Windows 10: Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

Discus and support Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops. I'll explain it step by step : Go to virtual desktop 1 Open full windowed Chrome Go to virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Derty, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Derty Win User

Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops.

I'll explain it step by step :

Go to virtual desktop 1
    Open full windowed Chrome
    Go to virtual desktop 2
    Open two different full windowed excels
    Hit windows-tab

And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a screenshot.

If you click on destktop 3 icon, you'll be there, but excel will be shown, full windowed, as if you were on desktop 2.
    If you then minimize it, it goes to the desktop 2 taskbar.

If you click on desktop 1 icon, you'll get there, but excels will be shown instead of Chrome. If you put the mouse over desktop 1 icon and then click Chrome above virtual desktops, you'll get to desktop 1 with Chrome being shown as normal.

If you close one of the two excels, virtual desktops works again as expected.

What can I test to solve this mess?

Thanx a lot, I've been expecting a fix in every new compilation, with no luck.

César

:)

Derty, Jul 6, 2017
  2. HDMR Win User

Major Taskbar/Virtual Desktop Bug

There is a very annoying bug with the virtual desktop feature and the taskbar app icons.

The problem occurs when you rearrange the order of apps on the taskbar, e.g., there are 5 apps on the taskbar and i move the first app to the end, i.e., move from position 1 to position 5

Now, if i create a virtual desktop (desktop 2) and go to that desktop, and then go back to my original desktop (desktop 1), the app i moved from position 1 to position 5 has moved back to position 1 by itself. Its original position.

I do not want to pin the app, because that pinned app will show on virtual desktop 2.

Please Microsoft fix this! I want to be able to rearrange taskbar apps without them changing position when switching between virtual desktops. And i want to be able to do this without having to pin the app. Or at least, not having that pinned app show on
    other virtual desktops i create!

HDMR, Jul 6, 2017
  3. Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 Tablet Mode Not Showing

Hi Prithvi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you post the query on Microsoft TechNet forum as

We have experts working on such issues. You can refer to the link to post the same query on TechNet:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 6, 2017
  4. Derty Win User

Well, is it really related to 'Virtualization'? -as it was moved here by staff-

It has nothing in common with VMs, and the fact that W10 has many desktops doesn't make any virtualization, isn't it? I'm referring here to multiple desktops, with no virtual machines involved in any way.

Thanx in advance.

Derty, Jul 24, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Right click on a particular thumbnail and uncheck the appropriate item:

Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 24, 2017
  6. Derty Win User
    It was already unchecked. In fact, first instance of Excel doesn't behave this way.

Derty, Jul 25, 2017
  7. Derty Win User
    Where can I submit this bug, to be checked by someone who can fix it?

Derty, Aug 9, 2017
  8. lx07 Win User

Excel has always acted weird (compared to other programs). Its Windows seem to act as new instances rather than windows within the same.

Correct - this is nothing to do with virtualization. It just has Virtual in the title so perhaps that is why it was incorrectly moved.

Best bet is to contact MS directly as it seems to be Excel related as I can recreate it with Excel but not other programs (even Word works OK).

lx07, Aug 9, 2017
  9. Derty Win User
    Nice, I'll do.

Thanx for the test and for the reply!

Derty, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops - Similar Threads - Virtual Desktops showing

2. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop: Usually, I have 3 virtual desktops active. The applications I use are as follows. Workspace 1 - IDE, Obsidian Workspace 2 - Firefox Workspace 3 - Discord, SpotifyEvery time I turn up my laptop, I start them manually and put them into the correct workspaces. I want them to...
  3. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop: Usually, I have 3 virtual desktops active. The applications I use are as follows. Workspace 1 - IDE, Obsidian Workspace 2 - Firefox Workspace 3 - Discord, SpotifyEvery time I turn up my laptop, I start them manually and put them into the correct workspaces. I want them to...
  4. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. every virtual desktop shows every app !!! why??

every virtual desktop shows every app !!! why??: Hi all Is it me or has W10 H2 degraded the virtual desktop feature? Let me explain the current situation. - I have two virtual desktops let’s call them desktopA and desktopB. - From within desktopA I open apps appA1, appA2 and appA3. - From within desktopB, I open apps...
  6. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Hi there, With the new windows update, I am unable to create new virtual desktops using keyboard shortcuts and task view, as well as being unable to switch between them. Would like a fix, please....
  7. Virtual Desktop -- Show this window on SOME desktops

Virtual Desktop -- Show this window on SOME desktops: I know how to show a window in all desktops when using virtual desktops, but what I want is to show a window in SOME virtual desktops. EX: I want desktop 1 to be my web browser. I want desktop 2 and 3 to be a powerpoint presentation. EX: I want desktop 1 to be presenter...
  8. Disable "show desktop" for certain apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable "show desktop" for certain apps?: I'm using NoteBot as my sticky-note app, mostly because the default sticky note app displays each sticky note as a seperate window for some reason, making task-switching a nightmare. However when I use the show desktop command, all of my windows are hidden, including the...
  9. virtual desktop

virtual desktop: hello im trying to tern off virtual desktop when i miss click the win key and tap i did try regedit to disable it and i did try Gpedit.msc i heat this virtual desktop and i need help even if u can help me deleted i will appreciated...
  10. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...