor maintains up to a year of history for system stability and reliability events. The System Stability Chart displays a rolling graph organized by date.

The top half of the System Stability Chart displays a graph of the Stability Index. In the lower half of the chart, five rows track Reliability Events that either contribute to the stability measurement for the system or provide related information about software installation and removal. When one or more Reliability Events of each type are detected, an icon appears in the column for that date.
    • For Software Installs and Uninstalls, an Information icon
      View Reliability History in Windows 10 [​IMG]
      indicates a successful event of that type occurred, or a Warning icon
      indicates a failure of that type occurred.
    • For all other Reliability Event types, an Error icon
      indicates a failure of that type occurred.
    This tutorial will show you how to view reliability history in Windows 10 to review hardware and software problems that have impacted your system.

Here's How:

1. Open the Control Panel (icon view), and click/tap on the Security and Maintenance icon.
    2. Click/tap on the chevron
    to the right of Maintenance to expand it open, and click/tap on the View reliability history link. (see screenshot below)

3. Reliability Monitor will now generate a problems report for a moment. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on an available Days, Weeks, Month, or Year option at the top left of the System Stability Chart (top section) for how you want to view details by. (see screenshots below)

5. To view Reliability details (bottom section) for a specific date, click/tap on the column for that date in the System Stability Chart. You can use the scroll buttons at the left and right sides of the System Stability Chart to find dates outside the visible range.

6. To view more specific details about a problem listed in the Source column in Reliability details (bottom section), you can click/tap on the View technical details link in the Action column for the problem.

7. You can also click/tap on the links below at the bottom of Reliability Monitor if wanted.
    • Save reliability history - Saves reliability history as an .xml file to a location you select.
    • View all problem reports - To view problems reports that can be reported to Microsoft.
    • Check for solutions to all problems - To check for solutions from Microsoft to all problems.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 View Update History

There is no "View your update history" option in the Advanced option Window. Things have apparently changed since you posted this. Have another suggestion?

Bernard Corrigan, Oct 26, 2019
  3. reliability view

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

• Type control in search and hit enter.

• Select all control panel items. Click on system and maintenance.

• Click on the dropdown maintenance.

• View reliability history.

• View problem reports.

• Now clear all the problem reports.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Windows 10 View Update History

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, for the late response.

I'd be glad to help you.

Unfortunately, there is no way to create a shortcut on the Desktop, to view the Windows 10 Update History.

To check the Windows Update History, then follow these steps, mentioned below:

• Type Windows update on the search bar, then, click on
      Check for updates tab.
    • Click on Advanced option under Windows Update
      tab in the Update and Security Window.
    • Click on View your update history in the
      Advanced option
      Window.
    • Check, all the Windows update KB article numbers installed in the
      View your update history Window.
    Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 26, 2019
  6. contact list in mail and reliability history(windows 10)

Hi everyone

After synchronization of my mail in one place in windows 10

? the question is : where is my contacts list

IN reliability history

no immediate or even delayed solutions for the problems that appear in it like (microsoft.windowscommunicationapps stopped working

the second question is why there is no built in solutions available when something stopped working? and

Why this reliability downgrade the system from 10 to almost 5 when something not related to windows 10 stop working like Opera? which i uninstalled but it appears in the reliability history as critical event and say that Opera is nonworking and down grade
    the system

ahmedmohesin, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. View Reliability History in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - View Reliability History

2. Reliability History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reliability History: Can someone explain why I am seeing this? My computer hangs frequently and I am seeing this in my reliability history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/2ab8e4d4-897a-4680-9456-2437ff53ebcc
  3. Reliability History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reliability History: Can someone explain why I am seeing this? My computer hangs frequently and I am seeing this in my reliability history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reliability-history/2ab8e4d4-897a-4680-9456-2437ff53ebcc
  4. Getting error message in View Reliability History

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting error message in View Reliability History: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: bad_module_infoProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: bad_module_infoApplication Version: 0.0.0.0Application Timestamp: 00000000Fault Module Name: StackHash_0000Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp:...
  5. Getting error message in View Reliability History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error message in View Reliability History: DescriptionFaulting Application Path: bad_module_infoProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: bad_module_infoApplication Version: 0.0.0.0Application Timestamp: 00000000Fault Module Name: StackHash_0000Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp:...
  6. Getting error message in View Reliability History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft edge silently crashing in view reliability history

Microsoft edge silently crashing in view reliability history: Problem signature Problem Event Name: crashpad_jserror ApplicationName: msedge.exe ApplicationVersion: 89.0.774.45 ComponentName: webui-favorites StackHash: 7309F81DB70859AB6B27002C5E009435BA083C5A SubType: SyntaxError FileName: Unknown SourcePosition: 1_1 OS Version:...
  8. Microsoft silently crashing in view reliability history

Microsoft silently crashing in view reliability history: Problem signature Problem Event Name: crashpad_jserror ApplicationName: msedge.exe ApplicationVersion: 89.0.774.45 ComponentName: webui-favorites StackHash: 7309F81DB70859AB6B27002C5E009435BA083C5A SubType: SyntaxError FileName: Unknown SourcePosition: 1_1 OS Version:...
  9. getting error in view reliability history

getting error in view reliability history: Error 1: Description Faulting Application Path: bad_module_info Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: bad_module_info Application Version: 0.0.0.0 Application Timestamp: 00000000 Fault Module Name: StackHash_0000 Fault Module...
  10. Computer Freeze | Viewed Reliability History

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Freeze | Viewed Reliability History: Was wondering if anyone can decipher for me a Hardware error. I was going about my normal business and encountered a computer freeze. Very odd.. please note I did have the MOBO overclocked and just updated the Bios a couple a days prior. I went into Event Viewer to see if i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is an advanced tool that provides a system stability overview and details about events that impact reliability? It calculates the Stability Index shown in the System Stability Chart over the lifetime of the system