Windows 10: Virtualization-based security (VBS) memory enclaves: Data protection

Discus and support Virtualization-based security (VBS) memory enclaves: Data protection in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The escalating sophistication of cyberattacks is marked by the increased use of kernel-level exploits that attempt to run malware with the highest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Virtualization-based security (VBS) memory enclaves: Data protection

Source: Virtualization-based security (VBS) memory enclaves: Data protection through isolation Microsoft Secure

:)

Brink, Jun 5, 2018

2. I have issues with security on how to protect data from Windows?

Hi Jose,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have issues with protecting Windows 10 from fraud and hackers?

We need to know which account you use to login to Windows 10? (Microsoft/Local)

You may try the below steps and protect the Windows from hackers/fraudsters:

• Use the strong passwords to login to the computer

• Turn on the windows firewall and change the settings of the Firewall to recommended settings

• Use the security software’s to protect from the threats

• You may try to use the secured browse engines and encryptions to protect the data when you browse through internet

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 8, 2018
  3. VBS Msgbox

Denis,

• I was too lazy to compute the size programmatically. And, it the 2005 version the message box always came up hidden, so I always used 0 for the top. It's also part of my OCD to be able to control everything.
    • I personally don't need it to timeout. I used this in vbs files to ask to continue to the next step, skip the next step or cancel the vbs. BTW, I added the code back in but keep it assign it to 0.
    • Sound was calling Windows Media Player: WshShell.Run "C:\Users\donast\desktop\sndrec32.lnk",7,false the lnk is a shortcut on my old desktop that had: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe"
      "C:\Users\Public\Music\Wavefiles\Twilight.wav"
    • Yes. The value is the number of the button in the order specified when calling it.
    • Never really thought about it as all my VBS/VBA code is relatively simple and I add comments in the file as necessary to remind me what is going on. I don't usually have anyone to share my code.
    FYI I use a VBS to call it. Here's a line from a test vbs I use to run your version:

choice=Wshshell.run("custommsgbox.vbs " & wscript.scriptname & " ""CopyFiles.vbs done. Continue with UnArchVista.vbs?"" ""White"" ""Black"" 40 ""Yes"" ""No"" ""Cancel""",1,true)

Copy it to a text editor to see all the spaces, etc. Took me a while back the to figure it out.

Don

DRARetired, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

Virtualization-based security (VBS) memory enclaves: Data protection

1. Virtualization-based security (VBS) memory enclaves: Data protection - Similar Threads - Virtualization based security

2. Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation: Hello, everyone!Can I add my service to Virtualization Based Security ?Now, it has Credential Guard and Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualization-based-security-vbs-device-guard/e6516c9a-20a7-40d8-9a1b-ff65894b8bb1
  3. Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation: Hello, everyone!Can I add my service to Virtualization Based Security ?Now, it has Credential Guard and Hypervisor enforced Code Integrity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtualization-based-security-vbs-device-guard/e6516c9a-20a7-40d8-9a1b-ff65894b8bb1
  4. Virtualization Based Security VBS, Device Guard, Core Isolation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Virtualization Based Security VBS is reactivating automatically after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtualization Based Security VBS is reactivating automatically after each reboot.: I had to deactivate VBS because it conflicts with my processor's application Ryzen Master. I did it followingthis tutorial and it works but it activates itself after each reboot. I have checked that inside "Administrative templates" the virtualization security is marked as...
  6. How to disable VBS (Virtual based Security) in windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to disable VBS (Virtual based Security) in windows 10 1903: I use bluestack and it didn't work when VBS is on but require hardware virtualisation. Please help. Previously I was using 1803 where it has an option to disable it without turning off virtualisation from BIOS. I can't find it now....
  7. How to disable VBS (Virtual based Security) in windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable VBS (Virtual based Security) in windows 10 1903: Previously I was using 1803 where it has an option to disable it without turning off virtualisation from BIOS. I can't find it now. I use bluestack and it didn't work when VBS is on but require hardware virtualisation. Please help....
  8. virtualization based security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virtualization based security: Should virtualization based security be enabled. I find under system information that mine is disabled. 132401
  9. virtualization based security

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    virtualization based security: Should virtualization based security be enabled. I find under system information that mine is disabled. 132401
  10. Virtualization Based Security presenting an issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virtualization Based Security presenting an issue.: Hello. I am writing because I was checking my event viewer today and I found a message error stating the core was disable and follow the message advice to re-enabled it. According to my group policy configuration, my computer supports all locks for VBS security but when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 vbs enclave

2. secure memory enclaves

3. virtualisation based security windows update fail

4. virtualization based security vbs memory enclaves,
  5. Secure enclaves virtualisation