Windows 10: Viewing video in facebook and youtube

Discus and support Viewing video in facebook and youtube in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I've recently started having problems viewing videos in facebook and some on you tube although sound is ok, tried uninstalling flash and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rwsadd, Feb 22, 2018.

1. rwsadd Win User

Viewing video in facebook and youtube

Hi everyone.
    I've recently started having problems viewing videos in facebook and some on you tube although sound is ok, tried uninstalling flash and re-installing to no avail (running chrome browser).
    In edge browser videos can be viewed but sound varies between none to strange noises, don't know if this is a win10 issue or browser issue or what else.
    All settings are correct and everything was ok up to a couple of weeks ago, when I first scroll window down video appears momentarily with start arrow ready until video is fully in window then large black and grey rectangular areas appear over video (varying sizes) which are still there if full screen is selected.
    I've included picture of typical video on facebook.
    If anyone can advise I'd be very grateful.
    Richard

:)

rwsadd, Feb 22, 2018

2. Can't view Youtube or any videos on the internet.

Hey,

whenever i want to view a video on Facebook or YouTube, it keeps saying "Sorry your phone cannot open this type of file" but in the past few months I've viewed videos daily on YouTube & Facebook. Even when i try viewing videos that I've watched long ago
    on my phone on YouTube, it still can't open. I know data isn't an issue and WiFi connection works fine.

Anyone know why this is happening? Help a poor windows friend out Viewing video in facebook and youtube :(

taleihalofaki, Feb 22, 2018
  3. SpEd79 Win User
    Nokia Lumia 1520 Errors while trying to watch videos

I get an error code of 80040154 when I try to view a video off of facebook that is not a YouTube video. Is this normal??

SpEd79, Feb 22, 2018
  4. torre Win User

Did you check your sound and display drivers ?

Check to see if they are the latest from your OEM. Asus ?

torre, Feb 23, 2018
  5. rwsadd Win User
    Hi
    Thank you for the reply, I've gone into device manager and tried search online for update to my card, as always just says windows determined I have latest driver.
    Tried googling for driver but getting above my head now, I'm running 64bit win 10 and the card is an ATI Radeon 4300/4500 series.
    Basically don't understand what I'm looking for or how to update it if I found it!
    Regards
    Richard

rwsadd, Feb 23, 2018
  6. TairikuOkami, Feb 23, 2018
  7. rwsadd Win User
    First video (H.264/MP4) has sound no picture, second video (WebM) has picture no sound and last (Ogg/Theora)
    has has both.
    Sorry don't really know what to do with this info' (not very bright) some you tube videos are fine but not others even my own () which I only put on there the other night won't work now even though did then, don't know what's changed since then?

rwsadd, Feb 23, 2018
  8. rwsadd Win User

Well a lot of water has gone under the bridge since last post, PC has been in Anglian Internet (Norwich for other issues which are gone) mother board drivers are up to date and PC checks out perfectly.
    Whilst there they looked at this problem with youtube videos and ran several videos all morning and had no problem (told them it wasn't all videos on there) frustrating thing is all mine are like this)), graphic driver only supports up to Win8 and although I will be replacing card I'm not holding breath as this problem has only come on recently and was OK for a long while on Win 10 before it started.
    Probably look at another sound card as well although some videos again are fine.
    I've now installed FireFox which shows videos but seems to have sound problems on some, FireFox has some other issues as well with pages sometimes being broken up with bits missing.
    One other problem I have is with MS Outlook email program, although I've tried every setting to allow showing pictures/thumb nails, it won't show any eBay or Amazon thumb nails and have to open everything to see what it is, again this used to work.
    Can't help wondering if the "Windows Creators fall update has messed everything up? thinking maybe a Mac would be good.
    To summarize 'still frustrated'.
    Tried on my Samsung S7 to see if it is a server thing but everything's fine on that through same router, same provider.

rwsadd, Mar 17, 2018
  9. TairikuOkami, Mar 17, 2018
  10. Berton Win User
    Berton, Mar 17, 2018
  11. rwsadd Win User
    Thank you for this don't really feel confident with this, do I install all? will they sort codecs like directX if not how do I find these and install?

rwsadd, Mar 17, 2018
  12. rwsadd Win User
    Thank you, I have VLC however do you mean download videos and play on that? don't really want to download every video I may want to watch.

rwsadd, Mar 17, 2018
  13. Viewing video in facebook and youtube

TairikuOkami, Mar 17, 2018
  14. Bree New Member
    Did you know that VLC can play videos streamed direct from YouTube? There's no need to download first. Just try to watch the video on YouTube then copy its url, it looks like this:

In VLC, use: Media > Open Network Stream... (keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+N), paste the url there and click the Play button.

15. rwsadd Win User
    OH thanks I'll have a go at that

rwsadd, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Viewing video in facebook and youtube - Similar Threads - Viewing video facebook

2. wifi keeps disconnecting when using youtube or playing videos on facebook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi keeps disconnecting when using youtube or playing videos on facebook: hey. i have a big problem whenever i try to watch youtube or do other heavy stuf, my internet then just suddenly disconects. i have tried multiple things without any successLike i've tried a lot of things but it still keeps happening. i don't know when this started to happen...
  3. wifi keeps disconnecting when using youtube or playing videos on facebook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi keeps disconnecting when using youtube or playing videos on facebook: hey. i have a big problem whenever i try to watch youtube or do other heavy stuf, my internet then just suddenly disconects. i have tried multiple things without any successLike i've tried a lot of things but it still keeps happening. i don't know when this started to happen...
  4. wifi keeps disconnecting when using youtube or playing videos on facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Audio voice is not sync with youtube or Facebook video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio voice is not sync with youtube or Facebook video: How do I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-voice-is-not-sync-with-youtube-or-facebook/826a4d18-e444-404d-8559-a79ce192f4d4
  6. youtube videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    youtube videos: For some reason when I click on to watch a youtube video it gives me this message. The address wasn’t understood Firefox doesn’t know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (rtsp) isn’t associated with any program or is not allowed in this context....
  7. video on facebook

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video on facebook: how do I switch on the video and microphone on facebook calls. It used to work just fine , now it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-on-facebook/3dd085d6-5dfe-4425-aa87-5d6cacc6ff97
  8. Online videos (YouTube, Facebook, etc.) are extremely ZOOMED IN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Online videos (YouTube, Facebook, etc.) are extremely ZOOMED IN: I got an updated from Windows 10 a few months ago and on all online videos (YouTube, Facebook, etc.) are extremely ZOOMED IN (…and only show a small fraction of the whole screen). Everywhere I turn I see… 1) I got the same issues and 2) NO resolution to the problem. HELP!...
  9. Can't view videos on facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Can't view videos on facebook: I can view videos on youtube perfectly fine. However, when I try to view a video on facebook it tells me I need to install Adobe Flash Player. When I click on "Install Adobe" it redirects me to a page that says I already have windows 10 and flash player is integrated into...
  10. BSOD viewing youtube and facebook videos - Runs fine on most games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD viewing youtube and facebook videos - Runs fine on most games.: Hey all, I have been experiencing a BSOD for months now whilst viewing facebook videos, and youtube videos. IT also happens when I load some games such as Kings of men, but runs CS GO for example go at 190+ fps perfectly fine (and most games at 60 fps) . I cannot for the...