Windows 10: Virtual Machine Shielding Data Why so...

Discus and support Virtual Machine Shielding Data Why so... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I need some security help and i just cant get it anywhere i go the computer repair shop they doesnt know what their doing i look online i cant find a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NF1, Jul 9, 2018.

1. NF1
    NF1 Win User

Virtual Machine Shielding Data Why so...

I need some security help and i just cant get it anywhere i go the computer repair shop they doesnt know what their doing i look online i cant find a sensible instruction...

Okay it's like this I want to run a shielding VM I got the Network Adapter up on running but when it comes to the Guardians i don't know how to set it up...then i come across the link in my start program what they call (shielded Data file) where i can use it to create a shielded Data file to run with a existing shielded Virtual Machine Or to run with A Virtual Machine that haven been shielded as yet. so am think M this seems easy enough now i can get my shielded Machine but Oh boy Microsoft didn't make these things for A home user he make it for the Business person and the technician who already know every thing about computer they cant even give a good instruction...anyway i start the shielded wizard and i dont know what they are talking about their is blank space asking for information what the configuration doesnt give me....this thing is so much frustration because even when i start writing this deep in my mind something saying to me why are you writing this you know no one going to know anything lol i think they all know and keeping to themself i tell you men this world like a few munth ago i needed to know something about this same computer and i come on here looking for answer do you want to know the answer i get Oh we don't know because this version of windows 10 haven release to the public yet so what the hell am doing with it? question 1 do i work at Microsoft? question 2 am i a you know what a test rat?

:)

2. Kari Win User

Clean install of W10 not possible in Virtual Machine.

Please get a cup of coffee, lean back and think an answer for these two questions. Take your time, then check the answers below the questions:

Questions:
    • If you do a clean install of let's say Windows 10 Insider Build 10525 on a totally new computer which has never had an activated Windows 10 on it, does it activate?
    • If you do a clean install of Windows 10 Insider Build on a computer where the underlying Windows 10, upgraded from a qualifying old operating system has already been activated, does it activate?

Answers:
    • No, of course not.
    • Yes, of course.

Why do you think that a virtual machine would make any difference? You have tried to install Windows 10 on a totally new machine which has never had an activated Windows 10 installed, therefore the Microsoft activation servers block the activation due invalid machine ID. In the highlighted part in below quote you admit your mistake yourself, plain and simple, yet you when doing this wrong draw conclusion that even if done correctly it would not work:

What you have tried is essentially the same as if you took a brand new real physical PC without any operating system, which has never had any operating system, and then installed Windows 10 Insider Preview wondering why it does not activate! Virtual Machines behave exactly the same way; if you want to clean install Windows 10 Insider Preview and get it activated you must do it on an existing virtual machine, one which has already had an upgraded Windows 10 activated. This "computer", the virtual machine, its machine ID is marked on activation servers as valid and activated and it will of course activate.

Be it a virtual machine or a physical computer, you cannot activate a clean installed Windows 10 Insider Preview on a totally new machine. How difficult can this be to understand?

When clean installing Windows 10 Insider Preview on a computer which has already had a previous Windows 10 Insider activated, you do not use the product key! It will be asked twice, once before the installation starts and once after the last reboot to OOBE phase. In both cases you skip the product key and your Windows will be automatically activated.

Kari, Jul 9, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Synology Announces Virtual Machine Manager and Virtual DSM

Synology Inc. announced the official release of Virtual Machine Manager. It provides the ability to install and run multiple virtual machines, including Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM on Synology NAS. Hardware resources can be allocated more flexibly with Virtual Machine Manager. Virtual machines can even be moved without interruption to running hosts.

According to a 2016 study made by market authority Gartner, up to 80% of x86 server workloads have been virtualized. Virtual Machine Manager attracted more than 60,000 users during its 6-month beta program. The results also show that server virtualization is definitely a trend of IT industry. Virtual Machine Manager not only provides virtualized system resources, but it also combines the powerful advantages of the Btrfs next-generation file system. This provides users with the ability to complete virtual machine snapshots and replication in just seconds.

Virtual Machine Shielding Data Why so... C1OVryYHCO55FBWH_thm.jpg

The meticulously engineered clustering architecture provides enterprises with multiple NAS management capabilities. Operations run on virtual machines scattered across NAS devices can be managed from a single portal. Virtual Machine Manager brings efficient management capabilities to help IT staff easily reach high availability in a cluster. Moreover, users can set scheduled snapshots and replication plans to protect the data of virtual machines, enjoying a variety of advanced features designed specifically for business.

"Synology used to provide storage services in virtualization infrastructure in the past. In recent years we saw the rising demand for virtualization needs of SMBs and professional users. In 2015, we pioneered the Virtual DSM Manager Beta to create NAS virtualization capabilities. Now Synology NAS can support more diverse operating systems with the fully evolved Virtual Machine Manager and its flexible and powerful cluster architecture. IT staff can easily create an efficient and professional server virtualization environment." said Chen Feng Wang, Product Manager of virtualization at Synology.

Synology's DiskStation Manager operating system has been widely acclaimed and now can run as a virtual machine on Virtual Machine Manager via Virtual DSM. By separating multiple Virtual DSM virtual machines on a single Synology NAS, users can achieve NAS server virtualization while creating a highly resilient, easy-to-manage, and multi-tenant environment.

Virtual Machine Manager supports various models:
    • 18-series: DS3018xs, DS918+, DS718+, DS218+
    • 17-series: FS3017, FS2017, RS3617xs, RS3617RPxs, RS4017xs+, RS3617xs+, RS18017xs+, DS3617xs, DS1817+, DS1517+
    • 16-series: RS2416RP+, RS2416+, RS18016xs+, DS916+
    • 15-series: RS815RP+, RS815+, RC18015xs+, DS3615xs, DS2415+, DS1815+, DS1515+
    • 14-series: RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs, RS3614xs+
    • 13-series: RS3413xs+, RS10613xs+
    • 12-series: RS3412xs, RS3412RPxs, DS3612xs
    • 11-series: RS3411xs, RS3411RPxs, DS3611xs

btarunr, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Virtual Machine Shielding Data Why so...

HotSpot Shield

Hi thomlyons,

To uninstall HotSpot Shield you need to disable the VPN profile first. If you don't know how, please contact HotSpot Shield support for assistance. Once you have disabled the VPN profile follow the steps below to uninstall the app.

1. Go to the app list and look for HotSpot Shield.

2. Touch and hold the app.

3. Then tap uninstall.

Sincerely,

Nelson_Col, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Virtual Machine Shielding Data Why so...

1. Virtual Machine Shielding Data Why so... - Similar Threads - Virtual Machine Shielding

2. How do I set up a new virtual machine in Hyper-V manager that utilizes shielded machine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set up a new virtual machine in Hyper-V manager that utilizes shielded machine...: I know it's a checkbox solution, but it's not. Whenever I try to click shielded machine, the machine won't start. Do I need to have specific machine settings? I am trying to setup a Linux vm....
  3. How do I set up a new virtual machine in Hyper-V manager that utilizes shielded machine...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set up a new virtual machine in Hyper-V manager that utilizes shielded machine...: I know it's a checkbox solution, but it's not. Whenever I try to click shielded machine, the machine won't start. Do I need to have specific machine settings? I am trying to setup a Linux vm....
  4. How to connect to Shielded Virtual Machine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect to Shielded Virtual Machine?: Namaste!I am using Hyper-V for creating/running Virtual Machines. I want to make my VM more Secure so I enabled Shielded VM.But when I run the Virtual Machine I cannot connect to it. I get this Message "Waiting for enhanced session Virtual Machine Connection to be...
  5. How to connect to Shielded Virtual Machine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect to Shielded Virtual Machine?: Namaste!I am using Hyper-V for creating/running Virtual Machines. I want to make my VM more Secure so I enabled Shielded VM.But when I run the Virtual Machine I cannot connect to it. I get this Message "Waiting for enhanced session Virtual Machine Connection to be...
  6. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine: So, I'm here to ask if using Windows in a VM virtual Machine Legal? Its cause I am not getting accurate answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/c2e9e1fa-15e4-4532-9864-d114aa139b86
  7. How to share data with virtual machine in qemu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to share data with virtual machine in qemu?: Hello, Using Qemu, I created a virtual machine with Windows XP Professional SP3 x86. However, how do I share a folder in Windows 10 so I can work with it in a virtual machine, please? Thank you PS. Edition Windows 10 Home Version 2004 Installed on ‎20.‎11.‎2020 OS...
  8. virtual machines

virtual machines: I have windows 10 pro as my main os and i want a copy of the same os so i can play around with the system configurations without harming my main os. How can i do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machines/8896c12f-46cf-4120-a190-fb287326fdf3
  9. Virtual Machine

Virtual Machine: I recently installed Hyper-V on my Lenovo Windows 10 machine and am trying to set up a Virtual Machine. I saw Andre Da Costa's post on Groovypost.com in regards to this. His post was dated January 11, 2019. I have not been able to access the BIOS setup screen, as pictured...
  10. virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual machine: I want to build an oracle VM. I have a new PC with UEFI I am not used to. It is set to the old BIOS and secure boot is disabled. I found virtualization by searching and chose to change virtualization from disabled toe enabled. Is this what I should have done to use Oracle's...