Windows 10: Virtual program not connecting but shows in Hyper-V manager

Discus and support Virtual program not connecting but shows in Hyper-V manager in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I installed virtual XP on Win 10 Pro. When trying to open it in Hyper-V Manager it fails to connect even though it shows in the manager small box that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by drburdi, Aug 18, 2016.

1. drburdi Win User

Virtual program not connecting but shows in Hyper-V manager

I installed virtual XP on Win 10 Pro. When trying to open it in Hyper-V Manager it fails to connect even though it shows in the manager small box that it loaded XP and was ready for use. According to SystemInfo my AMD-Gigbyte computer supports all the requirements for Hyper-V. Tried restarting or creating another virtual but no success. Same error of timed out and failing to connect shows up. I seems to hang up loading the virtual program even though in the Manager it shows loaded and ready to us. Tried several things to no success. Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

drburdi, Aug 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 Hyper V Cable Unplugged

I just upgraded to windows 10 Pro, and having a problem with my hyper V.

1. in the network adapter settings, just like how it supposed to be, there are 4 adapter which are : Ethernet, Microsoft network Bridge, Wifi, and Vethernet. however the Vethernet is not connected as usual. it says "cable unplugged"

2. in hyperV manager, Virtual switch manager, there are no virtual switch created yet.

3. when trying to create a new virtual switch, an error shows up, "switch create failed, name = D021....., friendly name = 'new virtual switch': invalid class string (0x800401F3).

4. there is a yellow exclamation mark in device manager on the hyper V virtual switch extension adapter.

what I have done :

1. go to windows program features, uncheck the Hyper - V so it would reinstall. (however after reboot and windows start to removing the hyper V, it failed and said "undoing changes".)

3. tried to create a new virtual switch (error 0x800401F3)

2. go to device manager and scan for hardware changes (nothing happened)

stephenkenneth, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Sundarock Win User
    Trouble with Hyper v in windows 10 laptop

Hello,

I have laptop with windows 10 pro 64bit and its a i5 processor. Enabled virtualization technology in BIOS and installed hyper v as well without issue happily. After that when i right click hyper v manager and try to connect with local computer its showing
    me "An error occured while attempting to connect to server "my system name". check that virtual machine management service is running and you are authorized to connect to the server". Even i am not able to start any hyper v services. Please tell me if i missed
    anything here.

Regards,

Sundarock, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Virtual program not connecting but shows in Hyper-V manager

1. Virtual program not connecting but shows in Hyper-V manager - Similar Threads - Virtual program connecting

2. Troubleshooting: "Cannot connect to virtual machine" error in Hyper-V Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting: "Cannot connect to virtual machine" error in Hyper-V Manager: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro because I wanted access to the extra security and virtualization features. I believe I have installed the optional Hyper-V feature correctly and virtualization is enabled in my BIOS. I was able to create a couple virtual...
  3. Troubleshooting: "Cannot connect to virtual machine" error in Hyper-V Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting: "Cannot connect to virtual machine" error in Hyper-V Manager: Hello, I recently upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro because I wanted access to the extra security and virtualization features. I believe I have installed the optional Hyper-V feature correctly and virtualization is enabled in my BIOS. I was able to create a couple virtual...
  4. Virtual Machine using Hyper - V Manager

Virtual Machine using Hyper - V Manager: Hi,I made a Virtual Machine using Hyper-V Manager with VHD attached that is running XP. I do get this message when I start up it up from the image I attached. I was told to add XP IDE files that I extracted. My question is: Will I need to attach these files to the VHD for it...
  5. Virtual Machine using Hyper - V Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine using Hyper - V Manager: Hi,I made a Virtual Machine using Hyper-V Manager with VHD attached that is running XP. I do get this message when I start up it up from the image I attached. I was told to add XP IDE files that I extracted. My question is: Will I need to attach these files to the VHD for it...
  6. limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine

limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine: hello, i am configuring a windows xp virtual machine for the purpose of a research, but there is no internet I don't understand much about hyper-v, here are some screenshots. the message I get is: This connection has limited or no connectivity appears. appreciatein portuguese...
  7. limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    limited connection in Hyper-V virtual machine: hello, i am configuring a windows xp virtual machine for the purpose of a research, but there is no internet I don't understand much about hyper-v, here are some screenshots. the message I get is: This connection has limited or no connectivity appears. appreciatein portuguese...
  8. Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine: Suddenly, Hyper V would not connect to any Virtual Machine using the Virtual Machine Connection. I trying creating new VMs and nothing worked. I am using Windows 10 Education....
  9. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  10. Connecting Hyper-V Manager to another PC

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Connecting Hyper-V Manager to another PC: I just bought a new X201 laptop off ebay and wanted to use it to access my main PC (a MacBook also running Windows 10 Pro) through the Hyper-V Manager. That is to use the Hyper-V manager on the X201 to access not just the local PC but to start/stop and connect directly to the...
Tags: