Windows 10: Virtual Box Not Working On 10 But Works On 7

Discus and support Virtual Box Not Working On 10 But Works On 7 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Whenever I load an OS in virtual box it comes up with: Cannot detect the USB writing speed. System fail to boot up. I know by fact that nothing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by ManyBreads, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Virtual Box Not Working On 10 But Works On 7

Whenever I load an OS in virtual box it comes up with: Cannot detect the USB writing speed. System fail to boot up.

I know by fact that nothing is wrong with this laptop. On 7 I could load anything without any error. Can someone please help me in making this work?

:)

ManyBreads, Jan 17, 2016
  2. JohnOli Win User

Win 7 Key works on Win 10 but not on Win 7.

I dont have a Windows 7 backup as I have factory reset my pc and dont think I ever did a backup. Also I cant download the Win 7 ISO file so I cannot do a clean install it.

JohnOli, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Win 7 Key works on Win 10 but not on Win 7.

Thank you for your response. Since you can't do a clean install and restore, and your product key is not working, we suggest contacting our Accounts and billing department as these kinds of issues with product keys are best handled by them. You can either
    schedule a call, chat with one of our chat representative or have them call you back. Refer on this
    link on how you can contact them.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Jan 17, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Virtual Box Not Working On 10 But Works On 7

Not directly solving your issue, but I had some issues with virtualbox a while back, and switched to vmware workstation player, and that worked first time.

cereberus, Jan 18, 2016
  5. Interesting. I will try this and see if this works.

ManyBreads, Jan 18, 2016
  6. The same error on VM player as on Virtual Box. I am starting too doubt this OS upgrade.

ManyBreads, Jan 18, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    What are you trying to do?

cereberus, Jan 18, 2016
  8. Virtual Box Not Working On 10 But Works On 7

I am trying to run RemixOS in vmplayer or virtual box and I am getting the error mentioned above.

ManyBreads, Jan 18, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    Please try to explain in more detail.

Is your virtual machine stored locally or on a USB drive or stick? Please say exactly where it is (for example it is in "C:\Users\Fred\Virtual Machines\My VM" or "G:\My VM" where G is my USB drive.

What exactly is the error?

If you are using VirtualBox please upload the log file - every time you try to start a VM it will make a log file in C:\Users\Fred\.VirtualBox\YourVM\Logs\vbox.log. See Chapter*12.*Troubleshooting

(I don't know about VMWare but presumably they make one also).

10. Don't give up. my Vbox works fine in 10 with various Linux distros. 10 isn't the problem.

wreckwriter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Virtual Box Not Working On 10 But Works On 7

1. Virtual Box Not Working On 10 But Works On 7 - Similar Threads - Virtual Box Working

2. Virtualization enabled but not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtualization enabled but not working: This just started happening after a restart last night I tried uninstalling all updates from the past week to no avail. Any application that requires hardware virtualization no longer works Such as Google Play Games Beta.Things I have tried:Restoring from a previous point...
  3. virtual agent is not working.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    virtual agent is not working.: HelloI just upgraded my pc hardware and i am having issue with my w10 key and virtual agent is no help because it just keeps loading.Is there any way to fix this?...
  4. Virtual Box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virtual Box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 HP laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session for the virtual machine Windows 10 VM" in Windows 10. Can you tell me what to do, step by step?...
  5. Virtual Box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 HP laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session for the virtual machine Windows 10 VM" in Windows 10. Can you tell me what to do, step by step?...
  6. Virtual box

Virtual box: Can someone help me, I'm having a problem in the virtual box in my windows 10 laptop it said it's a "failure to open a session" in ubuntu 20.04. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-box/335c9c84-7962-42f2-9ae6-758b64c9ccd4
  7. virtual box

virtual box: when i restart or turn of windows 10 i see that virtual box is starting in background. but i can not find any app named this . how can i uninstall this virtual box. i did not install this app....
  8. Virtual Machines(in Virtual Box) and MEMU not working while Hyper-V was enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Machines(in Virtual Box) and MEMU not working while Hyper-V was enabled: Hi, I have installed Visual Studio this week to try out Xamarin.Android. While launching the android emulator I was asked by Visual Studio to enabled the Hyper-V. What I did and I was able to launch the default Xamarin.Android project without any problem. But then I notice...
  9. Virtual box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual box: Hello I am installing windows XP pro on my surface. The surface has Windows 10 pro. I am using Virtual box as I need winxp for a legacy software package that no longer supports newer versions of windows. Anyway, I have VB installed, win xp installed, however when I try...
  10. Virtual box on 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual box on 10: Just been watching some YouTube videos on the Oracle Virtual box set up and just as matter of curiosity can a virtual box with Windows 7 be run on an install of 10 using an external drive?? Because it seems to me it is very like running the Linux Mint MATE from a stick in...