Windows 10: View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10

Discus and support View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10 How to View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10 Each time you upgrade Windows 10 (ex: Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10

How to: View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10

How to View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10

Each time you upgrade Windows 10 (ex: Home to Pro build upgrade[/b] of Windows 10 (ex: new build via Windows Update), this upgrade history is stored in the registry.

It can be useful to view the Windows upgrade history details to find out about previously installed builds and editions of Windows on your Windows 10 PC.

This tutorial will show you how to view the Windows upgrade history of your Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To View Windows Upgrade History in PowerShell
    • Option Two: To View Windows Upgrade History in Registry Editor

OPTION ONE [/i] To View Windows Upgrade History in PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*note This command will collect the Windows upgrade history of your PC from the registry, and assign it to $OSUpgradeHistory.

Code:
    3. Copy and paste the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter.

*note This command will display the $OSUpgradeHistory.

Code:
    4. You will now see the Windows upgrade history of your Windows 10 PC.

View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To View Windows Upgrade History in Registry Editor
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the key below in the left pane of Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup
    3. Look in the right pane of each Source OS (Updated on <date> <time>) subkey under the Setup key. Each Source OS subkey will give you the BuildBranch, CurrentBuild (build number), ProductName (edition), ReleaseID (version number), etc... upgrade history details of a previously installed Windows.

View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 17, 2016
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 27, 2019
  4. View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10

Windows 10 View Update History

There is no "View your update history" option in the Advanced option Window. Things have apparently changed since you posted this. Have another suggestion?

Bernard Corrigan, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 View Update History

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, for the late response.

I'd be glad to help you.

Unfortunately, there is no way to create a shortcut on the Desktop, to view the Windows 10 Update History.

To check the Windows Update History, then follow these steps, mentioned below:

• Type Windows update on the search bar, then, click on
      Check for updates tab.
    • Click on Advanced option under Windows Update
      tab in the Update and Security Window.
    • Click on View your update history in the
      Advanced option
      Window.
    • Check, all the Windows update KB article numbers installed in the
      View your update history Window.
    Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10

1. View Windows Upgrade History in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - View Upgrade History

2. Windows 10 updates not appearing in 'view update history' window.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 updates not appearing in 'view update history' window.: I recently received updates KB4598481 and KB4598242 while using my Surface Pro. I usually like to see if new updates have many issues before installing them but by the time I noticed the updates they were half installed. Wanting to see if I actually wanted them installed, I...
  3. view history on windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    view history on windows defender: keep getting error code 0X80010005 when I try to view history https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/view-history-on-windows-defender/438392fc-28ca-4897-9cc8-0336aae08219
  4. Task View History Window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task View History Window: Why does the taskbar history leave some of the history that can’t be removed or cleared? I have 8 that I can’t remove or clear. Seema like it keeps adding some that can’t be removed....
  5. Update history under View Update history - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update history under View Update history - Windows 10: My update history shows blank in my PC with Windows 10 for sometime. Please let me know how to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history-under-view-update-history-windows/be4df636-eef3-4357-83c9-87c30ae1ecf9
  6. View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10: How to: View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 How to View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you....
  7. View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10: How to: View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10 How to View Troubleshooting History and Details in Windows 10 If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you....
  8. View Windows Update History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Windows Update History in Windows 10: How to: View Windows Update History in Windows 10 How to View Windows Update History in Windows 10 Windows 10 is a service, which means that it is upgraded with periodic software updates. While you can manually metered connections (where charges may apply). In that...
  9. View Reliability History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Reliability History in Windows 10: How to: View Reliability History in Windows 10 How to View Reliability History in Windows 10 Reliability Monitor is an advanced tool that provides a system stability overview and details about events that impact reliability. It calculates the Stability Index shown in...
  10. View Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: View Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to View Browsing History in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...