Windows 10: Virtual Keyboard vs. Handwriting Panel?

Discus and support Virtual Keyboard vs. Handwriting Panel? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Tablet Mode. when you need to enter text sometimes the virtual keyboard pops up and sometimes the handwriting panel (is that what it's called?) pops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DavidZ, Dec 22, 2015.

1. DavidZ Win User

Virtual Keyboard vs. Handwriting Panel?

In Tablet Mode. when you need to enter text sometimes the virtual keyboard pops up and sometimes the handwriting panel (is that what it's called?) pops up. What determines which one pops up? I'd rather get the virtual keyboard every time. Is there a setting for that?

:)

DavidZ, Dec 22, 2015

2. Widows 10 - how do i turn off handwriting recognition and show onscreen keyboard by default

Not giving the user the choice of a keyboard vs handwriting recognition is preposterous. Is there anyway to send MS feedback about this?

BhargavNarayanan, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Has anyone figured out how to turn off default handwriting panel and set the default to touch keyboard?

If anyone from Microsoft monitors these forums, I wonder if they could answer why MS removed the settings so a tablet user can default to keyboard vs handwriting panel. Who uses handwriting panels except for FedEx and UPS drivers?

ToddDonald, Dec 22, 2015
Thema:

Virtual Keyboard vs. Handwriting Panel?

1. Virtual Keyboard vs. Handwriting Panel? - Similar Threads - Virtual Keyboard Handwriting

2. How to keep the touch keyboard and handwriting panel OPEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep the touch keyboard and handwriting panel OPEN: Hello,I want the mini keyboard to be always ON and visible floating on the Desktop just like on the picture. By default, the keyboard pops up when typing and hides when you click on something.I want it to be fixed at all times on the desktop.I have a surface pro 3 i7 on...
  3. How to keep the touch keyboard and handwriting panel OPEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep the touch keyboard and handwriting panel OPEN: Hello,I want the mini keyboard to be always ON and visible floating on the Desktop just like on the picture. By default, the keyboard pops up when typing and hides when you click on something.I want it to be fixed at all times on the desktop.I have a surface pro 3 i7 on...
  4. Handwriting Panel Lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  5. Handwriting Panel Lost?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  6. Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Handwriting panel: The handwriting panel either disappears, or what ever am an trying to write on disappears if I rest my hand on the screen to write. I don't see any palm reject settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handwriting-panel/cc4a1e0e-a035-4b74-9573-1b0840d93819
  7. Is it normal for “touch keyboard and handwriting panel” service interfering with typing in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it normal for “touch keyboard and handwriting panel” service interfering with typing in...: Hello! First I'd like to say sorry for my ignorance as I have no knowledge in programming or how software works whatsoever and I just might be too stupid to figure it out. But from its description, I thought “touch keyboard and handwriting panel” service is supposed to only...
  8. keyboard handwriting

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard handwriting: hello, I have a surface laptop 2 currently running the latest windows update, and i was wondering how do i add the chinese handwriting input thing onto my keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-handwriting/e6d6376b-f30a-4f0c-84e9-579f3ed3361b
  9. opening handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening handwriting panel: how does one open the handwriting panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-handwriting-panel/059f5c5d-63a0-4920-9424-e75e6c38c5a9
  10. 1703 Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1703 Handwriting panel: Just wanted to know if I can get the Windows 10 1709 handwriting panel on Windows 1703 as I am using a Thinkpad 2 running the atom processor which has been ditched by Microsoft? I cant deal with having to tap the space bar button when I reach the end of the panel. Thank you...