Windows 10: View User Account Details in Windows 10

Discus and support View User Account Details in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: View User Account Details in Windows 10 How to View Full Details of All User Accounts in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Tony K, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Tony K Win User

View User Account Details in Windows 10

How to: View User Account Details in Windows 10

How to View Full Details of All User Accounts in Windows 10

View User Account Details in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information This tutorial will show you how to quickly view full details about all user accounts on your Windows 10 PC.

The full details of user accounts would include: AccountType, Description, Disabled, Domain, FullName, InstallDate, Lockout, LocalAccount, Name, PasswordChangeable, PasswordExpires, PasswordRequired, SID, SIDType, and Status.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To View Details of a Single Account using "Net User" Command
    • Option Two: To View Details of All Accounts using "WMIC UserAccount" Command

OPTION ONE [/i] To View Details of a Single Account using "Net User" Command
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Type the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow net user "user name"

Note Substitute user name with the actual user name of the account you want to view details for.

For example: net user "Brink"

OPTION TWO [/i] To View Details of All Accounts using "WMIC UserAccount" Command
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. In the command prompt, copy and paste the command below you want to use, and press Enter.
    *Arrow (To see results in command prompt)
    wmic useraccount list full

OR

*Arrow (To save results to a "UserAccountsDetails.txt" file on your desktop)
    wmic useraccount list full >"%userprofile%\Desktop\UserAccountDetails.txt"
    3. You will now see all user accounts on the PC listed with detailed information about each one. (see screenshots and table below)

[table][tr][td]Properties[/td] [td]Description[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]AccountType[/td] [td]A flag that describes the characteristics of the user account.
    • 256 = (UF_TEMP_DUPLICATE_ACCOUNT) Local user account for users who have a primary account in another domain. This account provides user access to this domain only—not to any domain that trusts this domain.
    • 512 = (UF_NORMAL_ACCOUNT) Default account type that represents a typical user.
    • 2048 = (UF_INTERDOMAIN_TRUST_ACCOUNT) Account for a system domain that trusts other domains.
    • 4096 = (UF_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT) Computer account for a computer system running Windows that is a member of this domain.
    • 8192 = (UF_SERVER_TRUST_ACCOUNT) Account for a system backup domain controller that is a member of this domain.
    [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Description[/td] [td]Description of the account if available.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Disabled[/td] [td]True or False if the user account is currently disabled.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Domain[/td] [td]Name of the Windows domain (ex: computer name) the user account belongs.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]FullName[/td] [td]Full name of the local user account.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]InstallDate[/td] [td]Date the object is installed if available. This property does not need a value to indicate that the object is installed.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]LocalAccount[/td] [td]True or False if the user account is defined on the local computer.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Lockout[/td] [td]True or False if the user account is currently locked out of Windows.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Name[/td] [td]Name of the user account. This would be the same name as the "C:\Users\(user-name)" profile folder of the user account.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]PasswordChangeable[/td] [td]True or False if the password of the user account can be changed.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]PasswordExpires[/td] [td]True or False if the password of the user account expires.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]PasswordRequired[/td] [td]True or False if a password is required for the user account.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]SID[/td] [td]Security identifier (SID) for this account. A SID is a string value of variable length that is used to identify a trustee. Each account has a unique SID that an authority, such as a Windows domain, issues. The SID is stored in the security database. When a user logs on, the system retrieves the user SID from the database, places the SID in the user access token, and then uses the SID in the user access token to identify the user in all subsequent interactions with Windows security. Each SID is a unique identifier for a user or group, and a different user or group cannot have the same SID.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]SIDType[/td] [td]Enumerated value that specifies the type of SID.
    • 1 = User
    • 2 = Group
    • 3 = Domain
    • 4 = Alias
    • 5 = Well Known group
    • 6 = Deleted account
    • 7 = Invalid
    • 8 = Unknown
    • 9 = Computer
    [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Status[/td] [td]Current status of an object. Various operational and nonoperational statuses can be defined. Operational statuses include: "OK", "Degraded", and "Pred Fail", which is an element such as a SMART-enabled hard disk drive that may be functioning properly, but predicts a failure in the near future. Nonoperational statuses include: "Error", "Starting", "Stopping", and "Service", which can apply during mirror resilvering of a disk, reloading a user permissions list, or other administrative work. The values are:
    • OK
    • Error
    • Degraded
    • Unknown
    • Pred Fail
    • Starting
    • Stopping
    • Service
    • Stressed
    • NonRecover
    • No Contact
    • Lost Comm
    [/td] [/tr] [/table]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Tony K, Jan 4, 2015

2. file explorer settings issue Windows 10.

In Windows 7, the "Details" View of files allowed the user to select the specific details to be shown in the columns. In Windows 10, how can I select details to view (and/or save for next view)?

SteveCapps, Jan 4, 2015
  3. New upgrade to Microsoft 10 and I entered wrong account

Hi Alan,

Refer to the article to know how to change the email for you Microsoft Account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-email-for-your-microsoft-account

You may also try to create a new user account and the copy your favorites and files from the other user account to the new one. Refer to the articles for details:

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Refer to the section Export Favorites and Import Favorites to copy favorites from Internet Explorer 11:

Use favorites to save websites you like

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 4, 2015
  4. View User Account Details in Windows 10

I like it and it works just great.

Shawn how many hours a day do you spend righting tutorials?

Layback Bear, Jan 4, 2015
  5. Govi59 Win User
    Hi there,
    thank you for this trick *Smile
    Is it possible to get the User SID of a particular user thanks to a .bat script for instance ?

Related post : Sign-in Screen Background - Show Lock Screen Background in Windows 10
    I'm new in scripting and I try to automate many things. In my case, I would like to access directly to the good Registry Key but it depends on the SID..!

Thank you so much for all your tutorials ! \o/

Govi

Govi59, Oct 23, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Govi, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

You could use the command below to get the SID of the current user.

wmic useraccount where name='%username%' get sid

You could use the command below to get the SID of a specific user. Replace username in the command below with the actual user name of the user.

wmic useraccount where name='username' get sid

You could use the command below to get the Name and SID of all users.

wmic useraccount get name, sid

Brink, Oct 23, 2016
  7. Govi59 Win User
    Thank you very much ! *Biggrin

Govi59, Oct 23, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Oct 23, 2016
  9. AFRet96 Win User
    My command prompt initializes with x: and when I input wmic as mentioned above I get "No Instance(s) Available." Is there another way to see what User accounts I may have on my laptop?

AFRet96, Dec 8, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello AFRet96, *Smile

Is this in a command prompt at boot instead of from within Windows?

Brink, Dec 8, 2016
  11. AFRet96 Win User
    Yes it is at boot but I think I know why. My laptop has lost all the HDD data. When I diskpart list disk it shows my HDD with no storage used. I am doing a clean install now.

AFRet96, Dec 8, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you had backups and the clean install goes smoothly.

Brink, Dec 8, 2016
  13. View User Account Details in Windows 10

Hey Brink, is there any way i can get to know other user account's passwords?

idkihavenoname, Jan 20, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 20, 2017
  15. kb50 Win User
    I ran the wmic and see on my windows which is autologged in under my outlook.com email. Many of the items are not the way I want them to be. As in expires=True and so forth.
    How does one Edit the settings so that all the items are True?
    Is it in Policy Editor or someplace?

I also have no administrator account nor ANY other accounts showing. Which is fine, I have never used the Admin account, as I am the sole user, so I have no need for one.

Microsoft should offer Account Tools right from the Login screen so that one can totally control it all from there.

Thema:

1. View User Account Details in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - View User Account

2. How to allow users to view Protection History details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow users to view Protection History details: Currently, users may see recent items in Protection History, but clicking on an item in the list to see what caused the issue requires Administrator privileges. Is there a way to allow users to access the details, so they can see what took place? I.e which app/process was...
  3. How to allow users to view Protection History details

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow users to view Protection History details: Currently, users may see recent items in Protection History, but clicking on an item in the list to see what caused the issue requires Administrator privileges. Is there a way to allow users to access the details, so they can see what took place? I.e which app/process was...
  4. Details View option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details View option: In the view of the directories in Windows 10 there are a lot of different options, Large, Medium, Small... My problem is that I want to make "Details" view of my files larger. Meaning that all the info should stay there, and also listed in a "Details" view row with the...
  5. Details: AADSTS50020: User account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Details: AADSTS50020: User account: Hello, What Im trying to do is to create a multiapp kiosk for assigned access in windows 10. I read about using Microsoft Endpoint Manager Admin center . But as soon as I log-in, i get the following message: Additional information from the call to get a token:...
  6. Add details to files in the detail view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer details view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer details view: I want Windows 10 File Explorer to always show detail view, without regard to the file types. I want the default view, for any and all drives (local, thumb drives, USB drives, DVDs, etc), to be detail view. No matter what type file, the view should always be details, even...
  8. View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10: How to: View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10 How to View Detailed Display Information in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, you can now view detailed information about your display(s). Most of the information should be self-explanatory, but...
  9. View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10: How to: View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10 How to View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10 If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you....
  10. View/Choose Details

in Windows 10 Support
    View/Choose Details: In Windows 7 and earlier you could click View and "Choose Details" to customize which columns were displayed in an individual folder. Is there a way to do this in Windows 10? 45344