Windows 10: Virtual Box Error

Discus and support Virtual Box Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys! I was trying to install Windows XP (also does the same for Windows 7) in Virtual Box within Windows 10, but there is an error before I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeadSonRisingxD, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Virtual Box Error

Hey guys!

I was trying to install Windows XP (also does the same for Windows 7) in Virtual Box within Windows 10, but there is an error before I can even open to ISO file.

Here are the settings I had set it in.

• Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit
    • 756MB RAM
    • Virtual Hard Drive of 20GB (VirtualBox Disk Image) (Dynamically allowcated)

Then I start the virtual machine. It asked me to boot from a drive or an image, I then clicked to search for the ISO file, but before Windows Explorer comes up I get an error message.

"Failed to open the session for virtual machine Windows XP. The virtual machine was aborted"
    Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005) Component: SessionMachine Interface: ISession {12f4dcdb-12b2-4ec1-b7cd-ddd9f6c5bf4d}
    If anyone could help me with this problem, would be very much appricated!

Thanks, Ryan

:)

DeadSonRisingxD, Jul 31, 2015

2. Virtual Box error in windows10

Yes, you can.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Virtual Box error in windows10

I have downloaded virtual box from virtualbox.org on my windows 10 laptop 4 time I have downloaded even then the virtual box is showing its prematurely stopped try again and in status its showing rolling back action please anyone help I need to download
    because of it my Geny motion emulator is not working. please help me out I have tried may but doesn't work please give any suggestion.

kadiamsrujana, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Virtual Box Error

1. Virtual Box Error - Similar Threads - Virtual Box Error

2. virtual box Win10Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    virtual box Win10Pro: can someone help me to activate the virtual box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-box-win10pro/dcfe206c-ebc6-4ab1-bdf1-b65d97a181df
  3. Virtual Box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virtual Box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 HP laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session for the virtual machine Windows 10 VM" in Windows 10. Can you tell me what to do, step by step?...
  4. Virtual Box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 HP laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session for the virtual machine Windows 10 VM" in Windows 10. Can you tell me what to do, step by step?...
  5. Virtual box

Virtual box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session" in ubuntu 20.04. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-box/335c9c84-7962-42f2-9ae6-758b64c9ccd4
  6. virtual box

virtual box: when i restart or turn of windows 10 i see that virtual box is starting in background. but i can not find any app named this . how can i uninstall this virtual box. i did not install this app....
  7. Virtual box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual box: Hello I am installing windows XP pro on my surface. The surface has Windows 10 pro. I am using Virtual box as I need winxp for a legacy software package that no longer supports newer versions of windows. Anyway, I have VB installed, win xp installed, however when I try...
  8. Virtual box on 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual box on 10: Just been watching some YouTube videos on the Oracle Virtual box set up and just as matter of curiosity can a virtual box with Windows 7 be run on an install of 10 using an external drive?? Because it seems to me it is very like running the Linux Mint MATE from a stick in...
  9. Virtual Box 4.3.26

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Box 4.3.26: Trying to install VB on windows 10 pro 10074 and it encounters an error and then backs out of the install. VMPlayer seems ok. Is there some problem with VB on the 10074 build? Shipinomore 5996
  10. Virtual Box & Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Virtual Box & Activation: I've installed Windows 10 in VirtualBox before upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 on my 2 PCs. How can I activate the clean install test copy of Windows 10 in the VM? I have a retail product code for Windows 8 but this doesnt work. I also don't want to affect the activation...