Windows 10: viirtualbox/XPmode - how do i "activate" virt XP ?

Discus and support viirtualbox/XPmode - how do i "activate" virt XP ? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; running win 10 home, installed virtualbox, used XPmode, got my single must-have ancient piece of software running. how do i "activate" my version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by dinosaur, Nov 21, 2017.

1. dinosaur Win User

viirtualbox/XPmode - how do i "activate" virt XP ?

running win 10 home, installed virtualbox, used XPmode, got my single must-have ancient piece of software running.

how do i "activate" my version of virtual XPmode ?

a valid key is contained in the microsoft XPmode download itself...no problem with having the key.

i just dont know how to do it since there is no "support" for XP anymore

do i need to somehow set up internet access within XPmode ? if so, could someone point me to some simple instructions ?
    would internet activation even work with no ms support for xp ?

i have already found and downloaded the XP 32 bit ethernet driver from microsoft --- the internet connection i use in win 10 home is a usb device which shows up as an ethernet connection

is there a registry modification i could use for win 10 home registry ? does xpmode have a "registry" ?

:)

dinosaur, Nov 21, 2017
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Nov 21, 2017
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Nov 21, 2017
  4. LMiller7 Win User

I don't think this can be done legally.

XPmode was specifically designed for Windows 7 Pro and higher editions only. The key in XPmode is only valid with these editions. This is a licensing issue. Windows 7 home editions and all versions of Windows 8 and Windows 10 do not qualify.

LMiller7, Nov 21, 2017
  5. matfx Win User
    The license key of XPMode is not transferable, so no way you can activate it on Windows 10 machine with virtualbox.

matfx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. viirtualbox/XPmode - how do i "activate" virt XP ? - Similar Threads - viirtualbox XPmode activate

2. How can I activate windows XP.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate windows XP.: How can I activate windows XP. I still like to use XP for Games, And Some of the old software that ran on it. Can I just get an activation code. Buy a code. For activation....
  3. How can I activate windows XP.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I activate windows XP.: How can I activate windows XP. I still like to use XP for Games, And Some of the old software that ran on it. Can I just get an activation code. Buy a code. For activation....
  4. How do I Activate Win XP on VM Workstation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Activate Win XP on VM Workstation?: O.K. it's old hat, but I need XP. When the dialogue appears, it won't connect with the Internet. So I try the telephone bit. It only comes up with Win 10.I've done this procedure with every pc that I put XP on as a virtual. It's installed from a disk [not downloaded from the...
  5. How do I Activate Win XP on VM Workstation?

How do I Activate Win XP on VM Workstation?: O.K. it's old hat, but I need XP. When the dialogue appears, it won't connect with the Internet. So I try the telephone bit. It only comes up with Win 10.I've done this procedure with every pc that I put XP on as a virtual. It's installed from a disk [not downloaded from the...
  6. How to Activate Windows XP Guide!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Activate Windows XP Guide!: Even though Microsoft has ended support for Windows XP, there are still reasons people like yourself and myself need to use it. Upon finishing the installation you will have to activate it, which is cumbersome but very easy.On the activation page where you will either have a...
  7. How to Activate Windows XP Guide!

How to Activate Windows XP Guide!: Even though Microsoft has ended support for Windows XP, there are still reasons people like yourself and myself need to use it. Upon finishing the installation you will have to activate it, which is cumbersome but very easy.On the activation page where you will either have a...
  8. Windows VM V2V (Virt to Virt) conversion KVM to and from VMWare

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows VM V2V (Virt to Virt) conversion KVM to and from VMWare: Hi there The easiest way to achieve converting a Windows VM from (or to) KVM / VMWare is to forget about the VMWare's conversion software -- doesn't really work satisfactorily and takes forever to run is simply to do the following a) From KVM to VMWare (or even to a Real...
  9. virtualbox/xpmode - vmlite pcbios.bin

virtualbox/xpmode - vmlite pcbios.bin: Jiggering search terms, I found these 2 links: Long Live WindowsXp/Run XP in a Virtual Box for free - Ashwani Kumar VMLite XP Mode Plugin for VirtualBox and Virtutal Box 4.0 - VMLite I did not create another virtual xpmode, i just applied pcbios.bin to the one I...
  10. virtualbox/xpmode - snapshots as activation workaround ?

virtualbox/xpmode - snapshots as activation workaround ?: First of all, I apologize for the multiple postings - I don't get to spend as much time learning this new stuff as I would like. Since I cannot "activate" my working XPmode, is the VirtualBox snapshot function a solid workaround ? Just create a snapshot NOW, and every few...