Windows 10: Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos

Discus and support Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I'm an amateur photographer and I shoot all my images in RAW. When viewing them via Photos it loads the image but then changes after a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ahumanerror, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos

Hi.

I'm an amateur photographer and I shoot all my images in RAW. When viewing them via Photos it loads the image but then changes after a few seconds. The brightness, contrast, and colours will change. I don't want it doing this, not only does it slow down browsing left/right between images I want to see my images natural how I took them for post processing.

I have read about an auto enhancement "feature" that's enabled by default but the option is no longer there. But curiously when I open the image after I save it to JPG it doesn't seem to change anything, and simply opens them how it should.

Why is it changing just my raw files? Is there some way it deals with these differently?

Thanks.

:)

ahumanerror, Jun 29, 2018

2. How to view canon raw files 80D on Windows 10?

Hi Apetala,

We would require additional information for better clarity on the issue.

As these are raw files, they might not be supported on Window Photo Viewer. You may try using Windows 10 Photos App to check if it helps. Further I suggest you to download the utility software for the Canon camera on the computer, which might allow
    you to view and access the raw picture files.

Hope you are able to access the raw images. Do
    get back in case you need further help.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jun 29, 2018
  3. KevinF1.1 Win User
    so how do I view a RAW file in photos?

KevinF1.1, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos

The built in Photos app should have the necessary codecs to view RAW photos.

If you can’t already open Raw images in Windows 10, you’ll need to install a Raw image codec that supports your camera model. For example, this Sony Raw Driver (http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/downloa...)
    enables you to open Raw photos captured with supported Sony cameras. The best place to look for a codec is usually the manufacturer’s website. However, you might also find the codec required at Codecs.com (Codecs.com : Download best multimedia tools).
    Enter the keyword ‘Raw codecs’ in the site’s search box to search for codecs that open Raw photos.

You can also open Raw photos with numerous third-party image viewers. FastStone Image Viewer is one program that supports Canon, Sony, Adobe, Nikon, Panasonic and Olympus Raw file formats. Click download on this website page to save the software’s installer
    to Windows, and open its setup wizard to install the program. Then open Image Viewer, browse to the folder that includes the Raw photos and select a picture to view.

Download FastStone Image Viewer

Andre Da Costa, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos

1. Viewing RAW files in Windows Photos - Similar Threads - Viewing RAW files

2. When I view raw photo files in windows 11 why cant I rotate to view the photo correctly?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I view raw photo files in windows 11 why cant I rotate to view the photo correctly?...: Why is the rotate option not working for raw photo files? It worked on my computer a few weeks ago. Now when I want to view my photos in a file the raw portrait photo shows normal at first. Then when I click on it to open it changes to horizontal. What can I do to fix this. I...
  3. When I view raw photo files in windows 11 why cant I rotate to view the photo correctly?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I view raw photo files in windows 11 why cant I rotate to view the photo correctly?...: Why is the rotate option not working for raw photo files? It worked on my computer a few weeks ago. Now when I want to view my photos in a file the raw portrait photo shows normal at first. Then when I click on it to open it changes to horizontal. What can I do to fix this. I...
  4. RAW Photos in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAW Photos in Photos App: Hello,I am a photographer and I shoot into Camera Raw .Cr2 format. Because I shoot massive amounts of photos, I use the photos app to quickly view and select the photos I want to bring into post production. However, the automatic correction has been messing with many of my...
  5. Viewing RAW Camera Photos in Windows 10 Problematic.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing RAW Camera Photos in Windows 10 Problematic.: I recently was forced from my Windows 7 to a 6gb dedicated gaming PC due to the discontinuation in the release for updates for Windows 7.I moved to Windows 10, but using Camera Raw photos, previewing them has been so problematic.What I have noticed:1. There is no process,...
  6. Raw File in MS Photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Raw File in MS Photo: How can I update MS Photo to read the raw files from a Canon 5D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raw-file-in-ms-photo/9e8b63d4-1dc1-4917-a17d-91c4950ee15c
  7. raw file photo storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    raw file photo storage: hi. advise plz.. am a hobby photographer and recently decided to try shooting raw. apx 20 pics went to my windows 10 photo storage edit and my pc just cdnt handle them .hp 570 tower 64 bit ..intel 5 I think..my pc completely slowed down . if I opened photos then clicked a raw...
  8. How to open and view RAW files on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to open and view RAW files on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The RAW image file format contains a minimal amount of processed data from the camera hardware and hence brings in high quality and more detailed images. This is the reason RAW image files are usually very high in size. If [...] This post How to open and...
  9. Viewing Olympus Raw photo files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viewing Olympus Raw photo files: I am running windows 10 home, version 1803 and can't view my raw photos in Photo. I have tried to download the the codec but one doesn't appear to exist for W10. I want to be able to open my raw photos without going to my olympus view. How can this be done. This has been...
  10. RAW Photo files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAW Photo files: Just recently upgraded a PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. This PC will be used strictly for photo processing mostly using Lightroom and Photoshop. Neither Photos or Windows Photo Viewer will open the RAW files on this particular PC. I have three other PC's that have been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. raw images look wierd in windows photos

2. view raw images app container

3. windows photo viewer turns raw photos pink

4. can you view raw photos with windows photo viewer,
  5. how to access raw file in photos app windows,
  6. update photo to display raw files,
  7. look at raw files windows 10,
  8. i loaded all my raw photos and opened in windows photos and it wont save my esits,
  9. windows photo raw file,
  10. google view raw images windows 7,
  11. look at raw photots in windows,
  12. raw files rotate in windows viewer,
  13. photos opens raw files then rotates,
  14. how do i view raw photos on windows,
  15. why is windows 10 rotating raw files in photos app