Windows 10: VirtualBox error

Discus and support VirtualBox error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i try to open a Windows 10 Machine on Virtual Box it shows up this error: VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StefanMeirosu, Jul 11, 2018.

1. StefanMeirosu Win User

VirtualBox error

When i try to open a Windows 10 Machine on Virtual Box it shows up this error:

VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Certain guests (e.g. OS/2 and QNX) require this feature and will fail to boot without it.

How can i fix this?

:)

StefanMeirosu, Jul 11, 2018
  2. PuB_Evo Win User

Sun VirtualBox

Been there and done that. Followed through enabling the 3D acceleration and as told i hit the "Install Guest Addition" to install the drivers in the guest operating system, after that i was told to reboot the VirtualBox and came to the blue windows XP shutdown screen... It was on that screen for more then 30mins and so i force a shutdown on the original Win7 OS to et rid of the VirtualBox OS shutdown screen. Rebooted and tested VirtualBox with the game and got the same error message as shown in my first post.

EDIT: Gone through all the steps till i came to rebooting the VirtualBox OS. After the system coming up normally, i checked if the 3D acceleration is enabled by running dxdiag. Here is what i get...

VirtualBox error DirectX.jpg

Need advise to fix 3D acceleration so i can go on. Thank you so much!

PuB_Evo, Jul 11, 2018
  3. temp02 Win User
    Sun VirtualBox

I doubt that you will be able to get full 3D acceleration (and VirtualBox is the best VM in that field IMO), so the only advice available that I can give you is to turn 3D acceleration on and install your graphic card drivers (on the host machine), follow this guide to enable the 3D acceleration option on VirtualBox.

EDIT: more info here.

temp02, Jul 11, 2018
  4. KieX Win User

VirtualBox error

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

Thema:

VirtualBox error

1. VirtualBox error - Similar Threads - VirtualBox error

2. Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it: As the title says, I used around 200gb of storage in oracle's virtualbox to install Linux, and I did something wrong which caused Linux to keep crashing and never boot. I'm a noob at that kind of stuff, so... Anyway, I was wondering if this would damage my 512gb samsung...
  3. Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it

in Windows 10 Support
    Use VirtualBox to partition around 200gb of storage, then removed it: As the title says, I used around 200gb of storage in oracle's virtualbox to install Linux, and I did something wrong which caused Linux to keep crashing and never boot. I'm a noob at that kind of stuff, so... Anyway, I was wondering if this would damage my 512gb samsung...
  4. Not able to run Virtualbox 5.2.18 on Enterprise Windows 10.0.1299

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to run Virtualbox 5.2.18 on Enterprise Windows 10.0.1299: Hello, Not able to run Virtualbox 5.2.18 on Enterprise Windows 10.0.1299. I tried running the compatibility mode as well but it does not help. There no way I can downgrade Windows version. Please let me know how to resolve this. Thanks, Amol...
  5. Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oracle Virtualbox install fails to launch: I run the installer and it appears to work but then I have two issues; 1. I get the following error when I try and launch virtualbox; Failed to acquire the virtual box COM object Completely failed to instantiate CLSID_VirtualBox: ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND 0x80070002. Result...
  6. How truly safe is VirtualBox with an old computer?

How truly safe is VirtualBox with an old computer?: Please forgive me because I know this sounds like an incredibly stupid question for newbs. I wanted to install VirtualBox on an old computer and then have the computer connected to my router so it can get access to the internet. Although it will be connected to my network, no...
  7. Installing VirtualBox on an old computer. Will it protect me?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing VirtualBox on an old computer. Will it protect me?: Hey guys, I have another question I hope you can answer about safe networking. I have another old computer that I don't use (Windows XP). Can I install VirtualBox (or Sandboxie) on it and use it when I need to access sites that aren't exactly safe. For example, if I wanted...
  8. Help with VirtualBox and WIndows 10 build 1803

Help with VirtualBox and WIndows 10 build 1803: Hello! Before build 1803 my VM was working fine! Now I cannot create any 64 bit machine, my VM is not working complaining the Hyper-V etc... I have a second drive with boot, installed VirtualBox there and the 64bit is available, so the issue remains with that new build. My...
  9. Mouse stopped working after installing VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse stopped working after installing VirtualBox: Hello, as the title says my mouse has stopped working after I installed VirtualBox. While I was installing it asked to install a driver, I clicked ok and from that point the mouse stopped working. I've looked over the internet for about 3 hours and I still haven't managed to...
  10. virtualbox win 10 guest very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    virtualbox win 10 guest very slow: Recently, I would like to upgrade virtualbox win 7 guest to win 10. After upgraded, I found that it is very slow and always high CPU (usually 40-100%). Is there a way to solve this issue? 105040