Windows 10: Viewing a Word Doc without Office

Discus and support Viewing a Word Doc without Office in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I view and possibly print a Word Doc in Google Docs?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheresaBurk1, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Viewing a Word Doc without Office

How can I view and possibly print a Word Doc in Google Docs?

:)

TheresaBurk1, Aug 13, 2018
  2. sttubs Win User

accidental Word doc closed

I was working on a Word doc (office 2007) & accidentally closed the document. Am I totally screwed or is there a way to recall it?

sttubs, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Jon M. Win User
    How does "outline view" work in Word Mobile?

Hi tltltetd,

Regarding the query you have about Word outline view on mobile documents.

The outline view on the mobile works the same as outline view on regular word, as a link to various sections of a document. If it isn't working there are a couple of suggestions I have.

Click on the Office hub on the phone, slide across to Documents and click on Explore Word, this should open a sample word doc that tells you about how to use Word on the phone. Click on the outline icon and see if outline appears.

If the above works as it should, then create a simple word doc on your computer, maybe four paragraphs with headings, then import into Office on the phone and see if it works.

Then build up the complexity of the doc on your computer and import into the phone and see at what point the outlook view fails on the phone.

Also, bear in mind that the version of Word on the phone does have limitations and the more complex the imported doc is then all the formating may not appear on the phone.

If you think that Word on the phone needs more functionality then by all means send in your suggestions to the following link provided below.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Answers

Best regards

Jon M., Aug 13, 2018
  4. brlund007 Win User

Viewing a Word Doc without Office

Word has gone after reinstalling Windows 10 and word docs won't open

Hi Nathaniel

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes I did check for updates and updated all that was availbale. Office/Word did not appear.

There was no error message when I tried to open my docs (which showed as blanks at first) but word pad was the only program on offer when I tried to open my word docs but this didn't work either (just symbols appeared).

I checked the article you suggested. It offered me Office AT $148.

As a "getaround" I downloaded Libre Office from Linux and it opens my word docs just fine, but this does not solve my problem of course.

Any other suggestions would be welome.

Barry

brlund007, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Viewing a Word Doc without Office

1. Viewing a Word Doc without Office - Similar Threads - Viewing Word Doc

2. Word icons missing from Word docs in Office 2019

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word icons missing from Word docs in Office 2019: 1.New ThinkPad X1 Carbon with Windows 10 2.Installed Office 2010 - everything fine 3.Installed Office 2019 still all good 4.Uninstalled Word and Excel 2010 - no problems 5.After some weeks Office 2019 turned into Office 2016 and Word docs became generic plain icons but still...
  3. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  4. opening a word doc

opening a word doc: since purchasing and installing Adobe, When I open a document in word i have about 3 signs coming up - eg: File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM How do I stop this?...
  5. I am unable to open word doc or create word docs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to open word doc or create word docs: I am unable top open any Docs at all- it is like I have never had Widows 10 that is the only program I have ever had on the computer how can I fix it please? All updates and security are done...
  6. Task view no longer opens word docs in full version

Task view no longer opens word docs in full version: After an update yesterday, when I go to Task View and open a recent document it no longer opens in the full version of Word. I now have to go to the file folder to get it open in the full version. How do I get Task View to revert to open Word files as I last used them in the...
  7. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180
  8. Lost Word Doc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Word Doc: I think I just deleted my address book from Word 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-word-doc/a0657285-f937-4b2c-98f8-1bc8b30fc70b"
  9. Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting a TXT doc into a Word doc?: How do I convert a text doc into a word doc? Thanks- LB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/converting-a-txt-doc-into-a-word-doc/d8192142-066d-49d9-b2ee-c5098ea28b03
  10. how to open this doc as word doc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...