Windows 10: View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10

Discus and support View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10 How to View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10 The performance of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10

How to: View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10

How to View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10

The performance of a wireless network connection depends greatly on its signal strength.

This tutorial will show you different ways to view the signal strength of wireless networks in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: View Signal Strength of Current Wireless Network Connection from Wireless Network icon on Taskbar
    • Option Two: View Signal Strength of Wireless Networks from Available Networks
    • Option Three: View Signal Strength of Current Wireless Network Connection in Settings
    • Option Four: View Signal Strength of Wireless Network Connection in Settings
    • Option Five: View Signal Strength of Wireless Network Connection in Network and Sharing Center
    • Option Six: View Signal Strength of Wireless Network Connection in Network Connections
    • Option Seven: View Signal Strength Percentage of Wireless Network Connections in Command Prompt
    • Option Eight: View Signal Strength Percentage of Current Wireless Network Connection in PowerShell

OPTION ONE [/i] View Signal Strength of Current Wireless Network Connection from Wireless Network icon on Taskbar
    1. Look at the Wireless Network icon on the taskbar to see the signal strength bars of your current wireless network connection. (see screenshot below)

*note The more bars you have, the stronger the signal strength.

View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] View Signal Strength of Wireless Networks from Available Networks
    1. Click/tap on the Wireless Network icon on the taskbar, and look at the signal strength bars of each available wireless network connection.

OPTION THREE [/i] View Signal Strength of Current Wireless Network Connection in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Status on the left side, and look at the signal strength bars of your current wireless network connection under "Network status" on the right side. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] View Signal Strength of Wireless Network Connection in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.

2. Click/tap on Wi-Fi on the left side, and look at the signal strength bars of a wireless network connection on the right side. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] View Signal Strength of Wireless Network Connection in Network and Sharing Center
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Network and Sharing Center icon.

2. Look at the signal strength bars of your wireless network connection. (see screenshot below)

3. If you like, you can also click/tap on the link of your wireless network connection to see its properties. (see screenshot above and below)

OPTION SIX [/i] View Signal Strength of Wireless Network Connection in Network Connections
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Network and Sharing Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Change adapter settings link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Look at the signal strength bars of your wireless network connection. (see screenshot below)

4. If you like, you can also click/tap on the wireless network connection to see its properties. (see screenshot above and below)

OPTION SEVEN [/i] View Signal Strength Percentage of Wireless Network Connections in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow netsh wlan show interfaces
    3. You will now see the Signal strength percentage of your wireless network connections.

*note The higher the percentage, the stronger the signal strength.

OPTION EIGHT [/i] View Signal Strength Percentage of Current Wireless Network Connection in PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow (netsh wlan show interfaces) -Match '^\s+Signal' -Replace '^\s+Signal\s+:\s+',''
    3. You will now see the Signal strength percentage of your current wireless network connection.

*note The higher the percentage, the stronger the signal strength.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 23, 2017
  2. Wilson T Win User

measure signal strength

It it also possible to check Wi-Fi signal strength from the taskbar too?

Wilson T, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Wilson T Win User
    View signal strength in Windows 10

Is there a way to view Wi-Fi signal strength in Windows 10 without using any third-party software?

Thanks very much View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10 :)

Wilson T, Oct 27, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Low wifi signal strength after Windows 10 update

Hi Abdul,

One of the most common reasons why your signal strength may change after an update may be due to compatibility issues. To better assist you, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• What is the current version/build of your Windows 10 computer? To check, type
      winver on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter
    • Do you have any other wireless devices at home experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you try to run the Network Troubleshooter to let Windows scan and fix any issues with your wireless connection automatically. To run the troubleshooter, type
    Network troubleshooter in the search box on the taskbar, and then select
    Identify and repair network problems from the list of results. Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Oct 27, 2019
  5. app for wireless network strength

Is there an app for Windows Phones that will show me the signal strength of my wireless network.

So I can check the strength in various areas of my home.

I was at mother in laws house and my phone seemed to work much faster on her network than it does on mine and that shouldn't be.

Arizona Willie, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 Wireless Signal Strength is vastly reduced - Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter

Hello,

I upgraded to Windows 10 several months ago, but suspect an update about a month ago broke something with my wireless adapter. While it still nominally works, it can only detect networks at extremely short range; the signal strength is vastly reduced. A
    home network in a place that used to have 3/4 bars (of 4) is now unable to connect - range has been reduced to ~ 10 feet. Work networks are similarly effected.

The laptop is a Lenovo G500 using a Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter. All drivers are up to date and solutions for other network adapters are inapplicable. Any information (or what information I should post to help troubleshoot) would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

OP - Windows 10 Wireless Signal Strength - Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter.

TomGoldstein, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. View Wireless Network Signal Strength in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - View Wireless Network

2. Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10: My wifi just keeps disconnecting time to time and it rarely even connects to any wifi. The Signal Strength is very low. My all devices can connects with wifi showing max signal strenght but windows can't why ?...
  3. Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Wifi drops, Low Signal Strength Windows 10: My wifi just keeps disconnecting time to time and it rarely even connects to any wifi. The Signal Strength is very low. My all devices can connects with wifi showing max signal strenght but windows can't why ?...
  4. Wireless wi fi signal strength low

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless wi fi signal strength low: Recently my wireless wi fi signal has got low in basement for some reason. Have the lowest end router and after contacting cox cable they said i had to many devices on wireless 2-3 they say good, i had 5, but removed 2 of them. Problem started after a rou tv was added, but it...
  5. Perfect signal strength, slow Internet

Perfect signal strength, slow Internet: Perfect signal strength still gives ridiculously slow Internet. I have tried these solutions and they are useless - reset/diagnose this and that (temporary solution until next time, not a fix) I will not even try these - reset the OS (just won't do that, period)...
  6. Signal strength mystery

Signal strength mystery: A technical mystery. It starts with a coax line that carries both a Direct TV line and a cable modem line. With a standard coax spitter, the two signals are easily divided between a Direct TV receiver and a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with no trouble. However, when I attach a...
  7. Devolo 500 Signal Strength

Devolo 500 Signal Strength: I have the following set up. Router connected to Dlan 500 duo with Cat5 cable Two dlan 500 Wifi: One located on the same floor, (Drawing Room) as the Router and one on the floor below (Xander) Using Cockpit the signal strength to Drawing Room is 200 Mbits/s and to Xander 74...
  8. Low Wi-Fi signal strength on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Low Wi-Fi signal strength on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Do you face low Wi-Fi signal strength on your Windows computer after an update or re-installation? This post talks about a few methods to fix this issue and overcome low signal strength on your computer. With our cognitive revolution, the [...] This post Low Wi-Fi...
  9. WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced.

WiFi signal strength suddenly reduced.: Hi. I am not any good with networking, so I am asking here. My WiFi router is placed at the first floor; and my entire home (two floors) was well served by it. For about a week, I was noticing that the WiFi signal strength is reducing in some rooms of the ground floor....
  10. Wifi keeps on losing signal strength

Wifi keeps on losing signal strength: So I Google Searched every possible solution and nothing really helped, I even went to the point going to the configure in Network Adapter Settings > Configure > Ticked off Allowed The Computer To Turn Off This Device To Save Power It worked For 15 minutes or so, then the...