Windows 10: VirtualBox: Is PAE/NX option dangerous for the system?

Discus and support VirtualBox: Is PAE/NX option dangerous for the system? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I'd like to install Kali Linux on a Virtual Machine in VirtualBox. At startup it failed because it did not have the PAE, so I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Jymmy097, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Jymmy097 Win User

VirtualBox: Is PAE/NX option dangerous for the system?

Hi everybody,

I'd like to install Kali Linux on a Virtual Machine in VirtualBox.
    At startup it failed because it did not have the PAE, so I've enabled it and checked. Everything works fine, but an horrible doubt came up into my mind: as PAE exposes the Physical Address Extension, could it be dangerous to my Host system (which is Windows 10) or, worse, my computer?

Thanks a lot for your help!

EDIT: and the I/O APIC? I do not actually know what it is, but a tutorial advised me to turn it on. Could it be dangerous for my system (not Kali Linux, I sincerely don't care if my Kali Linux machine is destroyed, the most important thing is that my Windows - Host - and my computer are damaged in no ways)?

LG

:)

Jymmy097, Oct 22, 2015
  2. EdgeBerg Win User

The Windows 10 App Says My CPU Is Unsupported

Windows 10's required CPU features are the same as Windows 8.1:
    PAE, NX and SSE2
    . You may need to switch on NX (aka Data Execution Prevention) in your BIOS settings.

EdgeBerg, Oct 22, 2015
  3. Windows 10 (in a VM) is not finishing setup.

I suspect 1 GB of RAM is not sufficient for Windows 10 especially the newer versions to run. Mine gets locked up when I try to use on 2Gigs too.

Did you try to increase the memory allocated?

For VirtualBox Windows 10 configuration I do the following steps:

Enable PAE/NX

Enable 2D and 3D acceleration.

Maximum video memory 256 MB.

with at least 3GB of RAM.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Berton, Oct 22, 2015
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    Neither PAE nor I/O APIC have any implications for the host computer or OS, only the client. Read the VirtualBox help files for more information on these settings. They explain it better than I can.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VirtualBox: Is PAE/NX option dangerous for the system? - Similar Threads - VirtualBox PAE option

2. System in danger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System in danger: Let is make senario that if we get into dangerouse website and i have no Anti-virus, can a hacker or Virus Hack or make my system harm by using website's Cookies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-in-danger/d41c9f7a-3c10-4468-ac75-33422755fc08
  3. System in danger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System in danger: Let is make senario that if we get into dangerouse website and i have no Anti-virus, can a hacker or Virus Hack or make my system harm by using website's Cookies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-in-danger/d41c9f7a-3c10-4468-ac75-33422755fc08
  4. Waves NX buzzing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Waves NX buzzing: Hello, I'm having some issues with Waves NX. Windows 10 Pro x64 1909 18363.1198, Xonar DGX. A few days ago I tested a Sabrent USB audio adapter dongle. Since then when Waves NX is used the sound is loudly distorted. This sound is what happened when Waves NX was turned off...
  5. Utorrent is dangerous ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Utorrent is dangerous ??: Hi, I used Utorrent for like for 1 year But after updating windows is unsafe.? And I also many people using utorrent even after updating window. Does it really dangerous??...
  6. NIKON NX 2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NIKON NX 2: My NIKON NX 2 photo uploading and editing program crashes as soon as I open it, since the recent Microsoft Malware update . I've re-booted, re-installed the program... All to no avail. Nikon says it's a Microsoft problem. How can I get it the NIKON NX 2 program back and...
  7. CPU doesn't support NX

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU doesn't support NX: Hi, I need a help, I tried to install Android Studio to start working on developping apps, but when I tried to make an emulator (virtual device), it doesn't work, and I had this warning " Your CPU doesn't support NX ". My ask is to know what is mean NX, and why my CPU...
  8. ntoskrl digital signature error after NX/PAE hacking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ntoskrl digital signature error after NX/PAE hacking: Hello! Following a guide in another forum, I was able in the past to install Windows 8 in an old Pentium 4 system without NX/PAE support. I'm not going to go into details here, but the process involved extracting the installation files from install.wim to a hard disk and...
  9. No Execute memory - NX Windows 10 installer False NX negative - DEP

in Windows 10 Support
    No Execute memory - NX Windows 10 installer False NX negative - DEP: There Seems to be a severe lack of support for No Execute memory based problems in most motherboards. In fact it would seem (call me crazy) that this is an intentional problem considering the lack of support for NX based problems such as false NX negatives in the windows 10...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit PAE, SSE2, NX, CMPXCHG16b

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit PAE, SSE2, NX, CMPXCHG16b: I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+(64-bit processor) and I'm thinking it can't run WIndows 10 64-bit. One website said to check under System Information "Look for system type if you see x64 based PC, then your computer is capable of running 64-bit Windows. If you see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pae/nx virtualbox

2. virtualbox pae/nx

3. vm enable pae/nx

4. what is VirtualBox dangerous,
  5. PAE/NX virtualbox co to,
  6. virtualbox enable pae nx,
  7. virtualbox hide virtual machine system info,
  8. virtualbox what ios pae/nx,
  9. vbox pae/nx windows 10,
  10. virtualbox enable pae/nx,
  11. virtualbox enable pae/nx for windows 10,