Windows 10: VirtualBox 5.0.0 is out

Discus and support VirtualBox 5.0.0 is out in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Just noticed that there's a new version of VirtualBox out, version 5.0.0. One thing that I'm hoping it will do is emulate detachable USB drives...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by DavidY, Jul 11, 2015.

1. DavidY Win User

VirtualBox 5.0.0 is out

Just noticed that there's a new version of VirtualBox out, version 5.0.0.

One thing that I'm hoping it will do is emulate detachable USB drives... this is mentioned (although I'm not sure I've got it working properly - I'm hoping to convince Windows it's a USB drive to attempt to make a Recovery Drive).

Download from here

:)

DavidY, Jul 11, 2015
  2. NM-NM Win User

Cannot reserve Windows 10 upgrade from virtualized Win7 SP1 environment

I have the same problem, I cannot reserve my windows 10 upgrade because it gives me an error with the video driver "VirtualBox Graphic Adapter" (it complains that the manufacturer did not make it compliant with Windows 10).

Installing or running the tool is not an issue.

I am running Windows 7 SP1 on VirtualBox 5.0.0.

NM-NM, Jul 11, 2015
  3. centDP Win User
    new version of nokia express browser

i had a nokia asha 202 with an xpress browser ver.4.0.0 .....working well

then got a prompt to update it to ver.5.0.0

,,upgraded it to ver.5.0.0

got error afterwards

"conflicting applications"

help on fixing my problem thanks!!

centDP, Jul 11, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

VirtualBox 5.0.0 is out

I'm gonna check this out ! The last version I used was 4.21...

*Smile

Vladimir, Jul 11, 2015
  5. Thanks DavidL works good on windows 10 pro 10166 and Mint 17.1
    shipinomore

shipinomore10, Jul 12, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

USB stuff was one reason why I gave up on VBOX and stuck with VMWARE instead. However it will be interesting to see if others have decent success with the build.

Another reason I didn't like VBOX was its support of accelerated graphics and 3-D was poor to non existent. Be interesting to see if that has been improved in this build too.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 14, 2015
  7. DavidY Win User
    Just to add that I think my initial problems with Recovery Drives on a virtual USB were more because the Recovery Drive function in Windows 10 is currently busted, rather than a problem with emulating USBs in Virtual Box.

DavidY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

VirtualBox 5.0.0 is out

1. VirtualBox 5.0.0 is out - Similar Threads - VirtualBox

2. Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver: I am Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver. I keep getting the error :Could not add the requested feature. the error is: The specified module could not be found.Can someone help me in resolving the issue as I am unable to connect my virtual boxes to the...
  3. Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver: I am Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver. I keep getting the error :Could not add the requested feature. the error is: The specified module could not be found.Can someone help me in resolving the issue as I am unable to connect my virtual boxes to the...
  4. How to install Kali Linux in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Kali Linux in VirtualBox: [IMG]Are you interested in exploring the world of cybersecurity? Installing Kali Linux in VirtualBox is a fundamental step that offers a convenient and safe environment to do so. It is a specialized Linux distribution designed for digital forensics, penetration testing, and...
  5. Convert a VirtualBox Fixed Disk to a Dynamic or vice versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert a VirtualBox Fixed Disk to a Dynamic or vice versa: [IMG]When creating a virtual machine, you are asked to select a disk type, you can either go for Fixed Disk or Dynamic Disk. What if you went for a Fixed Disk and later on realized that you need a dynamic one, or vice-versa? Well! You can convert one into another. In this...
  6. How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]: [IMG]How often have we encountered a situation where the predefined disk size lacks space to accommodate more data? If you require more space on your virtual machine’s hard disk at a later stage, you will have to expand the virtual hard disk and partition. In this post, we...
  7. Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox

in Windows 10 News
    Unable to install Guest Additions in VirtualBox: [ATTACH]It may happen that you are unable to install Guest Additions to a virtual machine in Oracle VirtualBox. When we click on Devices > Install Guest Additions CD Image, it does nothing but throw an error as follows: VirtualBox – Error: Unable to insert the virtual optical...
  8. Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox: I currently am using an HP ELITEX2 with a processor of "IntelR CoreTM M-5Y71 CPU @ 1.20 GHz 1.40 GHz" I have 8 GB ram, 7.88 GB is usable, my system type is "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor". I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1909. I am facing a difficulty in...
  9. Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox: I currently am using an HP ELITEX2 with a processor of "IntelR CoreTM M-5Y71 CPU @ 1.20 GHz 1.40 GHz" I have 8 GB ram, 7.88 GB is usable, my system type is "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor". I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1909. I am facing a difficulty in...
  10. Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade