Windows 10: Virtual Desktop - Skype IM popping up on alternate Virtual Desktop

Discus and support Virtual Desktop - Skype IM popping up on alternate Virtual Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, please forgive me if this has already been asked, I have run a search on "Virtual Desktop" but found almost 2000 results. If I have 2 virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tedward, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Tedward Win User

Virtual Desktop - Skype IM popping up on alternate Virtual Desktop

Hi, please forgive me if this has already been asked, I have run a search on "Virtual Desktop" but found almost 2000 results.

If I have 2 virtual desktops VD1 and VD2 for explanation sake.

I have various items open on both VD1 and VD2, VD1 is a project I'm working on and VD2 is fun/social.

One of the items running on VD2 is Skype, but while I'm working on my project I don't want Skype bothering me. However, when somebody sends me an IM it pops up on the taskbar in VD1 and distracts me from whatever I'm doing.

I'm sure this happens with more than just Skype (but I haven't noticed yet). Is there anyway to instruct Windows not to allow VD crossovers?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Tedward, Sep 19, 2015
  2. Endi75 Win User

virtual desktops and notifications from hidden desktop

hi

on hidden virtual desktop application
    sometimes shows an error. This error
    pops up on my current virtual desktop.
    Is not that a mistake? Second observation: application
    launches another application on a hidden
    virtual desktop. This application runs on
    my active desktop and interferes with
    work!

Endi75, Sep 19, 2015
  3. A. G.2015 Win User
    Unwanted pop-up

The MS alert message "Windows 10: It’s time to review your privacy settings to get ready for the next update ..... " appears in and overlays my work in my current window. This message box "take over" my current window and I can not delete of it. When
    I open a new Virtual Desktop, it pops up there too. I have tried opening multiple Virtual Desktops then done a computer re-start. And sometimes the message box will pop up and stay in the first Virtual Desktop but at other times it infects all the Virtual
    Desktops. How can I delete this message box.

A. G.2015, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

Virtual Desktop - Skype IM popping up on alternate Virtual Desktop

1. Virtual Desktop - Skype IM popping up on alternate Virtual Desktop - Similar Threads - Virtual Desktop Skype

2. Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Desktops: Hi there, With the new windows update, I am unable to create new virtual desktops using keyboard shortcuts and task view, as well as being unable to switch between them. Would like a fix, please....
  3. virtual desktop

virtual desktop: hello im trying to tern off virtual desktop when i miss click the win key and tap i did try regedit to disable it and i did try Gpedit.msc i heat this virtual desktop and i need help even if u can help me deleted i will appreciated...
  4. virtual desktops

virtual desktops: I want to use a virtual desktop for some of my apps that I currently have on my main desktop. I do not know how to move the apps from the main desktop to the virtual one. Please help....
  5. Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Desktops: Hi is there a way to open a program like Adobe Acrobat Reader in two separate virtual desktops. I am trying to separate two projects and both require pdfs to view and whenever I try and open a new adobe window in the second desktop. I just open Adobe on the first desktop....
  6. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: I just created a second virtual desktop, but all I get out of it is a mirror image of the original desktop. Whatever I do on one shows up on the other. How can I make the desktops independent of each other? Thanks, Bill...
  7. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: I have created more than 13 000 virtual desktops (don't ask how and why, because I can), and my computer works slow. How can I close all this desktops in one click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-desktops/6b930387-6d82-4d5b-8580-1e84356b20c1
  8. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...
  9. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: When I open an App, i.e. Excel, on one Virtual Desktop and then try and open an excel doc. from file explorer on a second virtual desktop the doc opens up and switches views to the original virtual desktop making using virtual desktops frustrating and time consuming. Is...
  10. An alternative virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An alternative virtual desktop: Hello, I'd just like to reccommend my (free) software to you: Desktop Panorama - a free virtual desktop for Windows 10 It's a panoramic virtual desktop that works on Windows 10 and there isn't a software like it. And also it's been tested from 2008. and should work...