Windows 10: VirtualBox without optical drive?

Discus and support VirtualBox without optical drive? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I was just wondering if you could make a Virtual Machine without an optical drive since I have more than one Virtual Machine and not enough USB drives.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Elias, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Elias Win User

VirtualBox without optical drive?

I was just wondering if you could make a Virtual Machine without an optical drive since I have more than one Virtual Machine and not enough USB drives. So if anyone could help that would be great.

:)

Elias, Oct 10, 2016
  2. DaveWhoMN Win User

Unable to install programs after Windows 10 update. Installation causes folders without owner or permissions to be created.

After Windows upgrades KB4054517 and KB4041994 the USB connection on all of my VirtualBox VMs failed. I tried to downgrade the VirtualBox, thinking that was the problem, but the installation failed because the folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start
    Menu\Programs\Oracle\VirtualBox did not have an owner or permissions. It could not delete the folder, even with PowerShell with administrator rights. The only way to delete it was to restart the PC and then use PowerShell. Any further attempts to install
    VirtualBox recreated this folder, without an owner or permissions. I was able to install VirtualBox by disabling the start up feature. Now, I cannot install the VirtualBox extensions for the same reason. Several folders under C:\ProgramData\Oracle\VirtualBox\ExtensionPacks
    are created without an owner and without permissions. Restarting and deleting these files does not solve the problem because these same folders are created every time.

VirtualBox without optical drive? [​IMG]

VirtualBox without optical drive? [​IMG]

Before these upgrades, I have installed and upgraded several versions of VirtualBox and ExtensionPacks that actual worked. Now, I cannot install any version.

Any thought?

DaveWhoMN, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Virtual Box error in windows10

Hi , Can we upgrade the Oracle VirtualBox without losing data in the partition.

JohnKuhlken, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

You don't need CD for virtual box you can mount iso images if needed

Samuria, Oct 10, 2016
  5. kado897 Win User
    Also you cant boot a Virtualbox VM from a USB easily.

kado897, Oct 15, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    That is not what op is asking.

cereberus, Oct 15, 2016
  7. kado897 Win User
    Maybe but why then would he mention USB drives in the same sentence?

kado897, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. VirtualBox without optical drive? - Similar Threads - VirtualBox without optical

2. optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  3. optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  4. 20H2 and Optical Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    20H2 and Optical Drive: Hello. I recently updated to version 20H2. I have a Dell Inspiron 3671, windows 10 Home Edition. I purchased it in October 2019.After updating to 20H2, I noticed that I could not read blank dvds. It was fine after updating to version 2004 in December 2020 .. as I was easily...
  5. Installing Windows 10 without optical drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Windows 10 without optical drive: I’m looking at building a new PC without a optical drive.How do I purchase and install windows 10 this way ? .Thanks in advance . submitted by /u/cgb1970 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrom12/installing_windows_10_without_optical_drive/
  6. Optical Drive

Optical Drive: Hello, The optical drive on my ASUS all in one pc has stopped working. Apparently, there is a driver error. I have tried to fix/update with no success. ASUS say there is no direct fix available. I have bought an external drive, but this is also showing the same diagnostic...
  7. Optical drive

Optical drive: How do I install and connect the ASUS External slim optical drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/db20e64f-3402-413d-8948-b95b9dd4eb48
  8. Optical Drive Issue

Optical Drive Issue: Optical Drive Issue – When I go to my Documents folder and want to send a Word file to a DVD disc, I click on “Send to.” The pop-up menu does not include the option to send the file to the DVD disc. The wording is missing. The DVD disc does work on its own. I use Windows 10....
  9. optical drive

optical drive: just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive or no? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/ff81eee5-343a-42cc-b7f8-31d2e4a2b445
  10. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14

Users found this page by searching for:

1. as the machine has no optical drive error in virtualbox windows

2. virtual box shared folder no optical drive

3. can virtualbox work without an optical drive

4. as the machine has no optical drive,
  5. this machine has no optical drives virtualbox