Windows 10: Virtual Mem Page File Partition

Discus and support Virtual Mem Page File Partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have been given an Acer Laptop and I intend to do a fresh install of Windows 10. There is currently a partition named "E:\ Virtual Mem/page file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bill Gaer, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Bill Gaer Win User

Virtual Mem Page File Partition

Hi
    I have been given an Acer Laptop and I intend to do a fresh install of Windows 10. There is currently a partition named "E:\ Virtual Mem/page file leave empty" with a size of 20Gb. I don't understand why, if at all, it is needed and I have not seen this on other computers. When I do a fresh install is it OK to delete this partition and will the 20Gb be added to main c:\ drive.

Thank you
    Bill

:)

Bill Gaer, Aug 28, 2018
  2. CjStaal Win User

Putting Paging file on it's own partition

well you make a different partition, goto control panel, click system, go to advanced, performance, settings, advanced, virtual memory, change, *DISABLE PAGING FILE ON C* and then set a 4096mb Min and Max page file on the partition you are going to use.

CjStaal, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Belarmino Vicenzo Win User
    Page file in multiple partitions

1- With "Page file" I'm talking about the Paging File the one that windows uses as Virtual memory.

2- No, I'm not in need.

Belarmino Vicenzo, Aug 28, 2018
  4. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Virtual Mem Page File Partition - Similar Threads - Virtual Mem Page

2. Intel to Collaborate with SiTime on MEMS Timing for 5G Modems

in Windows 10 News
    Intel to Collaborate with SiTime on MEMS Timing for 5G Modems: SiTime MEMS timing solutions are tiny and low power, offering up to 20 times better robustness, reliability and performance. (Photo courtesy of SiTime) What’s New: Intel and SiTime Corporation*, a provider of MEMS timing solutions, have announced that they will work together...
  3. Page file on faster SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Page file on faster SSD: I have 8GB ram with a 120GB Sata 3 SSD and several hard disk drives. Windows 10 is installed on the SSD. The page file is managed by Windows. I've added a faster 256GB PCIe 3.0 SSD. I'm mainly using this new drive for data, but should I tell Windows to put the page file on...
  4. page file in nonpaged area

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    page file in nonpaged area: Hey! My system has been running fine on windows 10 for a couple of months now, but recently i started getting BSODS without installing new hardware. the BSOD Error is page file in nonpaged area. I tried taking a look on the dump files myself, I couldnt solve it but this is...
  5. An App that displays 'virtual' files & folders?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An App that displays 'virtual' files & folders?: Hi, I was just wondering if there is an app that exists that allows you to show all your selected folders or drives and their file content but without them actually being really there?! It's hard to explain...I want to be able to have an ultra-light portable version of my...
  6. Paging files or not?

Paging files or not?: Hi! I currently have a laptop with a PCIe SSD, 16GB RAM DDR4 and an HDD mainly for games and storage. In terms of paging I have system-managed size paging files for the SSD and for both partitions of the HDD. Would I experience any improvements in performance by not...
  7. Page file stuck at zero

Page file stuck at zero: I have suddenly started getting serious memory loss problems, with the Tablet PC showing warnings and closing down before I can achieve anything. The Page file is shown stuck at zero. I have not been able to change it in the configuration menu. I enter automatic or customised...
  8. Page and Swap File?

Page and Swap File?: I've set the Page File for my C: drive to No Page File and my D: to System Managed. Doing this places the Page File on my D: drive, which is the faster of the 2 drives. [img] The question is, should I still have a Swap File on my C: drive and also one on my D:...
  9. Moving paging file to seperate partition on same drive ?

Moving paging file to seperate partition on same drive ?: I was wondering if there would be an advantage to moving the paging file to a separate partition on the same SSD keeping all the software on the "C" Drive & games on "E" Drive. Or Would this only work if I used another SSD of 30gb size ? I am wondering this through...
  10. MS UAC File Virtualization/Operational

in Windows 10 Support
    MS UAC File Virtualization/Operational: I was browsing through my event viewer today and I came across this event. I've looked around for an answer, and while I did find some information, it really only confused me more. If anyone can tell me what this is (I'm just a newb) I would really appreciate it. Also, I'm...