Windows 10: Viewing file explorer

Discus and support Viewing file explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Liz700_700, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Viewing file explorer

I can only see one folder in file explorer. The button to allow we to reverse the folder to the previous size has vanished so I seem to be stuck on maximum

:)

Liz700_700, Aug 26, 2018

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Viewing file explorer

How to display tile view for pictures in the File Explorer.

Hi Matthew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in files view settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on Tiles view of pictures.

1. Open File Explorer where pictures are present.

2. Right click on the blank space in the File Explorer.

3. Then click on View option from the list and choose
    Tiles.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

Viewing file explorer

1. Viewing file explorer - Similar Threads - Viewing file explorer

2. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  3. File explorer view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer view: I'm having a dummy problem. I don't "think" I have changed anything but the view I am seeing when I open File Explorer is different. I understand quick access - but previously I had my most used folders in the lower half of the left hand column. Things that were user specific...
  4. View option on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  5. View option on File Explorer

View option on File Explorer: Upon opening file explorer, I want my file explorer to go to This PC/c:/users/me/documents, like it has until recently. Apparently, an update from win 11 changed this. I don’t want to go to my Registry. This should be a simple option to choose.Changing the Folder Options...
  6. File Explorer views

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  7. File Explorer views

File Explorer views: Is there a way to save a "view" in file explorer? I prefer to see the items in a folder as a List, but every time I open a folder it has defaulted to Details so I have to change it to List.Can the List view be saved as the default?...
  8. Cannot view File Explorer

Cannot view File Explorer: Hi there, we recently got a new PC setup, it was working fine and still is but i cant seem to access file explorer anymore, I can access it through word but can only open word documents ect, when I try to click on it or any file it opens it and you can hover on the icon and...
  9. File explorer and view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer and view: I have created a map and set the view as Small icons. When I try to follow instructions and define a view for this map it will beset for all other views. I do not like to see other maps as View > Properties not as small icons. It is very annoying. How to manage view...
  10. file explorer view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer view options: View layout options are not showing in file explorer. This means when looking at pictures I change the current selection, eg from large icon to extra large, or to details to see when the photos were downloaded from my camera. How can I restore the layout options?...