Windows 10: Virtual Mem Page File Partition

Discus and support Virtual Mem Page File Partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have been given an Acer Laptop and I intend to do a fresh install of Windows 10. There is currently a partition named "E:\ Virtual Mem/page file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bill Gaer, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Bill Gaer Win User

Virtual Mem Page File Partition

Hi
    I have been given an Acer Laptop and I intend to do a fresh install of Windows 10. There is currently a partition named "E:\ Virtual Mem/page file leave empty" with a size of 20Gb. I don't understand why, if at all, it is needed and I have not seen this on other computers. When I do a fresh install is it OK to delete this partition and will the 20Gb be added to main c:\ drive.

Thank you
    Bill

:)

Bill Gaer, Aug 28, 2018
  2. CjStaal Win User

Putting Paging file on it's own partition

well you make a different partition, goto control panel, click system, go to advanced, performance, settings, advanced, virtual memory, change, *DISABLE PAGING FILE ON C* and then set a 4096mb Min and Max page file on the partition you are going to use.

CjStaal, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Page file in multiple partitions

1- With "Page file" I'm talking about the Paging File the one that windows uses as Virtual memory.

2- No, I'm not in need.

Belarmino Vicenzo, Aug 28, 2018
  4. psyko12 Win User

Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Virtual Mem Page File Partition - Similar Threads - Virtual Mem Page

2. Virtual machine looping on options page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual machine looping on options page: The virtual machine stopped working this morning, nothing has changed as far as I'm aware but it now wont boot up and no matter what you select it will loop back to the options page attached...
  3. Virtual machine looping on options page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual machine looping on options page: The virtual machine stopped working this morning, nothing has changed as far as I'm aware but it now wont boot up and no matter what you select it will loop back to the options page attached...
  4. How to reset Virtual Memory or Page File in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to reset Virtual Memory or Page File in Windows 11/10: [IMG]Virtual Memory or Page File is a type of memory that allows Windows to use part of the storage space a RAM, to improve the overall performance or when there is a need for extra memory. While Windows configures it automatically, you can always reset it. This post will...
  5. Installing 10 with low mem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing 10 with low mem: Hi, This may sound like a stupid question based on the min spec, but I'm trying to install 10 on a oldish desktop. As far as I can tell, everything is above min except for the memory, which is only 768MB. (Nearly put 768 'kB' ! Shows how old I am.) During runup of the...
  6. Partition Monitor virtually

in Windows 10 Customization
    Partition Monitor virtually: Hello, Situation: I have dual monitor, one horizontal and one vertical. Question: I would like to partition the second vertical monitor into a separate screen,so virtually create 2 screens on my vertical monitor. Is this possible? I'm using NVIDIA drivers for everything...
  7. Paging File

in Windows 10 Customization
    Paging File: Hi I am running windows 10 pro with 12GB of RAM. What is the best setting to use on the paging file to get the best proformance and how can I calculate it in case I increase the memory?...
  8. Windows 10 1809 update can't set no paging file in Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1809 update can't set no paging file in Virtual Memory: After I updated Windows 10 Pro 64-bit to the October 2018 version 1809 update. I can't set custom size or no paging file in virtual memory properties in drive C:. By after set custom size or no paging file and restart computer. Has system properties pop up on start up. And...
  9. Paging files or not?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Paging files or not?: Hi! I currently have a laptop with a PCIe SSD, 16GB RAM DDR4 and an HDD mainly for games and storage. In terms of paging I have system-managed size paging files for the SSD and for both partitions of the HDD. Would I experience any improvements in performance by not...
  10. Moving paging file to seperate partition on same drive ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Moving paging file to seperate partition on same drive ?: I was wondering if there would be an advantage to moving the paging file to a separate partition on the same SSD keeping all the software on the "C" Drive & games on "E" Drive. Or Would this only work if I used another SSD of 30gb size ? I am wondering this through...